Notices
RC Submarines RC submarine discussions.

Submarine WTC build

Old 02-23-2012, 07:53 PM
Joshsubmec
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Submarine WTC build

Hey, i've been working on trying to build a WTC for a submarine but i have failed one to many times. I can't seem to make the motor shaft watertight. Some feed back and pictures would be great! If any body has any plans they would like to share would be much appreciated.
Thanks, Josh
Old 02-24-2012, 03:04 PM
Rogue Sub

Default RE: Submarine WTC build

http://roguesubworks.com/downloads/diy-rcab.pdf
Old 02-24-2012, 07:58 PM
Joshsubmec

Hey Rogue Sub, thanks for the awesome plans. I was really losing hope on building a WTC myself for a while there, cause i couldnt find any free plans. I know 6-10 bucksisnt much but thats 10 more dollars taken out of buying a ballast system or motor. Thanks for the help.
 Josh
Old 03-10-2012, 03:52 PM
AQUASUB

Take a look at this method I have used with great reliabilty with zero leakage now for some 30 years! Very inexpensive and easy to make from parts that are readily avialable.

see this thread ,note the stuffing box as it is called can be made to any shaft size,lenght or custom need you might need cant beat that YA!

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_9747499/tm.htm

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us55050.jpg
Views:	720
Size:	36.7 KB
ID:	1737238  
Old 03-10-2012, 04:18 PM
AQUASUB

Also look at the Aquacasing,I developed from again readily available components check out this thread see them at your local RV shop!!

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_9957693/anchors_9957693/mpage_1/key_/anchor/tm.htm#9957693
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx70848.jpg
Views:	410
Size:	7.7 KB
ID:	1737243   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gb89354.jpg
Views:	360
Size:	114.0 KB
ID:	1737244  
Old 06-04-2012, 06:29 AM
cyclops2

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

A submarine has the same pressure trying to get past the prop shaft as a surface boat. FACT.

So a simple LIGTWEIGHT THINNED out grease will do perfectly.

My OLD Nautalis has never leaked in more than 20 years. Same original batch of grease in it.
Old 06-04-2012, 08:13 AM
AQUASUB

I agree I just like grease ,as used in full scale craft.
Old 06-04-2012, 03:11 PM
Rogue Sub

Full scale subs do not use grease as a seal
Old 06-05-2012, 08:57 AM
AQUASUB

I said craft not subs.
Old 06-05-2012, 01:52 PM
Rogue Sub

Craft is pretty broad, perhaps a clarifier next time. Craft can be defined as: a vehicle designed for navigation in or on water or air or through outer space. Besides this is the sub forum so to assume you are speaking of subs is not to far a stretch.
Old 06-05-2012, 08:00 PM
AQUASUB

I think it is prity clear what I meant at least to a lyman.No need to get so technical for a stuffing box.
Old 06-21-2012, 02:09 PM
Rogue Sub

Take your own advice Dave.. and use spell check for once
Old 06-21-2012, 08:05 PM
Joshsubmec

Heck i'm just going with a bilge pump motor..i took off the main plastic junk around the sides now all i got is a small amount of plastic the motor and the seal which i just added grease to so it should work pretty darn good. Thanks for all your Good advice to.
Old 06-22-2012, 07:52 PM
AQUASUB

Sounds good what you are doing just as long as it does not leak and sorry for those I have to appologize for on this forum that can't keep there bilge water to them selves ,sorry.
Old 06-24-2012, 04:49 AM
Rogue Sub

I have to apologize for any incorrect information and bad guidance you may receive on this forum as well. Please be careful and make sure to use all of the available forums on the internet. Make sure you find out what the reputation is of anyone who is providing advice to you as well. Chances are if hes been banned from all the major sub forums out there, that he has been feeding bad info for a long time.
Old 06-24-2012, 06:57 AM
merriman

'Dingggg.....!'

Old 06-24-2012, 05:38 PM
caswell

Dinggg?Dong!!

We see him here, we see him there, Rogue Sub is everywhere! His expert advice is on all forums! We all are so fortunate!

Aquasub has a problem with spellcheckers, but lets be fair, his posts are interesting, and he is most innovative because he is unorthodox and a little 'Goldburgish'. I find them informative and inventive, something that is agin the mainstream in model submarining.

I must say, I'm surprised that RSWis in so many places at once. Perhaps this is a new slant on subliminamal advertizing? Doth he fly under the moderator radar?

Old 06-24-2012, 06:19 PM
Rogue Sub

I dont tote myself as an expert. You seem to have given me that title, thanks. Most of what I have learned, I learned from Mr. Merriman. I would consider him to be an expert in craft and in hobby. All I have done is to reiterate his teachings in a different format and make it available to anyone who seeks to know. Thank you very much Mr. Merriman!

Im surprised to see you post Mike. They didn't ban you here yet? Did you threaten to sue them as well or is that a privilege reserved for your customers and competitors?

I dont care how aquasub makes his seals or how his work is "goldburgisjh". That is not the issue at hand. I never said that the seals he suggested wouldn't work either.

I corrected incorrect information only. If he cannot accept that it was an incorrect statement and needed further clarification that is his problem. However, for those who would read this thread I would rather they know the correct answer. Feel free to support incorrect information on your own forums Mike.
Old 06-25-2012, 10:03 AM
AQUASUB

Man  rogue sub someone got under your stern or what ,all Mike wants to say is a bit of constructive advice and praise,yes i am known for making some pritty cool subs that are   unigue in there construction and are built to last alot longer than most,I dont see yours running in gator infested waters,if mine goes down they stay down till i get a spear gun!
Yes my stuffing boxes do seal perfectly well I garantee it ,psonaly,do you garranty yours on your subs!Also I don't use "seals" so get that !

Grease and oillite bearrings thats it.

And yes I am banned from the other sites and which to stay that way ,gee gues why evedently you don't or don't care to mention why.
 I would not give them the time of day for all they seem to care about is there own egos and greed not the furtherment of the hobby.

Because I came up with a better caseing,cheaper and readily avilable  ,a theat to the mass produced ones that I here alot of compliants about.

You need to wake up and be openminded and acsept that there are other alternatives to just using other peoples stuff and that buildind /creatting   your own is by far the most rewardding ,if it sinks,burns,explodes hey its your falt and no other and  is the spirit of this hobby to invent is what its all about and this hobby can sure use more of it.
Mike has the right attitude and I give him allways great praise for his efforts and buseness in this hobby,for you to acuse him is not right.

So let out the bilgewater and stay dry ,you won't sink. 

Uoops did not use speel check  bummerrrr 
Old 06-25-2012, 02:41 PM
Skip Asay

In the real world, the real reason you've been banned from just about every other site is that you have been abusive. Nothing more, nothing less.

Skip Asay
Old 06-25-2012, 02:49 PM
Rogue Sub

Dave

You misunderstand. I have seen your boat. I know they run just fine. I know that you pack more function into your boats then 90% of the modelers out there. I am also aware that you do it at half the cost of most people.I dont doubt your seals (yes they have worked for years). I dont doubt the casings that you use (I have seen you make them work for yourself). Kudos to you and the DIY. You may have missed it but I fully support the DIY hobbyist out there.

The fact that I made one correction to an incorrect statement without a personal attack on your design or self is what is key here. I made a correction to information concerning REAL submarines, which I feel I am fully qualified to make. Mater of fact I wear the dolphins to prove that statement.

You could benefit from letting out some bilge water yourself.

I tell you to spell check because it makes your posts easier to read for the forum users and helps in creating the presence of validity in your statements. NOT because I think your an idiot. The suggestion is for everyones benefit.

And now back to the show.
Old 06-26-2012, 04:29 AM
caswell

Lots of mis-information here Kevin. Lets put this all straight, once and for all.

see -http://www.moonrakers.com/submarines/KevinPriceRCU.pdf

Hopefully, this will put an end to all the rubbish and lies that have been perpetuated by some!

BTWSlander is the spoken word, libel is written!

Old 06-26-2012, 10:13 AM
AQUASUB

If I had bilgewater to letout Rogue Sub which I don't becuase my subs don't leak ,nice and dry all the time becuse no soft seals in the shafting is used which is similar to what is used on full sized craft notice not refering to subs ,just general refrence so where you got the misimformation to inject full sized subs here is a mystery as you have also injected bad remarks about me and Mike and his buisness.

This is bad weather for all and just adds to the overall negative bilgewater puloting the sease of this fun hobby.

I do apreciate your observations about my subs and confirms that I do build a fine machine of the Oceans,to bad that most of them are gone to new captains all over the world,but there are more on the ways!

Again sorry I will not use spell check just for you to read my post with ease or what ever or any other person for that matter ,have you ever read Eienstiens notes and many other great writtings ,man they are in need of spell check .So what ,its the content that matters here so please keep it to your self it shows a disregard for the forum.
Why have you not mentioned good things or bad things about my stuffing box ,instaed you just attack,oh well so what.

Time to get back to stuffing boxes alot funner!

<script></script>

Old 06-30-2012, 01:38 PM
Justaddwata
My Feedback: (3)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

If any of you want to discuss subs please be my guest.

If you want to argue - save me the trouble of deleting it and just dont bother posting it!

Old 08-18-2012, 01:42 PM
sunworksco

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is little argument about how superior the Alexander Engel shaft seals keep water out of the WTC.

http://www.engel-modellbau.eu/catalog/index.php?cPath=37_91