RC Submarines RC submarine discussions.

Good sub for FPV

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2016, 04:17 AM
nb1914

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good sub for FPV

Hello All,

I have been looking at various options to build a sub FPV platform, plenty of DIY suggestions but i would prefer a structured kit build Options i looked at so far:-

1. TT SB-1 = can't find any in the UK, plenty available from indonesia but not sure about purchasing from these companies

2. TT robotics seawolf complete kit. Looks like the one to go for but i want to extended a 5.8Ghz video feed to the surface through an antennae tube of some sort or floating surface bouy. The thought of modifying a brand new approx 900GBP model might get me into the divorce courts for a second time. I know there is a dedicated umbilical attachment but i can't find what the connector is to see if i could simply adapt something to connect to it.

3. Open ROV = looks very good but would prefer RC as local lakes are not that deep, maybe make this RC ? but again once it lands in UK the cost is quite high but maybe i should just use the umbilical ? once again prefer RC.

4. Engel 212A = best of both worlds scale model and potential FPV platform ? i was thinking of making a water tight container to attach as and when to the front of the conning tower with a FPV camera and 5.8Ghz 500ma Video transmitter with antennae to the surface. Not sure if this would upset the balance of the sub ?

Thanks for any advice
Andy
Old 03-28-2016, 02:47 AM
nb1914

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok i took the plunge and bout a 1/96th scale JSDF from ebay complete kit. Does anyone have any build instructions for this sub ???
Old 04-06-2016, 10:25 AM
RickP
My Feedback: (2)

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

what is a JSDF? Can you be more specific?