Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

U-Boat Typ VIIC-41

hey guys after yrs of planes I want to give subs and boats a try. I am working on a boat but would like to try and find some drawings or plans to scratch build a U-Boat Typ VIIC-41 or any type VII

since im a noob again can someone help me find some info on sub drawings or plans. I dont mind drawing up a set of plans in solidworks so I know everything fits etc and understand the sub setup. thats why I dont mind taking plans and cadding them together in 3D first so that I understand everything before i start making anything, I am looking somewhere in the 6 ft length unless you can easily split them for travel then I could go bigger

Joe
    Scale Model Design And Fabrication Services L.L.C.
    Http://www.proflooney.net

A google search should bring up plenty of plans. Here is a deck layout: https://support.caswellplating.com/i...chment/278/181

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    the ones I have come across are really really bad quality and being new to subs i need to find something of decent quality I can easily make out lines etc

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    thanks I tried them once and basically wasted 20 bucks for a low quality drawing i coulda got off the web. i am really leery anymore on paying for ship plans from some sites as ive spent abt 300 bucks total from different places for so-called ship plans which were nothing more than a 3 view with 4 or 5 stations. I dunno why ship ppl call that junk plans when they are nothing more than 3 views. I call plans like what you get in the plane world with actual construction type drawings. 3 views still hide the pressure hull outlines which is whats needed to loft the hull. I know guys build from these ship 3 views but I am from the old school where I like to be as accurate as I can. I did just get microfilm dvds if with 5 reels for the Elco PT Boat though and wished could find the same for old fleet subs.

thanks anyways for trying to help

joe