RC Submarines RC submarine discussions.

I'm looking for a sub

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2004, 07:38 AM
crazyboutrc1227
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'm looking for a sub

I'm looking a small, quality submarine that would go a couple feet or so deep. my price rage is $200 max. I was looking at some of the micro subs but they appeared to be a little cheap, although I was impressed on the depth capabilities (6 feet). Micro subs would be fine, if they were quality. If anyone knows of a nice submarine that goes fairly deep and is in my price range, PLEASE POST.
Thanks
Old 11-04-2004, 04:08 PM
Captain Nemo12

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: I'm looking for a sub

You have 200$ bux to spent, I recommend choosing the MotorWorks USS Dallas/Chicago (check out the topic Walmart Sub=Cool! in this forum) not a bad choice accoriding to the reviews, hey it only costs about 19$!
Old 11-04-2004, 06:46 PM
crazyboutrc1227
My Feedback: (5)

20 bucks eh? I think i read about that sub in some forums. one guy says he is having trouble witht he reception though. other than him everyone who has one seems to like it just fine. although i no one has really posted its depth capabilities. do you know how deep it will go?
Old 11-04-2004, 08:16 PM
Captain Nemo12

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hard to say, but depth doesn't really matter when you're getting into subs, most subs will go below 2 ft, to up to 6 or maybe 8ft, the real depth depends on how far you're willing to take your sub, in murky waters, submariners usually stay at periscope depth. You can wear special polarized sunglasses to make the water look more clearer to you, hull structure is also important, you go too deep, water pressure does its thing, enjoyment is the main thing.
Old 11-05-2004, 01:52 AM
U-812

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/Reve...2270385/tm.htm

Here's a possiblity for you. well under 200 and very scale. Also Dumas makes the Blue fish and the Akula (think I spelled it wrong) which are well designed beginners kits and again well under 200.

Steve