Radio Control TARDIS Submarine

Notices
RC Submarines RC submarine discussions.

Radio Control TARDIS Submarine

Old 06-20-2013, 05:29 PM
crashontakeoff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radio Control TARDIS Submarine

So, It has been many years since I have started a build thread, but I have been contemplating a submarine for a while now. I was watching Dr. Who last night and I thought if I built a big enough Police Box with enough thrust and with a ballast tank towards the top I could enjoy the benefits of a science fiction icon with lots of space inside. one of the things that turns me off with subs is the lack of room inside to work with, but with this design I could have a 34.7 CM X 21.5 CM space in which to work. I will call it a TARDIP (Time And Relative Dimension In POOL). I will start the plans this week.

I plan on the ballast tank being at the top so when it sits in the water it sits upright. Using the windows on the side as retractable diving planes. Duel thrusters with a 12 volt system since it will be hard to push a rectangle through the water. I think it should be done by Christmas in time for the special on BBC America.

crashontakeoff
Old 07-14-2013, 02:51 PM
Joshsubmec
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Radio Control TARDIS Submarine

Sounds pretty sweet! Hope it goes well..