Notices
RC Submarines RC submarine discussions.

Seaview Concept II

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2010, 04:10 PM
AQUASUB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Seaview Concept II

Those are intersting finds and might work as a directional prop knoxzzel but there too large for most subs at 60 plus mms inner diamiter.
Mine is only about 30 and has a mush higher jet flow or thrust since it comes fro directly off the jets exaust with sharper movements,more power smaller package.

Amur
Old 02-22-2010, 09:12 PM
junglelord

Yes they are two large for most subs, but a nice find, non the less.
Your correct about yours being the right size for most subs.
Old 02-23-2010, 12:06 AM
airwalk

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Aquasub, please keep this forum on the concept II design it self,as it was meant for.Postings are going off topic. and if you feel the need to promote your products please do it on your many other threads. Thanks Airwalk
Old 02-23-2010, 12:29 AM
AQUASUB

Since when is it  going off topic I am simply giving some ideas to   improve the handling of this thing and I never even hinted on price ,where I wonder it comes from?
Old 02-23-2010, 12:52 AM
airwalk

What I meant was Aquasub was you will get more reponse by putting you find products and ideas on your own (The Aquathrust Vector Drive) that you have. Turning star wars ships into submarines are great ideas,but I would like to just keep this forum in just the Seaview submarine concept II design for now. Please keep up your great ideas,and I will be watching you threads also, You never know I might be getting one of your fine jet drives later on. Thanks! Airwalk.
Old 02-23-2010, 09:25 AM
AQUASUB

Sounds good

Dave
Old 02-23-2010, 06:02 PM
airwalk

What happen to the sub!!! Well I decided to mold the top deck separate,from the main hull.Now there will be two separation points .One along the full lenght of the fins,and a removeable top deck ,which will make servicing the model easier thru the top deck.Should have a new deck in a few days.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr49599.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	67.0 KB
ID:	1385349  
Old 02-24-2010, 11:30 AM
airwalk

Got the new top deck mold pulled off of the sub plug, this morning with no damage to the model.The top deck mold turned out perfect,with all of the detail intact.Now to lay up a new top deck,and pull it out in a couple of days.

Name:	Bz76825.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	47.4 KB
ID:	1385819  
Old 02-24-2010, 12:17 PM
junglelord

Thanks for the update....and so glad you got the mold pulled with no damage to the plug.
Way to go....So happy for you. Your very talented and very inventive, a real modeler.
Me, I have much to learn, just call me grasshopper, Master Po.

Making the new Seaview, the first one that I know of, well, all of us are TOTALLY behind you and your minds eye coming to life.
Many people are going to want one!
Old 02-24-2010, 12:20 PM
greenman407
My Feedback: (1)

Hi ! You are doing fantastic work there!!! I own a 52" Seaview that I operate at present. The hull is made by Rick Teskey of Canada. It is the 8 window version. Comparing your new design to it I am very excited about possibly having another Seaview! I love what you have done to the sail and superstructure, the single pump jet design and the Cadillac fins. However you said you were interested in peoples opinions. So I thought I would share this with you . I know you said that you have a lot more work to do on sculpting this sub so I have the urge to keep quite and see what you come up with. But on the other hand maybe I should offer this as something to think about. From the front quarter angle it seems that the edge of the manta ray fins that fare back into the body seems too thick as if it needs to be tapered down. Its also hard to get used to the manta fins(as I call them) not protruding more but thats just my opinion. Keep up the good work!!! I like the very sloped back bow as it is more of a streamlined and racy look
Old 02-24-2010, 12:56 PM
airwalk

Hi guys,Junglelord,thank you for the very nice complements on my build.I have seen your seaview builds on the sub-driver,and you are no grass hopper! you do outstanding work also!Keep it up.Greenman 407 thank you also for the feedback on the concepts fins.I agree with you on the thickness of the front fins. I have to fine tune the main hull yet ,and was thinking about putting a taper to the outside of the fins.Also maybe a little more length to the tips also would make it look better? I really appreciate your opinions on this project.If you or anybody have anymore opinions please let me know.I really want this design to be the best for everybody,incase I make kits. Dennis
Old 02-24-2010, 01:18 PM
junglelord

I really want this design to be the best for everybody,incase I make kits. Dennis
Tease.....I believe you would sell those ad infinitum...
Cheers
Dean
Old 02-24-2010, 03:11 PM
SNOWTANK

ORIGINAL: airwalk

Hi guys,Junglelord,thank you for the very nice complements on my build.I have seen your seaview builds on the sub-driver,and you are no grass hopper! you do outstanding work also!Keep it up.Greenman 407 thank you also for the feedback on the concepts fins.I agree with you on the thickness of the front fins. I have to fine tune the main hull yet ,and was thinking about putting a taper to the outside of the fins.Also maybe a little more length to the tips also would make it look better? I really appreciate your opinions on this project.If you or anybody have anymore opinions please let me know.I really want this design to be the best for everybody,incase I make kits. Dennis

I 2nd that too. A little more taper and the fins just slightly protruding more to give it that seaview identity. Excellent work on the mold airwalk. Your work on this new Seaview is getting more and more interest. Your on to a great idea here.
Old 02-24-2010, 04:00 PM
airwalk

Working on that taper this afternoon,in between other work.I added 1/8 of a inch to each side,this looks more like a fin now.I think the viewers will like it.I,ll post pictures later tonight.
Old 02-24-2010, 05:56 PM
SNOWTANK

Thanks Airwalk. We all appreciate your tremendous effort into this project and are here to lend our support.
Old 02-24-2010, 06:09 PM
AQUASUB

Thats the spirit !

Old 02-24-2010, 09:40 PM
airwalk

Well here are the pictures of the redone front fins,I do not have them trued up yet,I,ll do that tomorrow.I added 1/8 to each fin tip,and then tapered them so the fins are not as thick.This is about the limit that I can go out without redoing the complete fin.It added more of a point to the fins,and a total of 1/25 width to the over all width of the fins. Let me know what you guys think? Like I said I have to straighten up the curves tomorrow,run out of hours today.

Name:	Vt58769.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	37.3 KB
ID:	1386179   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vq52281.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	45.6 KB
ID:	1386180   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gm22218.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	40.5 KB
ID:	1386181  
Old 02-24-2010, 10:43 PM
junglelord

Very Slick. I liked both versions....LOL, a lot of help I am.
Old 02-24-2010, 11:03 PM
airwalk

I just got out of the shop from working on the fins.I added body puddy to the front and back of the fin points to round them out just a little.I really did not like the points of the fins that much.I think I improved them alot more since I toke the pictures above.I,ll work on them in the morning to streamline them up more yet.I will post pictures then.
Old 02-24-2010, 11:15 PM
AQUASUB

Looks great nice and streamlined not over done,say just a thaught ,to counteract the diving tendancy of the bow how a about some positive angle on those fins,just enogh to counter the dive at normal speed ,it would not be visable from the top just from the sides,like a fishis fin just a gentle wave to the positive ,that would realy be sexy like those spoilers on super cars that retract or extend at certain speeds this one is molded in ,like an airfoil if made similarly it would have the same effect. I would make test bows and find the optimal shape,finaly killing the dive curse scientificly.A thaught.

Dave
Old 02-24-2010, 11:34 PM
airwalk

Im slowely getting it,and should have it cleaned up in the morning.Thanks for the ideas anyway Dave. Dennis.
Old 02-25-2010, 06:40 AM
Rick Teskey

Good day
This unit does look similar too the vectored thrust nozzel that I have employed in my flying sub and seaviews.
I have a ball set between 2 teflon seats in a housing with 2 aliron ball link connectors at 90 degrees apart driven by 2 servos for each nozzel.
While this does work, a 4 pin axis is better.
180 degrees from the ball link an idler pin should be installed and run in a gide slot too keep the nozzel trackin true or you will get a bit of drift in the vectored thrust, I know because I have run this arrangement for a couple of years.
My nozzel is connected too a pump by a piece of 1/4 inch i.d. flexable surgical tubing.
make this alteration too your design and it will work better.
Rick Teskey
Old 02-25-2010, 07:55 AM
airwalk

Thanks Rick,for the ideas! When I get her molded I,ll do some expermenting,to see if I have room in the shroud.But it sounds like a good plan.I,ll keep in touch,and please do the same. Thanks Dennis
Old 02-25-2010, 08:52 AM
Rick Teskey

Hi Dennis
I tried too move my post too the aqua sub vector thread but was unable to do so .
Sorry for adding too your concept thread.
I like the new look seaview but still prefer your 8 window version but that is me.
What size seaview are you currently producing?
I know you did an 80 inch and a 57 inch and you 80 inch in scale ship modeler many years ago is what got me into subs.
What is the main hull dia. of the 57 incher? My 52 inch 8 window has a dia. of 4 inches so if the 57 ( if still in production) is close too that , maybe you want an 8 window bow too attach too the hull if compatiable.
Rick
Old 02-25-2010, 10:20 AM
airwalk

Hi Rick, At the moment im still at my little shop in the country.My larger shop is were the 57 inch one is.other wise I could take measurments for you.Im thinging around 5 inches across the main hull.I really like your 8 windrow seaviews! I always thought that the 8 windrow seaview scale looked bigger.I want to make the 8 windrow verson on this new concept II design.when I get the 4 windrow verson done.I think it would look good with this new head design.As far as making a 8 windrow verson for the 57 that would be fine with me. Im sure there are people out that would buy the converson kit for that model. If you want you could always start a forum to see if anyone would be interested?Just an idea. Did you get the moebious 8 windrow converson done? It really looked nice the last time I saw it.Great job!Well I better get back to work.darn cold here around 7 degrees above.Take care Dennis.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.