Notices
RC Submarines RC submarine discussions.

Seaview Concept II

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2010, 08:37 PM
jockdeboer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Seaview Concept II

On second thought, it might be interesting to do the RC version...
Old 06-14-2010, 01:27 AM
GKvfx

Consider me interested in a display kit. I can't wait to see Bill Creber's face when I show it to him............
Old 06-16-2010, 12:53 AM
airwalk

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

To answer some of the readers questions,Both the display and rc versions will be made out of aircraft epoxy fiberglass. Thanks Dennis.
Old 06-16-2010, 08:35 AM
SNOWTANK

Can't wait Airwalk. I am looking for the RC version. Figured it be cool to hunt down my Bismarck with it. [>:]
Old 07-08-2010, 07:27 AM
airwalk

Hi Guys, The new concept will be available in around one to weeks,The display will run around $275 plus shipping, or $475 for the rc verson plus shipping.We are going to run our business out of the springfield shop,so all orders will go to a new box number there. Also David merriman will be the first to do a build up on this new kit.So look for that.I,ll post the new address soon.Thanks guys! Dennis.
Old 07-08-2010, 08:17 AM
jockdeboer

Dennis, sounds great! Can you tell the less informed around here (me) what is the difference between the two versions? And about how much does it take to do an RC version? It sounds cool, but I have no idea where I would run in NYC... Jock
Old 07-12-2010, 07:04 PM
airwalk

Just got back from a small vacation. The difference between the display verson and the rc versonis: The display verson will have a lighter bottom hull.The rc verson will have the bottom hull layed up a little thicker,to surport the top hull.The rc verson will also have bulkheads to make the hull halves more strudy. Both versons will have a hollow sail. With movable diving planes on the sail. Also both versons will have the rear tail fins made to insall lights. also removable top decks. The only difference will be the hull halves,the rc will be made stronger with bulkheade to suport the rc equipment.A drop in WTC will be made special for this model by D&E miniatures. This will be a very nice and easy model to build and work on for the customer. I would like to have a interior kit to fit in the nose later on. Thanks for the questions Jock. If there are anyone else that have questions please let me know. untell later Dennis.
Old 07-14-2010, 05:55 AM
SNOWTANK

That's great news Airwalk! Hope you had a great vacation. I am leaving today for Vacation and heading to Holmes NY Camp Conron for the IRCWCC Nationals Competition(War)
Unfortunatly this Vacation has all just about killed my funding. However I am very interested in the RC conversion and look forward to getting that as a ..ahem .. Birthday Gift in Dec AS as way of treating myself if the GF doesn't get it for me.
Old 07-17-2010, 04:29 PM
airwalk

Just got the rear thruster housing molded last week.Hope to get the first kit out next week. Then hopefull get started on the eight windrow verson. Later Dennis.
Old 07-17-2010, 04:37 PM
jockdeboer

Dennis, how long will it take for the 8 window version?
Old 07-17-2010, 04:51 PM
airwalk

If everything goes good, hopefully in a couple of months.Dennis.
Old 07-22-2010, 02:09 PM
Aurora Revell

Dennis:

I've been a VTTBOTS fan since I watched it on TV in the 60s. Over the years I've collected Seaviews- from my first Aurora Seaview upto the recently released Moebius Pre-AssembledKit. Like I'm sure many of us have done, I've often wondered what a new model Seaview would look like (especially since I read on the net that there is some interest in doing a new Voyage movie- with Admiral Nelson being more like Capt Nemo, and Lee Crane being sent to stop him). I was surfing the net looking for Seaview stuff, and stumbled on your concept II.

It is in a word... phenomenal. It harkens back to the original, and not a detail looks out of place (unike the new Enterprise NCC-1701). But not only is the design great, but your finished product is, too. Absolutely breathtaking.

What I'd like to ask is:

1. Do you have a website set up for taking orders? I'm not really into R/C except for cheap model cars and boats (hope that's not heresy on an R/C board!), but I am into display models, and would be interested in one.

2. Does it come assembled and painted like in your photos? I haven't built a model in years- my skills are rusty.

I agree with those on here who say that if there is a new Voyage movie or TV series made, the producers should look no farther than your model! It truly belongs as the new Seaviewin the Fantasy Worlds of Irwin Allen.
Old 07-22-2010, 03:48 PM
jockdeboer

Check Dennis' website at www.deboerhulls.com

He has someone listed that can build it for you or Iam sure you can find someone here or elsewhere. PM me and I can point you in the right direction.
Old 07-22-2010, 10:09 PM
airwalk

We will be taking orders soon.We are going to post new pictures on our web site next week.Mr Merriman has the first kit waiting for him at the post office tomorrow.I know he wants to do a do a assemble story on his sud-diver web site soon. with a complete build of the boat and diving system.This should really help with the assemble for the customers. I have to make up instructions soon for the customers also.David Merriman is a well know builder of all kinds of models so I thought that instructions for him is not that big of issue. and thank you aurora-revell for the fine complements on the sub design.Im sure this is gettig execting for all of us voyage fans,after 40 some years of living the memorys of the show. I want to thank all of the readers fo you great support,and great complements.and will try to furnish you with a great product! Untell later thanks! Dennis De Boer.
Old 07-22-2010, 10:35 PM
U812

Dennis BTW your 57 inch Seaview turned out great for my customer! Great boat. You really captured it well! I also wrote a nice review on the boat for the next SCR.

Steve

and here's a little video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Pin0hviZI0
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Pin0hviZI0[/youtube]
Old 07-22-2010, 10:47 PM
airwalk

Beautifull boat steve!I just furnish the boat,Its the builders like you that makes the boat a work of art.Very well done.I really like the weathering that you done to the boat.It makes the boat more real! It also looks great in the water. Keep up the great work,and thanks for shearing the pictures! please keep in touch, Dennis.
Old 07-22-2010, 10:57 PM
U812

Dennis thank you. But you do the same. Great work and keep intouch!

Steve
Old 07-23-2010, 05:55 AM
jockdeboer

Dennis, can you post a link to Meriman's build when it gets started?  Steve, that is a terrific build! 
Old 07-23-2010, 07:44 AM
Aurora Revell

ORIGINAL: airwalk

We will be taking orders soon.We are going to post new pictures on our web site next week.Mr Merriman has the first kit waiting for him at the post office tomorrow.I know he wants to do a do a assemble story on his sud-diver web site soon. with a complete build of the boat and diving system.This should really help with the assemble for the customers. I have to make up instructions soon for the customers also.David Merriman is a well know builder of all kinds of models so I thought that instructions for him is not that big of issue. and thank you aurora-revell for the fine complements on the sub design.Im sure this is gettig execting for all of us voyage fans,after 40 some years of living the memorys of the show. I want to thank all of the readers fo you great support,and great complements.and will try to furnish you with a great product! Untell later thanks! Dennis De Boer.
It is very exciting. In fact, I've decided that I'll take a stab at building her myself. Although I will need advice on what type of paints and adhesives one needs!

Old 07-23-2010, 09:25 AM
airwalk

I,ll be sure to let you readers know when David starts to build the boat.I,ll list the link as soon as he gives it to me jockdeboer. This is going to be, Im sure ,a very easy and enjoyable build for the owners.Some times the word fiberglass scares some people,but fiberglass Epoxy is very easy to work with.For glues you can use 2 part Epoxy or super glue works fine to. Just lighty sand the areas first before applying the glues.Im sure you can build this boat easy Aurora-Revell. When you receive the model it will have a very shinney white gel-cote.It will look like a big vacume formed model,but a lot sronger!! and I will be here to help anyone who needs help.later Dennis.
Old 07-23-2010, 09:45 PM
airwalk

Hey guys, David just opened up the box and emailed me.He said he really likes the kit! He also said he will post the building of the sub on rc universe starting tomorrow night,for you guys to see. He will also do a assembly instruction manual to help out the builders. This should be a fun project! untell tomorrow Dennis.
Old 07-25-2010, 10:57 PM
airwalk

The Concept II build by mr meriman,can be found on; The sub drivers form. Go to David Merriman,s cadel report ETC. You will probbly have to register in to get access. Looks to be a interesting project. Ill post more pictures here also. Thanks Dennis.
Old 07-26-2010, 04:48 AM
jockdeboer

Can you post a link?  I have no idea where that is...
Old 07-26-2010, 09:24 AM
merriman

http://support.caswellplating.com/in...pcid=5&nav=0,5
Old 07-26-2010, 12:29 PM
airwalk

Thanks Dave for the help! Dennis.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.