Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Submarines
Reload this Page >

Lets hear about your Thunder Tiger Neptune SB-1.

Notices
RC Submarines RC submarine discussions.

Lets hear about your Thunder Tiger Neptune SB-1.

Old 09-28-2011, 08:11 AM
AQUASUB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Lets hear about your Thunder Tiger Neptune SB-1.

Have patience it will be fixed,check the cristals make sure there both the   same and  pluged in a clean sucket as corrotion offen gets in there.

Try also a new set if the above look good and no change,all I did was to install the antena in a more horizontal web and circular way as originaly done see the pics.Also check each and every servo if there is one bad it will behave like this as well.Check all radio connections.

Let me know your findings and will go from there Dave 
Old 09-28-2011, 08:24 AM
AQUASUB

Look at my previuse pictures for radio detail,not much different just spread out more .You can route the radio any way you like it makes no difference just as long as the reseption improves ,and tray to stay away from motors.
Old 09-28-2011, 01:35 PM
Buddy3000

Thanks. I disconnected both motors and had the same repsponse. I really think this is a Transmitter/Receiver issue. My next test is to totally isolate the receiver and drop it under water and see what the results are.
Old 10-05-2011, 07:29 PM
MT-Tank

I have also had good luck with my RTR sub to depths of fifteen feet in my local, clean, spring-fed lake. I used a line attached to sub and a sliding bobber to measure the depth. Still had control. The antenna is unchanged from the factory configuration, wrapped through the holes around the edge of the forward bulkhead, forming a ring.
Same sub acted badly in my pool, however: servo jitters, loss of throttle control and finally complete signal loss, all at a depth of three feet!
Why? Because while it is a fresh water pool, there is enough salt in it for the chlorine generator to function and that significantly absorbs the radio signal! It does not need to be a 'salt-water' pool in the sense of being the same salinity as sea water. Even if your pool uses NO salt it can have a very high TDS (total dissolved solids) that can quench the signal, especially if it is a concrete pool. You local pool supply store can test that for you.
See if there is another body of water you can test it in (with a tether attached!)

I hope it is as simple as that for you.

Paul
Old 12-11-2011, 07:14 AM
jim.peckham

Hi everyone.

I have recently my Neptune SB-1 submarine and have finally found the time and a suitable spot in the house to begin work on it to improve its features and performance.

I am looking forward to making a few modifications and changes to the basic model and I already have a few ideas down on paper which may or may not work as only time will tell and your much appreciated, and hopefully given, advice will assist me in completing these tasks.

My first question really is how do I upload pics to this site ? It asks me for a URL which I'm sure I don't have, isn't that something to do with a website or something ?

Jim
Old 04-07-2012, 05:18 AM
glenladen

G'day Jim and welcome,when you click on post reply and the message box comes up at the bottom you have two links you can click on.
One is called BETA and the other says click here to upload images and files (I use this one).
1. click on the click on here to upload images and files,this will bring up a multilpe upload box that says browse at the right hand end.
2.click on this and then select the file/folder on your PC to upload from (i'm assuming you using windows),then select the pic you want to upload.
3.click on save and it then should come up on the file upload box.
You can upload multiply pics doing this and then when your finished click on ok,just becareful of the size of each of the pic's as the uploader may time out.

I'm having problems with the endurance of my Tx battery,it goes flat after a couple of minutes regardless of how long the Tx has been on charge.
I'll be changing the the radio out for one that is legal in Oz as the one that came with mine isn't.
cheers,
glenn.
Old 04-25-2012, 01:39 PM
bryantomosivitch

My name is Bryan, i have been following this topic, and i just purchased a neptune rtr. I wanted to know am i going to have any problems, or what to look out for. I would really appreciate it.
Old 04-26-2012, 11:07 AM
AQUASUB

Hi I have extensive experiance with this  great sub as you can see in this topic and other ones I have posted.
The things you will incounter are 1 the sub does not last very long on a charge and the supplied charger is is not the right one unless they have shanged it.Another thing is that the radio although is very good has a strange problem ,it will discharge   its battery very fast ,but this happened after several years of use.The radio is a futaba unit.
So what I did was to install a 10 channel JR PCM radio that way I have much better reliability and flexability ,I have added a tillting 90 degree color Sharp mini fishey camarra just installed.
The Dive plains must be changed to a larger pair so that effective diveing can be made and is an easy fix.

The aft  horizontal fins are too big and act against the small dive plains , they must be trimed down like i did and made a huge difference!

Same for the larger prop and Kurt Knozel /rudder ,that realy made her turn much tighter.

So you can do these simple mods that make it much better ,but right out of the box the first 4 items should be done.
I also installed a much larger 5000 mah lead asid battery then to now the 2   ea 5700 mah units that gives tremenduse power and run time.

I also added dual prop bow thruster as sees in this  forum and now dual counter rotating simitar props !Lots of fun !! I will be postting the pictures in a new topic later.

Over all this sub is fantastic and what a great reliable sub its been for me and I have taken her very deep beyond 30 feet in cristal clear water in rivers  and cave springs ,hence all the mods ,I like long run times and plenty of enhancements

Check her out well on the first run should be good out of the box but later you will see what I  have and improvements you might want to make,have fun!!
Old 04-29-2012, 09:09 PM
bryantomosivitch

Can any one help me, I just bought this sub first the radio didn't work, I fixed that. Now I turn the sub on. The servos work, but the motor barely turns, and the pump wont turn on via radio. The status lights turn on, then shut's off. I tried charging with and without fuse, nothing. Then I used my digital charger for a few minutes and everything worked. But i don't know how many amps (or C) to charge at, and how many volts per cell for charging top off. You guys are the only people that could help me, Thank You.

Old 04-30-2012, 08:12 AM
AQUASUB

Hi Bryan it sounds like to me that the subs control board is not connected properly,go to the assembly / ownwers manual and check that all the connections are correct especialy the one to the pump or the pressure sensor,for it to shut down usualy means a bad connection or possible bad control board.
The battery should be charged with the right range of charger  of no more than an amp for that battery.

Sometimes the assemblers make mistakes especialy witha machine as complex as this one so have some patience and corect ant problems .

Also if you need to get parts there inexpensive ,like the controlboard 27.00 bucks at RC Warehouse or a bit more at Tower Hobbies,use the part #s to look up parts in the first website.

I  have had very good luck with mine right out of the box she was right on and ran like a swiss watch ,but I had to modify the hell out of it to get better performance and enhancements,but in its original form she is one great sub!!

Dave
Old 04-30-2012, 02:49 PM
bryantomosivitch

Thank you for taking the time to help me. I am charging battery with stock charger, and see where i get. Otherwise i am going have to rip it all apart. How long are your run times? You really put some time into your sub its really nice.
Old 04-30-2012, 05:41 PM
AQUASUB

Thanks Bryan ,yes I have put allot of time into her and will do even more later.
The stock charger if not changed from the one I had should not be used it just does not charge the battery enough but it might have change by now ,make sure it has fully charged with a voltmeter.
With the current lipos 2 ea. 5700 mah ,I get about 3.5 hours but i run allot in rivers with a good current and with bow thrusters and lighting exetra .But without the mods she would only give 25 to 30 minuts out of the box in a pool,so thats about what she will do..

Dave
Old 05-02-2012, 04:01 PM
bryantomosivitch

I think i firgured it out. The charger worked, and charged the battery to 12.5 volts. Now the charger doesnt work. So anyway i belive it is the charger. I have a hobbico 12v 600mah wall charger, that should work. For some reason my thunder power charger wont work, it says it will. But anyway she is sweat. Everything works, now i need to get her out for sea trials. I would like to paint her white soon, or put NMHI in her. Is this form not active anymore?
Old 05-04-2012, 04:53 PM
glenladen

G'day Bryan,my charger did the same thing so I now use my Swallow EQ charger and now get a full charge.
i've also changed my factory supplied radio for a different one because i couldn't get more than a few minutes usage before the Tx battery went flat.

cheers,
Glenn
Old 05-06-2012, 08:31 AM
AQUASUB

Greate to hear you found the prpblem ,I also found the stock charger bad ,I have long since replaced mine with a digital multione called the Brain .Then when I went with the 2/ 5700 mah Lipos I used the 2 ballance chargers from my Eflite eleictric chopper kits,much smaller units super easy to use and can even be mounted inside the sub! That way only 2 wires are needed to charge with 12 VDC going in.If I had just a bit more space in the sub I wuld have installed them.
So what Idid as to extend the Lipos charging cables so they can reach to the round fuse port quick open cap,there the cables plug into the 2 chargers.

It is strange that the radio goes bad in that way in a relativly short time or even out of the box ,it must be correected as its mostlikely a component malfunction ,I will find out some day.
I just finished installing and programing the OSD Pro or On Sceen Display from Eagletree Systems ,in no fewer words it is ASUME Captains! Complete real time display of every sytem peramiter and temperstures,depth read out in MM s ,motor temp and prop RPM ,battery percent remaining ,motors wattage since it reads from the main power supply to the ESC,Pack voltage ,thraghtle position in percent,and then to top it off individual texted notifications alarms like I inputed "LOWBATTERYGOBACKKTOBASE" when the lipos reach there low state at 4.8 per cell .All these readouts are clearly seen on sceen or not at will and with a remote meneue changing function 6 more pages of info can be displayed!I want to try GPS read outs next,who knows just how deep those signals might go ,but the host of data that it brings to one is incredible!
The OSD is only about 75.00 bucks and wow what it fun it IS!!

Have fun on sea trials she is a fun sub that hovers to a milimeter no sweat!
Chears
Dave
Old 05-16-2012, 10:48 AM
bbdave

Hi could someone tell me what the input voltage to the control pcb is please.

Dave
Old 05-16-2012, 03:29 PM
bryantomosivitch

you mean from battery to pcb, i know that battery fully charged should be 12.8v. otherwise if the voltage drops below 12v the safety system comes on, and the sub acts very weaird.
Old 05-16-2012, 05:22 PM
AQUASUB

I found that mine turns on the surface feature at around 8.5 volts,I have found also that there is an adjustment pot to increase or decrease the cut in voltage or trigger for the voltage monitoring system .It is  he green pot  just  bellow the 2 mini sensor plugs upper righthand corner of thee PCB.I am not sure yet if the PSI cut off for the pump is also affected so check that it is not affected,I just found this out so check that the pump turns off when it should or the bag can explode uupps!

I had to find the lower cut off point since I use now Lipos  to 7 or so volts which take a hell of a long time to get that low even with all the extra stuff on my sub not to mention dual motors!
If your getting wierd behavior at failsafe check each and every servo I had one bad servo with the 10 channels and corrected it right away.
Dave
Old 05-17-2012, 01:36 PM
bryantomosivitch

I was wondering, can you send me som pics of your sub, im interested to see what you got going on in that beast. I got it out for tersting and i got about 15 mins out of it, but i think its because i charged it and let it sit for awhile before use. I love it.
Old 05-24-2012, 12:05 AM
glenladen

G'day all,I tossed my supplied wall charger and use my Swallow EQ250 charger to charge the SLA and haven't had any problems with duration,I've also using the same charger to charge the Tx battery for the supplied radio and have found that the battery is holding it's charge for longer.
AQUASUB what did you use to enlarge your fore planes and how did you make them?.

So far the only mods I've done is fit the 6 Blade option to it and mount a gopro Hero HD camera to the front of it.

cheers,
Glenn.
Old 05-29-2012, 06:42 PM
AQUASUB

I used pvc sheet 1/8 inch thick ,to these dimentions and a slightly smaller diamitter stainless shaft inserted in a pree drilled hole and ca in place .

Old 06-02-2012, 12:00 AM
glenladen

g'day aquasub,thank's for that now I can get started on them.

cheers,
glenn.
Old 06-22-2012, 08:39 PM
bryantomosivitch

Hey guys,
 re"> I wanted to say the sub is great. Everybody was wright. I went through and try'd to fix the problems i had. Just to see if they could be fixed. People dont have charger's laying around and battery's. For the price, it should work. Anyway transmitter battery doesn't fit, and it didnt work. I checked battery. The wiring from battery cells was cheap, I replaced wire and it worked. I put a futaba battery in it. It fit perfect and worked. The charging plug on transmiter was bad. The wire from plug to cirqurit board on radio was bad. So try to charge it by pulling it out.
re"> The charger is garbage. Throw it wright out. I found out that the wire on charger is bad. Very very cheap wire. I couldn't pull it apart. if you can, then it could be fixed easily.
re">  So 2 stupid things, but a average person couldn't find out what the problem is. She is a great sub i love it. I would deff buy is again.
The myth about the sub in a pool is wright, she twitches alot and will loose signal about 2 feet down. I put it in a lake SHE WORK FLAWLESS. She went deep and worked perfect. I have alot of experiece with Rc planes, Rc trucks,Rc boats, Rc construction, Rc snow groomers. Primarly planes and snow groomers, Im starting to like this sub the best. O and put the camera system in it. Now i would like to put acceries on it. Sorry guys i can't spell or type.
   I will post pics, IF YOU HAVE PICS PLEASE POST THEM! please.
Old 06-23-2012, 12:10 AM
glenladen

g'day bryan,glad you've got it sorted and are enjoying your sub, I've thrown the charger out aswell for the same reason you've metioned.

cheers and enjoy.
glenn.
Old 06-29-2012, 03:44 AM
glenladen

I've been out with the sub lately at the local creeks.

http://s172.photobucket.com/albums/w...-04-2012-1.mp4

cheers,
Glenn.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.