Notices
RC Submarines RC submarine discussions.

How to make a BB waterproof?

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2010, 12:44 PM
BlueAngels

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to make a BB waterproof?

How would you make a bb gun waterproofso when you surface the sub, you will be able to shoot bbs?
Old 08-15-2010, 01:34 PM
pl_09

Default RE: How to make a BB waterproof?

Practically impossible in my opinion. Only way out is going for gas powered bb system & the marine battling groups probably will supply excellent info.
Old 08-26-2010, 01:05 PM
caswell

Default RE: How to make a BB waterproof?

ORIGINAL: BlueAngels

How would you make a bb gun waterproof so when you surface the sub, you will be able to shoot bbs?
You don't need to make the gun itself waterproof.

Pose your question [link=http://forum.sub-driver.com/showthread.php?36-Subs-in-Model-Warship-Combat]here[/link], as there are numerous members who are running warships in games where they blast each other's ship (made of balsa and fiberglass) with bb pellets. They will have plans for this. I have a couple of guns here somewhere, if only I could find them. The system is basically a tube filled with bb's, and a small valve actuated from the receiver which allows a short shot of Propel gas to fire the bb out. I doubt you could use this on the smaller models as the loss of weight as the bb's are expelled would upset the trim.

I doubt this would be problematic on 1:32 scale boats such as the MBD T Class or S Class, and as they are WWII, they have 3-4" guns which would be realistic.
Of course, these would not be to scale in the battleship wars, as they are all usually 1:144. Any model submarine sporting a gun would be out of scale for a 177 bb pellet. -UNLESS you went with the British M1 WWI submarine. You'd have to scratch build that as no-one has a master mold for one that small. I do have the M1 boat in 1:72