Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

HL KV-1 and PzKpfw IIIH are here.

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

HL KV-1 and PzKpfw IIIH are here.

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2010, 07:09 PM
Flyn Chris

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HL KV-1 and PzKpfw IIIH are here.

My other tanks came today, both the KV-1 and Pz IIIH were undamaged and everything works, except for a sound issue on the PzIII more further down, I haven’t tried the transmitter on either as I didn’t have enough AA batteries.

The KV-1 works great, everything worked as expected, the only issue is soft springs like the Jagdpanther except the KV lurches when starting and stopping, maybe just some stronger springs on the front and rear road wheels? Any suggestions would be helpful, I’m planning on getting Asiatam 3:1 gear boxes if available but will stick with the plastic tracks for now. The KV-1 has no molded on pioneer tools but the Russian tanks usually carry them, it does come with glue on radiator covers, not etched metal but nice anyway and towing cables. The over all look compares very favorably with my Tamiya KV-2, minus the metal machine guns and metal steps, the only real eyesore is the funky headlight on the HL.

The PzKpfw III Ausf H A.K.A. Tauchpanzer is a mean looking little tank, always been a favorite of mine. The suspension and track system all work great, it’s a little hot rod compared to it’s bigger brethren. The short barrel of the H model, and the KV-1 too for that matter, should make for a good airsoft shooter. Most of the pioneer tools are molded on but there are other parts that need to be added, such as the snorkel tubes, cables, jack and so on. Operationally it ran fine but I have a problem with the sound, the machine gun and main gun sounds are so quiet, that you can barely hear them over the engine sound, turning up the volume only increases the other sounds, not the guns sounds. Anyone have an idea of what would cause that, RX board? I did get the metal tracks, sprockets and idlers, $39, for the PzIII, I like it’s speed but would I be better off going with the 3:1 gear boxes with this one as well? Any other tips would be great, just remember that kids will be abusing, err I mean using these so I wouldn’t be doing much in the way detailing them.

Overall, I can see the progression as HL improved their tanks, and for the price, I think they are a great value.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn36405.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	55.6 KB
ID:	1500985   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ez82276.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	1500986   Click image for larger version

Name:	In26842.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	52.9 KB
ID:	1500987   Click image for larger version

Name:	Le92901.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	49.8 KB
ID:	1500988  
Old 09-14-2010, 07:16 PM
Panther F

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts
Default RE: HL KV-1 and PzKpfw IIIH are here.

AND why doesn't that KV-2 have any paint on it yet?

- Jeff
Old 09-14-2010, 07:41 PM
torpedochief

Jeff

What is a good color for the KVs

I picked up something that looked good in a bottle from POLLY S (Soviet Khaki) Looks green to me.

Don
Old 09-14-2010, 08:24 PM
tankmaster5001

Nice tank convoy...I have been wondering the same thing about the sound volume change becuase my panzer III (the ausf. l) has the same problem I just thought it was the way it was made so I don't know.
Old 09-14-2010, 09:53 PM
Flyn Chris

The Tamiya is almost an olive drab and the HL is a spruce green maybe, I think a color in the middle would make a good Soviet tank color. As to why I haven't painted it, I haven't painted a model in too many years for me to remember and I'm afraid I might really screw it up. I'm thinking about getting a 1:35 scale KV and practise on that first
Old 09-14-2010, 10:41 PM
204sailor

Flynn,It sounds like the wires that go to the m.g. and the cannon are wired to the incorrect terminal on the volume control. In other words, the volume
control tabs (usually three) go to !.audio input,2.center tap,3. low side through a resistor.If it happened to be that the m.g. was wired to the low side,
then you would get the effect that you`re describing,since it should be wired to the center tap which is the adjustable part of the circuit.Your sound section
of the mfu board is o.k. since you can vary those other sounds.

Charlie
Old 09-15-2010, 12:06 AM
HondoBob

Now all you need is a right proper Sherman!  Quicktime lad!
Old 09-15-2010, 05:21 AM
Flyn Chris

Thanks for the advice Charlie, I'll have to check in to that when I get back hoem in a couple of weeks.

Old 09-15-2010, 05:24 AM
Flyn Chris

ORIGINAL: HondoBob

Now all you need is a right proper Sherman! Quicktime lad!
That would be my next Tamiya project.
Old 09-15-2010, 09:58 AM
vano12

i am so jealous, after waiting for a few days I finally got my KV 1 only to find out they shipped me an IR, not airsoft version. Now I have to deal with returns and wait for the right version to be shipped, again!
Old 09-15-2010, 12:25 PM
dash69

My Kv-1 arrived with soft springs and jerky responses from tank. It is eractic in all operations. But it is beautiful and I am taking it down to chassis and just add what I want inside and out. After repairing the springs on my Bulldog I am ready for a new challenge. Go the metal coming and installing Elmod. I will post results.

Be well,

David
Old 09-15-2010, 12:37 PM
vano12

Sorry to hear that, I didn't even take mine out of the box to see how the metal upgrade is in terms of ride quality.I figure it's gonna be another 15 days or perhaps even longer by the time I get a response from raiden, ship it back, get a replacement, and able to finally crank up the engine.
Old 09-15-2010, 01:47 PM
tankmaster5001

My KV-1 worked perfectly out of the box from raidentech maybemy expierence was unusual.I am sorry to hear you guys had bad luck with them..good luck solving the problems
Old 09-15-2010, 02:52 PM
vano12

I talked to customer service and the guy told me the gun can actually shoot BB pellets, I just need to remove the lense from the barrel. Does anyone know how to do that?
Old 09-15-2010, 05:04 PM
BIGMIG

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: vano12

Sorry to hear that, I didn't even take mine out of the box to see how the metal upgrade is in terms of ride quality. I figure it's gonna be another 15 days or perhaps even longer by the time I get a response from raiden, ship it back, get a replacement, and able to finally crank up the engine.

You didn't even take it out of the "BOX"-????

Well I think if you would have you would disscover what you think is a IR tank is actually an "AIRSOFT TANK" with the orange safety plug in the end of the "Barrel"....................They are all shipped that way.

BIGMIG [:-]
Old 09-15-2010, 06:12 PM
vano12

I meant I didn't take it out of the styrofoam packing but obviously was able to get a look at the barrel and there was no orange plug, just a white piece for the IR. Also, no on/off switch in the hatch. It is indeed an IR model, the guy seemed to think it can do both, but based on Perry's response in the other thread I am inclined to believe that is not true, so I am stuck with IR unless I want to go through the return ordeal.
Old 09-15-2010, 07:36 PM
BIGMIG

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well glad to see in your other post what took place and sounds like things will work out for you.I kind of made a poor assumption that you may have seen the orange plug that is in the airsoft tanks when they are shipped and thought you may have thought it was IR.Had to be a big shock getting an IR tank from them when they don't sell the IR models in 1/16 scale. (or should i say they didn't in the past ).

May have been a big shock to them also..........

BIGMIG
Old 09-16-2010, 09:01 AM
vano12

Well, I am newbie but I could see something was wrong from the start when the check mark on the box indicated it was IR and then I found the IR piece and no BB pellets in the box.
Judging by people's feedback, I may want to swap to an VS air gun anyways, so will need to start looking for guides on how to get to the inside of the turret and get the job done. Incidentally, what is good place that sells VS tanks accessories, both raidentech and Mato seemed to lean heavily towards HL products.
Old 09-17-2010, 06:05 AM
snakestretcher52

I used Humbrol #102 matt enamel for the sprockets and idlers on my KV-1. It's an almost exact match with the body colour, maybe a tad warmer green
ORIGINAL: torpedochief

Jeff

What is a good color for the KVs

I picked up something that looked good in a bottle from POLLY S (Soviet Khaki) Looks green to me.

Don
Old 09-17-2010, 09:56 AM
dash69

Just to be clear my KV-1 came from Mato. Gift from son. In spite of issues I am pleased with condition of tank as I am going through it with improvements anyway. It has by far the best smoker I have ever used. If it lasts I will keep the smoker. Still thinking of the newer versions. Heard they are better. Love the looks of this tank. It get better everyday.

Jadpanther is in the future.

Newbies take courage I am one myself.

Be well,

David
Old 09-17-2010, 10:07 AM
vano12

I still haven't tried the smoker on mine, how much liquid did you put in? Everything else works fine, I haven't taken it out in the yard to try RC range but runs very well inside. A little too fast for my liking, still trying to get used to the RC.
Old 09-27-2010, 02:41 PM
Flyn Chris

Well I got my answer from MATO about the gun sound volume on the PZ III;

"In regards to your question about the Panzer III sound. We have had many like this. The fact is Heng Long does not actually produce the electronic boards, they out source them. So with each shipment they buy in bulk, and to those electronic boards and tanks -they will have a specific sound. The next order will be different and so on. We cannot guarantee the sound will all be the same-the problem is the production."

There are sending be a new muzzle for the Jagdpanther though.