Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Perfect Tiger I

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2010, 05:06 AM
Eggman1965
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Perfect Tiger I

You guys do realize that this is a joke thread, right? I mean twenty minutes with some camo spray bombs and viola! a new Tiger was born. I just wanted to lighten things up a bit after reading a heavy thread criticizing some guy's KT.

Old 10-12-2010, 05:36 AM
Green Amphibian

Yes, most of us do realize that, although I can't speak for everyone!
Old 10-12-2010, 06:13 AM
sevoblast

Received 54 Likes on 40 Posts

IT IS???
Old 10-12-2010, 06:17 AM
Eggman1965

I know, subtlety is my middle name
Old 10-12-2010, 06:38 AM
rivetcounter

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Funniest thing I have read for a while at least you are not claiming to be something you aren't, keep up the humor
Old 10-12-2010, 08:46 AM
karel47

glad to knew you eggman like your humor to, had you in touch with big tony also?
Old 10-12-2010, 10:09 AM
Panther F

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

GOOD ONE!

Just remember, the criticism will always exist even though they themselves never experience it. [sm=lol.gif]

- Jeff
Old 10-12-2010, 10:45 AM
Eggman1965

Constructive criticism is helpful especially when a modeller is trying to raise the bar on his skills. If, however, it's some novice excited about a new tank or mod then the criticism can get overwhelming even when it's meant well. Ipersonally need to pace myself. I've been looking at some wicked build threads and now I want to do a Tamiya KT but Imightg not be there yet in terms of skill and patience (or money ).
Old 10-12-2010, 11:11 AM
88mm

This tank deserves to be on the cover of Torpedochief's upcoming novel - TIGER!
Old 10-12-2010, 11:14 AM
Panther F

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

Yep, you'll get there. It takes a bit of time and perseverance. I know I need more practice too.

I was more talking about the ones who's own projects need to be corrected (blatantly bad too like paint runs) but they are the ones who go into wikipedia mode and tell us all about the vehicles history and what YOU left off.

- Jeff
Old 10-12-2010, 11:31 AM
karel47

yes its a good learning curve, when you go start with the king tiger,it will go if you persist you learn it quick, we to have to remake some items when failed them its no shame, you got expierence by doing it you'll see.
My sherman was the first one, you can do it also, even better i geuss (i hope not ) just enjoy it and its cheap to
Old 10-12-2010, 04:13 PM
HondoBob

ORIGINAL: Eggman1965

You guys do realize that this is a joke thread, right? I mean twenty minutes with some camo spray bombs and viola! a new Tiger was born. I just wanted to lighten things up a bit after reading a heavy thread criticizing some guy's KT.
This is a JOKE?!? I don't care; I'm still vigorously bowing to your tank's awesomeness!
Old 10-12-2010, 06:24 PM
Green Amphibian

On the serious side, the only way to get better at something is to do things you have never done before in that area. Don't get me wrong, you are going to make mistakes, I know I have and still do! There are those who have, those who will, and those who will again. We all learn more from our mistakes than our successes. That's why I'm so smart!.
Old 10-21-2010, 08:46 PM
DukeSedan

Ithought you were about to say that your Tiger was painted in the "Constructivist" style camo and almost spilled my beer. EVERYONE knows that Constructivism was an early 20th century RUSSIAN art style and would NEVERbe seen on a German tank unless it had been captured and re-painted. But now Irealize it is probably just in the Psuedo-constructivist style used on many German AFV's on the Eastern front to confuse Ruski's who would be looking for tanks in a Neo-classical style paint scheme (with strong greco-roman columns and often athletic nudes painted all over) or occasionally an elite unit in the Bauhaus style. I always laugh at these fools here who think that Impressionist camo is correct for early war german units when all they have to do is look at my Da-da inspired Tiger for a TRUE historical model.
Ok, Ihave ben drinking a little tonight...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo40662.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	724.8 KB
ID:	1520743  
Old 10-21-2010, 08:54 PM
Eggman1965

I thought I was achieving more of a cubist rendition, sort of a "Picasso meets Graffiti Artist" look.

Your tank BTW looks downright ugly and mean with those welds in the hull. I think it would scare the $4it out of any Sherman it came across.
Old 10-21-2010, 09:07 PM
Perry S.

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I thought this was one of those prepainted Tamiya threads. Are you sure it is 1/16 scale? It only looks about 4 inches long on my screen.

Perry
Old 10-21-2010, 09:11 PM
Chow_Hound

One of the things I have noticed about camo patterns used by the Germans is that no two are the same. IMHO I think each crew were given leeway as to how a specific color requirement was to be applied. JFMO that is. Can anyone confirm this belief or am I way off?
Old 10-22-2010, 06:33 PM
DukeSedan

In most of the literature Ihave read it appears that most German tank crews were supplied (at least later in the war) with cans of paint base in three colours, dark yellow (which was also the factory finish coat), dark green and reddish-brown. The idea seems to be that cammo patterns could be easily changed to suit immediate surroundings without going back to base to be repainted by engineers. So in the field a tank would be painted (or not) free hand ( I have read that many German tanks had spray guns and compressors as regular equipement but it was not used by all crews) by the crew based on local unit commander's guide-lines. Also the paint base itself could be mixed with various mediums including water and petrol (the petrol would provide a better lasting finishbut be used less I'm sure as it was more important to have your tank gassed up than painted up pretty) producing differing colours. SO most German tanks would have free-hand cammo patterns in hand mixed paint colours.
Anyone else can jump in here and correct any wrong or mis-leading statements I have made, or better yet expand on some of my vague points! Iam but an amateur historian of the early surrealist cammo painters!