Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

(Soliciting ) for people to join a new RC website??

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

(Soliciting ) for people to join a new RC website??

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2011, 09:00 AM
strmnd54

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: (Soliciting ) for people to join a new RC website??

Now I'm not the type of person to pick on another individual on a public forum like this one ; but there's something that has bug me for a while about the way Sgt Pearce presented himself in here...
First , here's a definition of " sergeant " in the canadian forces ; according to Wikipedia :
Sergeant (Sgt) (French: sergent or sgt) is an Army or Air Force non-commissioned officer (NCO) rank of the Canadian Forces. Its Naval equivalent is Petty Officer 2nd Class (PO2) (French: maître de 2e classe or m2). It is senior to the appointment of Master Corporal (MCpl) and its equivalent naval appointment, Master Seaman (MS), and junior to Warrant Officer (WO) and its naval equivalent, Petty Officer 1st Class (PO1). Sgts and PO2s together make up the cadre of senior non-commissioned officers (Sr NCOs).
I'm raising the issue because my oldest son , now 31 years old ; has been a " land weapons technician " for the canadian forces for more than 10 years ...
My son is now stationed in Edmonton with the rank of " Master Corporal " and is due to be promoted " Sergeant " this spring if , ( like he says himself ) he doesn"t screw up big time meanwhile ...
Furthermore , my son's wages are such that he doesn't need to beg for parts to sustain his hobbies ....
So you guys can draw your own conclusions about SgtPearce ....
Old 03-10-2011, 10:34 AM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Has anybody received any emails from him sent through RCU in the last couple of days?? We've closed out his account (he can't send email through RCU without logging in) and blocked his IP address. That was a couple of days ago, so we need to know if anybody has had any emails since then

Ken
Old 03-10-2011, 10:37 AM
Oracus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ken

Last email I got was 2days ago on March 8
Old 03-10-2011, 10:40 AM
Oracus

ORIGINAL: strmnd54

Now I'm not the type of person to pick on another individual on a public forum like this one ; but there's something that has bug me for a while about the way Sgt Pearce presented himself in here...
First , here's a definition of '' sergeant '' in the canadian forces ; according to Wikipedia :
Sergeant (Sgt) (French: sergent or sgt) is an Army or Air Force non-commissioned officer (NCO) rank of the Canadian Forces. Its Naval equivalent is Petty Officer 2nd Class (PO2) (French: maître de 2e classe or m2). It is senior to the appointment of Master Corporal (MCpl) and its equivalent naval appointment, Master Seaman (MS), and junior to Warrant Officer (WO) and its naval equivalent, Petty Officer 1st Class (PO1). Sgts and PO2s together make up the cadre of senior non-commissioned officers (Sr NCOs).
I'm raising the issue because my oldest son , now 31 years old ; has been a '' land weapons technician '' for the canadian forces for more than 10 years ...
My son is now stationed in Edmonton with the rank of '' Master Corporal '' and is due to be promoted '' Sergeant '' this spring if , ( like he says himself ) he doesn''t screw up big time meanwhile ...
Furthermore , my son's wages are such that he doesn't need to beg for parts to sustain his hobbies ....
So you guys can draw your own conclusions about SgtPearce ....
From what I remember (his very 1st few post)he was kid in something equivalent to our ROTC. But I agree he make us real soldiers and retired soldiers look bad.
Old 03-10-2011, 10:41 AM
sevoblast

Received 54 Likes on 40 Posts

Thanks, Ken. Much appreciated. I blocked his emails about 5 mikes after receiving his solicitation, so even if he tried, it won't go through. Again, thanks for getting that troll off of here.
Old 03-10-2011, 11:14 AM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

ORIGINAL: Oracus

Ken

That's just about the time we banned him. Anybody with any mails since then??

Ken
Old 03-10-2011, 01:50 PM
moonshadow5739

I got one yesterday with the header "Were back!"..I deleted it....
Old 03-10-2011, 02:11 PM
I-fly-any-and-all
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ITS MORE THAN rcuniverse! I use a separate email for rc scale builder and he got my email too
Old 03-10-2011, 02:14 PM
bubbajoexx

ORIGINAL: RCKen

Has anybody received any emails from him sent through RCU in the last couple of days?? We've closed out his account (he can't send email through RCU without logging in) and blocked his IP address. That was a couple of days ago, so we need to know if anybody has had any emails since then

Ken

Thank You Very Much
Old 03-10-2011, 03:33 PM
yellowshaker

Shame that we cannot have our little hobby with only good folks involved...first that other clown came here trying to play games, and now this guy...Well, at least he is history from here now!
Old 03-10-2011, 05:42 PM
srt10
My Feedback: (20)

ORIGINAL: Oracus

Ken

That's just about the time we banned him. Anybody with any mails since then??

Ken
I need to check when the last one came through to me
Old 03-10-2011, 06:01 PM
FLAPHappy
My Feedback: (209)

It get worse than that. There is a known hacker having fun with this website. See Forums with website problems. It tells it all. No they don't know how to fix it,, since they converted to a new server in October 2010, this site is plagued with Virus and hackers beyond their ability to correct it. It only took them 6 months, almost exactly, to get the Market place fixed,Now all of this B.S. So just close your account and screw them. That's exactly what they are submitting us to.
Old 03-10-2011, 06:58 PM
LargeScale88

ORIGINAL: FLAPHappy

It get worse than that. There is a known hacker having fun with this website. See Forums with website problems. It tells it all. No they don't know how to fix it,, since they converted to a new server in October 2010, this site is plagued with Virus and hackers beyond their ability to correct it. It only took them 6 months, almost exactly, to get the Market place fixed,Now all of this B.S. So just close your account and screw them. That's exactly what they are submitting us to.
So is that why everytime someone comes to this webpage, a virus protector pops up?

Why do people have to ruin everything for this hobby. Were only out to have fun. On top of government, hackers, ect, its becoming a nightmare to be on RCU.

Jason
Old 03-10-2011, 07:29 PM
BIGMIG

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just wondering of all the topics posted here in the tank forums how the last two posts are from fly-guys who seem to spend most of their time posting in the airplane section??? It's a free world,but seems funny you found this topic and decided to comment on it.?

BIGMIG
Old 03-10-2011, 08:29 PM
lopflyers
My Feedback: (12)

It is in the front page as one of the most comments.
Plus us plane people, have being invited to this new website too
Old 03-10-2011, 08:54 PM
BIGMIG

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OK,that makes sense. Guess i need to expand my horizons and look around RCU a bit more.Kind of get lost here in this little world we live in here on the tank forum.

BIGMIG

P,S. Didn't know we were being exposed to the rest of the world when we post here.
Old 03-10-2011, 09:24 PM
yellowshaker

just goes to show that there are bad apples everywhere you go...just have to throw them away and move on.

Old 03-10-2011, 10:05 PM
sevoblast

Received 54 Likes on 40 Posts

I think his entire line was bovine scatology, like the other troll who came here, started as Jagdtiger and morphed in to Obessivetanker etc. I think both are mid '30's idiots who have some serious emotional problems, and that's putting it mildly.

And you will notice I said 'problem', not 'issue'. An 'issue' is what you get at the supply depot. A problem is what you get when you have some young recruit who can't learn the difference between 'squeeze' and 'jerk' when it comes to the Operational Commencement Device on your weapon. That's PC for 'trigger'.

Yeah, I know. I'm a dinosaur.
Old 03-10-2011, 10:19 PM
yellowshaker

ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's rolling on the floor laughing!!!!!!!!!! and a bit of sarcasm...
Old 03-10-2011, 10:26 PM
candycab

Off topic a bit here but it might ease the mind of some who aren't PC tech junkies 

From what Ive gathered I wouldn't worry too much about getting a true virus from just browsing any web site. Over the last few years all of the anti virus people have deemed almost any script they haven't approved is considered a virus. Its no coincidence they started doing this when anti spy ware apps became a common tool. It pays to be vigilant but the reality is 999 times out of 1000 these aren't viruses and they don't damage registries and are browser hijackers at best.  Not saying it cant happen its just unlikely. 

They also decided that just about any program with a compiler in it be it commercial or otherwise [Blind Wright is a good example] is a virus as well so heed their warnings but confirm weather its actually a virus or not before panicking   A great tool for checking and removing rogue scripts etc is a free app called "Hi-Jack This". Very easy to find and use and there are tons of support sites to help you along if you need it.

Old 03-11-2011, 05:34 AM
ka9fax

Ken
Hi Ken,
My email was also 2days ago on March 8
Tony
Old 03-11-2011, 06:21 AM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks Ken for looking after this.

Hello to all who are browsing into the tank forum from other places. Stop in, read a few threads, and see some of the tanks. You can get your feet wet for for under $160.00, and the modeling possibilites are endless. Maybe you want a tank to put on the shelf.

How can buying One tank hurt you.?????
Old 03-11-2011, 06:30 AM
ka9fax

YHR,
im a plane guy but a few weeks ago i did just that...really interesting. but im lost, and do not know were to start, but looking at some pics, i think it would be cool to have one.[8D]
Tony
Old 03-11-2011, 06:53 AM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well this is the right place to start asking questions. I would encourage you to look through some threads, and get yourself informed. When you start having some specific questions, don't hesitate to ask.
Old 03-11-2011, 06:56 AM
ka9fax

About 5 times a week i check the TOP 15 Most Active Threads Last 24hrs in Forums. and click on the ones most helpful or interesting to me. so happens there was a tank thread with alot of great pics. Then i thought how great it would be to terrorize the family with one and give the micro helli a break. lol.
Tony

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.