Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

RC Command battle system

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2011, 07:29 AM
kclank

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RC Command battle system

"without regard to rather this was or was not a rip off of Darkith's work" does anyone have info on some sort of follow on production of RCCommand's battle system by anyone? Perhaps Darkith could reclaim it.

This is not to start a cat fight so let's not get into the weeds. i sort of liked a couple of features of the RC Command unit such as the modded "apple" and an attractive price for a basic system, so continuation, with appropriate recondition for the the inventor, would be a good thing IMHO.
Old 04-22-2011, 08:01 AM
HondoBob

Default RE: RC Command battle system

Since RC Command is history (a.k.a. "a thing of the past"), everything and anything involving them is entirely moot. Perhaps we can discuss the socio-economic motivations for the PeloponnesianWar? My friend Bernie told me that he thought the Peloponnesian League, led by Sparta against Athens, was actually . . .
Old 04-22-2011, 08:16 AM
pattoncommander

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Had Sparta used his tanks more effectively to sink the Trirenes earlier , they would not have needed Persia's help.
Old 04-22-2011, 08:50 AM
HondoBob

Didn't the Triremes of the day have armor piercing prows? Sure they were just bronze, but they were the shaped charge of their day. Then there's the whole bronze/leather composite platearmor systemswhich were the height of soldierly fashion . . .
Old 04-22-2011, 10:19 AM
kclank

thank you for your deeply considered replies HB, PC and. sevo i am sure after the 15 minutes of hard thought, that you gave my musings you had no problems coming to these respectful conclusions. I had hoped that whoever had made the RC Command BUs had considered continuing. Or that Bob from RC Command had possibly sold or traded the design, or someone may be considering a continuance without being a RC Command product. but your responses were so much more appropriate and in the future I will be sure to elicit your considered opinion or make a equivalent response to your thoughts or questions.
Old 04-22-2011, 10:27 AM
Green Amphibian

Well spoken. On both sides! LOL
Old 04-22-2011, 10:31 AM
sevoblast

Received 54 Likes on 40 Posts

While I have no problem with your thoughts on the purloined battle system, my main concern is what, if any, high laced combat boots or other footwear did the Spartans actually wear? And if they did wear high laced combat boots, were they worn over or under the grieves? If they wore short laced boots, how did they hold the upper part of the boot together, since short laces would not reach to the top? And on the question of grieves.....
Old 04-22-2011, 10:41 AM
kclank

You know i had posted a serious question but if this forum is going to denegrate into a quip draw contest i do not need to spend anymore time here. bye-bye fun guys!
Old 04-22-2011, 10:42 AM
Rex Ross

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

ORIGINAL: Green Amphibian

Well spoken. On both sides! LOL
~~~~~~~~~~

I agree.

Now, lets' all go outside and play nice........no hitting!

I love this forum!
Old 04-22-2011, 12:09 PM
HondoBob

ORIGINAL: kclank

You know i had posted a serious question but if this forum is going to denegrate into a quip draw contest i do not need to spend anymore time here. bye-bye fun guys!

You're a stand up guy for taking a bit of ribbing all in fun. We love ya man! Concerning RC Command's battle unit, I guess it depends if he applied for a patent or not. At the very least the design will likely be protected by copywrite as intellectual property. Whether his system was derivative of another system would likely need to be settled in civil court, which is an onerous and expensive prospect at best. While his battle system may have several merits, I personally think the efforts of others to independently pursue their own design concepts would likely be more profitable . . . and defensible if the shadow of RC Command should arise to seek litigation.

Just my two cents worth. Keep up the luv dude!

P.S. Sevo- Concerning Spartan footwear, I suspect a cultural analysis of their combat paradigms might suggest their boots and/or leggings may well have been held in place by the driedtears of their vanquished foes . . . which we all know adheres like CA glue to skin. At least mine does!

Old 04-22-2011, 01:44 PM
pattoncommander

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What is life without humor Seem to be quite a few on the web interested in history. just wait 'til I bring in my Hannibal Tank with DBU installed in the trunk.
Old 04-22-2011, 03:05 PM
kclank

HB, You just spent a whole lot of useless and empty words to say that you don't know the answer. If you narrow the bone density between your ears and wipe off the grease on your tongue you just might consider not saying anything. Anyone who hails from a town named after a bovine breed probably does not have much other entrainment, but try marbles, not intelligent discourse. I do not know, or really care, if you are 14 or 40 but your answers bespeak of untrained and undisciplined youth. I respectfully request you start your own humor thread and stay off of mine.

PC I am really disappointed in you. I thought you were an adult. We have enough juveniles on this forum and IMHO we do not need more. This is not abut humor it is about hijacking a thread where some information was requested. Like the man from cow-ville you did not have a real answer so you went off on dirt road. Recover your former self.

Sevo-W-T-F?
Old 04-22-2011, 03:47 PM
dyeager535
My Feedback: (1)

Wasted time.
Old 04-22-2011, 03:52 PM
kclank

no, just not focusing in on the basic question. "does anyone have info on some sort of follow on production of RCCommand's battle system by anyone? " I couldn't care less about RC Command just was mildly interested if anyone could/should/would continue to produce the "Battle system product". I give up!!!
Old 04-22-2011, 04:01 PM
dyeager535

Apparently not enough for you.
Old 04-22-2011, 04:39 PM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The RCC command system is Dead, Darkiths system is still avialable, and you can buy low cast USB digital sound cards to spruce up Darkiths system. Maybe Darkith will feel like working on his again.
Old 04-22-2011, 04:41 PM
mergen

These guys must have had stock in RCCommand and are to embaresed to give an ansewer. I was told to shut up in same manner.
Old 04-22-2011, 05:59 PM
bowlman

Received 85 Likes on 69 Posts

Or they could of got burnt and lost a lot of cash .

Jimmy
Old 04-22-2011, 06:08 PM
mergen

Thats what I ment by ownning stock. We have names for guys like them in Washington, I,ll leave it to them to figure it out, take your pick guys.
Old 04-22-2011, 06:10 PM
mergen

And if you notice when they are confronted they go off line.
Old 04-22-2011, 06:16 PM
yellowshaker

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The rcc unit is no longer available. As stated, the DBU sold by darkith or rctankwars is what everyone uses. Why argue about a couple of jokes, especially where the vendor is now out of the market?

Old 04-22-2011, 06:23 PM
mergen

That wasent the point.
Old 04-22-2011, 06:30 PM
Airbrushler

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

ORIGINAL: pattoncommander

What is life without humor Seem to be quite a few on the web interested in history. just wait 'til I bring in my Hannibal Tank with DBU installed in the trunk.

Pattoncommander do you have any pics of your tanks
would really like to see them i'm hoping to get a KV-1 soon but i keep changing my mind...lol
Old 04-22-2011, 06:31 PM
yellowshaker

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: mergen

That wasent the point.
Ok? So, what was the point?
Old 04-22-2011, 06:38 PM
mergen

The man asked a question, none of them had a answer, so they went off with there dumb stories,It seems all you have to do is say the word RCComand and every body knee jerks. We all know they are **** up,

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.