Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Tamiya Panzer IV $399

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2011, 09:23 PM
maintcoder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Tamiya Panzer IV $399

My refund was processed last Friday and posted to my account on Monday.
Old 06-14-2011, 09:37 PM
sevoblast

Received 54 Likes on 40 Posts

Very happy to hear about that. I do hope AH comes out of this and continues on in the hobby, albeit somewhat wiser from the experience.
Sev
Old 06-17-2011, 04:16 AM
ruggie

ORIGINAL: ruggie

hi guys ,
i ordered a kit from AH, near a month ago now , i was told he had the tank right in front off him , ,payed for and was ??? shipped the next day,
after a week had passed no sign of it, rang AH was told it was sent , hahaha, ,
then found AH didn't have them at all , and was told so many lies and stories like some many others have ,
requested refund with dead lines two times , none of witch have been meet , just constant lies and stories ,

issue is now being worked on and will be all resolved soon,
it has been a rough road for all, with lots learned,
from unfortunate mistake's,
Old 06-17-2011, 03:06 PM
Panther G

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Personally I don't think that the guy can be trusted in any way or form with the way he has handled all of this. it is a real shame and he probably got screwed
 but you just don't do the things he did while trying to cover his ass in the process. We don't need any more unreputable dealers. had enough of those over the years. sorry but that is the way i see it. And i did see it from both ends with good people making bad decisions.
Old 06-17-2011, 03:50 PM
Airbrushler

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

i never ordered one but i think if i did i would be wanting what was promised
refund who cares i'd be wanting something extra for putting me out for so long people have enough to deal with everyday we don't need more to deal with i didn't get screwed but i'm just upset that some good people did

Old 06-17-2011, 05:08 PM
TigerTankMan

Ihave been promised half a refund this week and the other halfnext week.

Meanwhile - he has now listed the tanks "he could not supply me" as in stock and ready for sale again.
This time from Tamiya themselves. Idon't know why he can't send me the tanks that he has 'In Stock' now.
Old 06-17-2011, 11:29 PM
Panther G

Tamiya may have pulled hid merchants license to sell their product. It happens. They will simply not send him kits to sell.
Old 06-21-2011, 03:22 AM
Tiger1man

Hi Guy's,

Just a short line to let you all know that to this date, I am still waiting for some form of settlement in the shape of two Tamiya's or a Refund.
This has been a hard lesson learnt. will be shopping Offshore from now on. MORE RELIABLE!!!
Old 06-21-2011, 03:53 AM
no12skyline

Mate, you could well jump into your car and take a drive up to his registered business address demanding your refund. I could imagine that a large chunk of his reluctance to refund is because many of his customers are too far to do anything other than write angry emails or raise a Paypal dispute.

Regardless of what you choose to do, I wish you good luck getting your money back.
Old 06-21-2011, 03:27 PM
Airbrushler

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

i don't think i will be buying anything from these guys when i first got into the tanks i seen their site and thought hmmm looks very cool nice tanks and parts to choose from, but now not one dime will go to these guys he has tanks there i think he should deliver on the price and the promise hope all you guys make out ok on this it really bothers me to see all of you in this situation
Old 06-21-2011, 08:24 PM
Achtung T Shirt

I saw this thread and thought it was about time to buy my first RC Panzer but then I read until the last thread.  Oh well, I guess I'll have to save up a bit longer. 
Old 06-21-2011, 09:05 PM
yellowshaker
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: Achtung T Shirt

I saw this thread and thought it was about time to buy my first RC Panzer but then I read until the last thread. Oh well, I guess I'll have to save up a bit longer.
There are many reputable places to buy an rc tank. Phil at rctankwars is one for the HL and Mato series and Tamiya can be bought from Karen at the AAF tank museum. You will have no problems with either one...just depneds on what tank you are looking to buy.
Old 06-21-2011, 11:51 PM
Tiger1man

Hi yellowshaker,

Yeah we in Australia have been going through Hobby Summit in Hong Kong (Patrick) as he is very competitive.

We order and we generally receive the Tamiya Tank in 3-4 days shipped by EMS.

Anything like this from the USA gets repacked into a smaller box due to US International Post Ruling.

Your guy's Dave4what is comparable to Hobby Summit for pricing.
Old 06-22-2011, 03:33 AM
Devildog0341Va

Tiger1Man

I hope everything works out, when I seen that price it was one of them it looks to good to be true deal but I almost pulled the trigger onthe panzer. Like Shaker said, Karen and Natasha from the AAF tank Museum is the place to go for tamyia tank. The customer service is AAA+ I have heard of people dealing with Dave4what and have heard of zero complaints. Like someone else said they had some other items on there i was interested in but for now I will stick with my main sources here in the us. My take with any business is if your honest and things fall through just let me know. Dont tell stories or half truths. I understand S@%t happens. If your honest about it people are really forgiving.

Jim

<script type="text/javascript">titleAndStar(11,100,0,false,"","")</script>
Old 06-22-2011, 01:43 PM
TigerTankMan

So i did get HALF my refund this week so far - he has told us that we will be getting the other half this week also.
It will be 7 weeks tomorrow! Maybei can finally get my birthday present soon!
AAF here i come...
Old 06-29-2011, 03:35 PM
rareplastic

While great deals do come up from time to time, the old saying "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is" seems to ring true much more often than those elusive unbeleivable deals do. I'm glad you were able to get your money back, albeit weeks afterwards, but at least you DID get it back. I can say that any 1/16 Full Option Tamiya tank kit that is selling for under $500 with the exception of the Sherman is being sold at a loss to the seller. Best bet to get a real deal at a sub-$500 price is to wait and find a seller who bought the kit and then changed his/her mind and wants to dump it. They are usually willing to sell at a loss just to get some of their $$$ back out of it. I don't think you'll ever see any legitimate dealer selling these kits below the $500 mark as it costs them more than that to buy it from their suppliers.

Make sure when purchasing such an expensive product that you get it from a legitimate dealer with a known track record of good customer service. Sellers who work hard to keep their reputations shine are always willing to go that extra mile to make sure their customers are satisfied with their services and products.
Dave
Old 06-29-2011, 05:32 PM
yellowshaker
My Feedback: (1)

Sorry to hear of this. I know it sucks to wait for something...and worse when it never arrives.
You will have it inno time buying from AAF.
Old 06-30-2011, 11:17 PM
ruggie

my issue is now all resolved and is history and forgotten ,
Old 07-01-2011, 02:06 AM
TigerTankMan

I'm happy for you ruggie. Glad you can forget!

Iam STILLWAITINGon the OTHERHALFof my REFUND.
That was promised last week and here i am STILLWAITING for this.

It will be 2 months next Friday.
2 MONTHS!!!!!!!!

Meanwhile he is somehow selling the tanks that he couldn't supply to me... ***!!!
Old 07-01-2011, 05:37 AM
WhiteWolf McBride
My Feedback: (3)

TTM:

Have you tried contacting the authorities in Auz? If he's taken money for what amounts to a 'mail-order' process, its MAIL FRAUD. Here in Canada we have a special division of the RCMP that deals with this... canna remember the name at the mo. Report them ~regardless~ of whether they send ya the fraakin' refund. The cops can usually shut 'em down, but it takes complaints to do it.

Barring that, find ALL the R/C sites ya can, ~regardless~ of country, and POST LIKE HELL. Reference the thread here - when its protecting the hobby, mods are quite lenient about links to other forums.

This is a prime example:

Ken Myers out in Texas was scammin' the heck out of people for plastic model kits. I almost got took a while back when he supposedly was gettin' in to Tamiya 1/16's... 'til someone pointed me at the scam-thread that was on Armorama. So I demanded pics, he stopped replying. From what I understand, he's banned from ~all~ the Texas R/C tank events (if not more than just Texas & tanks, ask Dan Vreeland), under multiple alias's. Seems RCTankHQ has as much trouble weeding him out as the mods here have of weeding out Tom Zhang's!

Get the warnings out... Mebbe someone should change the header on the thread to Scam Alert: (company name here)

And wish ya luck, know what its like to be scammed. Guy in Brit Isles dumped his PayPal and ran with 100 euro of mine... after agreeing to help me to secure a rare kit from Germany. SO not kosher.

WhiteWolf
Old 07-01-2011, 11:50 AM
Panther G

Half my ASS. Get me my tank or give me back ALL MY MONEY. It does not get any simpler than that. You guys need to report this guy to your version of the Better business.Beuro.
Old 07-01-2011, 02:37 PM
Tiger1man

Hi! Guy's just letting everyone know thatpeople have been refunded.
Old 07-01-2011, 03:34 PM
TigerTankMan

ORIGINAL: Tiger1man

Hi! Guy's just letting everyone know thatpeople have been refunded.
Dont get me wrong that is great news

He must have some sort of priority system then.
Imust be low on that list.

Has anyone that has been refunded noticed he is selling these tanks (albeit at higher prices than i paid) and is taking photo's of his stock to show everyone he has them

Iam sorry for sounding so negative but it is very frustrating.
TigerTankMan

Old 07-12-2011, 07:27 PM
Tiger1man

Thankyou for your Refund.

I can now get my "BIRTHDAY PRESENT"
from HOBBY SUMMIT IN 4 DAYS NOT THE 112 DAYS IT TOOK TO GET A REFUND, AND NO PRODUCT.
Old 07-14-2011, 01:25 PM
TigerTankMan

Thought i would just let everyone know that i have finally been refunded my other half now also.
A total of 9 weeks and 5 days from the initial date of purchase.

Please be very wary of this online retailer.

He handled so many things wrong in regards to customer service ( which apparently he prides himself on).

Thanks
TigerTankMan

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.