Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Next project T25 (Pershing)

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Next project T25 (Pershing)

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2011, 01:20 PM
wright 971

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Next project T25 (Pershing)

Hi After Converting My Sherman to VVSS ,which left me with the suspension,so a photo of a early Pershing with HVSS suspension Cant resist it have to give it a go,Might also do a T23 and a T23 E3 ,One question which turret is on the T23(last photo).The T23 E3 is an easy one to do Use the Mato Sherman turret on a Standard Pershing lower.

regards pete
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	rp42727.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	34.8 KB
ID:	1628948   Click image for larger version

Name:	om32861.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	42.0 KB
ID:	1628949   Click image for larger version

Name:	bw70979.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	35.6 KB
ID:	1628950  
Old 06-28-2011, 03:32 PM
pattoncommander

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Next project T25 (Pershing)

It'd be a neat developement tank. The interim test tanks used a variety of turrets, generally based on the Sherman. The back deck may be a problem and you'll have to scratch make a lot of areas.... Dick Hunnicutt's Pershing should give you all the tech data you need. Good luck and keep it posted.
Old 06-28-2011, 06:08 PM
edoubleaz
My Feedback: (1)

Received 65 Likes on 43 Posts

I was working on one myself a few years back. Lost my way though..... Maybe inspiration will bring me back......

http://desertarmor.com/DAK_PROJECTS/...Prototype.html
Old 06-28-2011, 06:22 PM
Panther G

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The Pershing really looks good with the T-23 turret.
Old 06-28-2011, 06:55 PM
Rex Ross

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

ORIGINAL: edoubleaz

I was working on one myself a few years back. Lost my way though..... Maybe inspiration will bring me back......

http://desertarmor.com/DAK_PROJECTS/...Prototype.html
~~~~~~~~~

Ya gotta finish it!!!!!!!!!!! From what I can see you have passed the point of no return.
Old 06-29-2011, 02:36 AM
Panther F

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

I remember that one Ethan and I can't recall why you stopped on it. Heck, after all all the hard work placing the HVSS on a Pershing hull it's screaming to be finished, which doesn't look like there is much left to do.

I about pulled all my hair out with the VVSS install on this Sherman Tamiya hull I'm working on ... I wonder if it would be easier for the Pershing hull? I had planned many Tamiya VVSS projects but after this one I have rethought that.

- Jeff
Old 06-29-2011, 06:00 AM
HAL_HUSKER

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

ORIGINAL: wright 971

The T23 E3 is an easy one to do Use the Mato Sherman turret on a Standard Pershing lower.
vey cool project... but Idoubt that it was a standard lower, at least tracks are different...
Could I ask you you could provide more photos of this type?
Old 06-29-2011, 06:52 AM
edoubleaz
My Feedback: (1)

Received 65 Likes on 43 Posts

To be honest, I stopped working on it in 2007 after a fellow club president voiced concerns over "Paper Panzers being used in RC combat." I had many more projects to keep me busy so back on the shelf it went. The humor is, as leader of my own club, I can do what I want and this might be the time to dust it off.....

Need Pershing electronics and other innards but still doable.

5 other tanks are on the bench in front of it.......

[quote]ORIGINAL: Panther F

I remember that one Ethan and I can't recall why you stopped on it. Heck, after all all the hard work placing the HVSS on a Pershing hull it's screaming to be finished, which doesn't look like there is much left to do.

Old 06-29-2011, 09:05 AM
wright 971

Hi Hal ,still looking for more info and photos at the momment,
 Rex Thanks for the link to your build will be very usful.

regards pete
Old 06-30-2011, 04:09 AM
pattoncommander

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The E3 would definately be easier with some later ones will odd size tracks etc. Since we now have MATO suspension parts, it would be lots easier and a nice looking tank. I'm still toying with the T-28 idea, but the suspension alone would be so expensive, it's just cost prohibitive. [&:]
Old 06-30-2011, 04:31 AM
Panther F

To be honest, I stopped working on it in 2007 after a fellow club president voiced concerns over ''Paper Panzers being used in RC combat.''

Eehh, that's a bit picky I think. Relying on production numbers for a tank battle. If it was a prototype then I say let it play, it's not a paper panzer!!

Pete? Any progress pictures yet?

- Jeff
Old 06-30-2011, 06:02 AM
HAL_HUSKER

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

To be honest, I stopped working on it in 2007 after a fellow club president voiced concerns over "Paper Panzers being used in RC combat." I had many more projects to keep me busy so back on the shelf it went. The humor is, as leader of my own club, I can do what I want and this might be the time to dust it off.....
you know - one voice is one voice...
we at our conference had quite the discussion about this...
"what if tanks" or "paper projects" still do have the right to particate in RC Tank Battles. And we decided that if you have a what if rctank model you are allowed to fight BUTNOTin the Battles that reenact the real WW2 (or what ever war) events...
Old 06-30-2011, 10:04 AM
Green Amphibian

That sounds like a very good compromise. You can battle your "what if's" in anyting that is not based on a re-enactment of a real one. There are plenty of times to run and battle to have fun for everyone.
Old 06-30-2011, 10:56 AM
Panther F

ORIGINAL: Green Amphibian

That sounds like a very good compromise. You can battle your ''what if's'' in anyting that is not based on a re-enactment of a real one. There are plenty of times to run and battle to have fun for everyone.

I can see if you were playing for money or trophies and the tank had a edge over the rest of the field (like maybe the Leo 2?) but a different model/prototype that was built during the period isn't a threat.

Why punish those that are creative and don't want to have the same as the next guy has.

- Jeff
Old 06-30-2011, 11:56 AM
wright 971

Hi Havnt started yet ,still waiting for the lower hull to arrive,I like to build Tanks that are different ,I have a Jagdpanther II based on the Panther II lower hull ,But also have a Panther G top for it And halfway through building a Panther F top for it.So have Three tanks on one lower hull,one of which is an actual tank,so if they start with you cant run that it didnt exist can put the Panther G top on and say its in the museum.(Patton museum)

regards pete
Old 06-30-2011, 12:32 PM
Rex Ross

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

ORIGINAL: HAL_HUSKER

you know - one voice is one voice...
we at our conference had quite the discussion about this...
''what if tanks'' or ''paper projects'' still do have the right to particate in RC Tank Battles. And we decided that if you have a what if rctank model you are allowed to fight BUT NOT in the Battles that reenact the real WW2 (or what ever war) events...
[/quote]

~~~~~~~~~

I agree......... If we go by strict historically accurate rules, the only time we can battle our Pershings is for five minutes at the end of an afternoon of WWII tank battle scenarios. If memory serves me correctly, only 20 showed up in Europe in January of 1945, and only a handfull ever fired a shot in combat. I think we have more Pershing tanks in our tank club than actually saw operational front line service in WWII.

I can see both sides of this hobby question, but I tend to lean toward the "just plain fun" aspect of it. If there aren't many battle rules ya get to cheat more.

Speaking of historical accuracy........Mama Mia!!!!........My scratchbuilt SPA/Fiat TM40 artillery tractor broke down on the first day and I have to rebuild it using a more powerful motor......... I apologize for that "historical accuracy" remark, that's a cheap shot. If you are Italian, you have my permission to tell a Polish joke at my expense.

Rex