Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 25 of 41 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: The Tanker's Lounge

So... how much $$ was the damage?

I really like it!

~ Jeff
    Building the British Sherman Mk.III ~ Mid Production Sicily

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I kinda pushed christin into making a henglong suspension version....I am going to chop up my hl king tiger for parts to make this beast.....here is the thread where he was working on the project.....

http://www.rctankwarfare.co.uk/forum...hp?f=23&t=9390

here is his site..

http://www.ludwigs-hobby-seite.de/flohmarkt.html

Seems like a nice guy, you do most of your commication through a traslator so you have to be very clear with e mails and he is in the german army so he may take a while to get back to you if he out training in the field.....Ibought the first off so I got a nice price, he told me he might sell this hull and turret set for 360 euros butI have a feeling the price is not set yet. The kit is cut out on a cnc machien and the detail is there. With the plastic being scale thickness and the hull being notched togather, there willbe no flex with thistank.

With the hl modded wheels and drive line,so much of the hard stuffwith a scratch build is more or less done. I am really looking forward do doing this one, getting the turret to work right and thegetting the huge fender armor right are going to be tough. It lookslike a am going to be putting bolts into the wheelsfor months...going to bea very long build.
    That which does not destroy me just makes me more irritable

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Looking at armo thinkness......

wondering where the apple should be mounted?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Wondering why some of you are posting tank related stuff in this area..............??? This is for off topic stuff thats not suppose to be posted in the tank area.

BIGMIG

Like this......Todays catch........3 salmon........turned two natives loose...
    Or do you want this mixed in with your tanks..[:-]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mk26584.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	46.9 KB 
ID:	1799190   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rc41859.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	50.7 KB 
ID:	1799191  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Wow Bigmig you guys must have some pretty good meals with them kind of catches

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Well for myself i'm realy not that big a salmon eater.....Like some now and then,but my wife is Filipina and you know Filipinos love to eat fish. I eat it smoked more than fresh.These three today will get smoked.

This fall run of Salmon that comes up the Columbia from the ocean will travel up-river a long ways yet...And there are runs from this main run that go up most of all the smaller rivers that run into the Columbia.We have a lot of rivers in the Pacific Northwest and most have salmon and steelhead runs.We get summer,fall,and winter runs of stealhead.

I fish mostly with my Son in the rivers.In the years past i did a lot of ocean fishing for salmon and going out over the Columbia River Bar can be dangerouse at times. (known as the graveyard of the Pacific..for a reason. ) I live about 100 miles inland from the ocean and it has been one of my favorite playgrounds for 50 + years.(fishing,claming,crabbing,Duck hunting,deer hunting,elk hunting,and a bear ever so often)

We realy keep very few fish.We do like to gto out and hook into them....fight em....and then release them.You can only eat so much fish.We also like to know the runs will stay healthy and provide a lot of fun and food for years to come.There are still a lot of 35 pound + fish in our rivers.It's fun to catch them and turn them loose...even though we could keep them.

BIGMIG

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Here is a little " TIP" for those who my not know about preserving smoked Salmon and Steelhead........

OK so you have just smoked a bunch of fish.........Now what do you do with them.?

You can bag it and put it in the freezer......it will keep for quite a while that way but tends to get a little soft and kind of mushy.

It will not keep very long in just the refrigerator as it will get moldy.

Here is a great way to preserve it and it can set on the shelf mabe two years with no problem.........

You can do this with (pint or quart jars ) Wash your jars to be used ( wide mouth jars are beast )...
    Pack the clean and washed jars with the smoked fish.Clean the rim of the jars very good after packing.Place the matching lids for the amount of jars used in a pan of hot water and leave them sit for five or so minutes.Place a lid on each jar followed by screwing a ring tight on each jar to secure the lid.

Place the filled jars on a flat sheet type baking pan and place them in the oven.Turn your oven on (or you could have pre-heated the oven..either way ) and set it at 250 degrees.After one and a half hours (1 1/2 hours ) remove the jars to cool.As they start cooling down they will seal..(if you do a lot of canning you well know you will hear a lot of the lids "pop" when they seal ).After they are cold to the touch push down on the lids with a slight pressure to insure they have sealed.We mark the content and the date with a felt pen.........

Very easy process and these will keep a longt time on the shelf and be just as good tasting as when you put them in the jar.....

Hope this will be usefull for some of the members....

BIGMIG

A couple of pictures of the smoked fish in canning jars allready processed.......

Sorry about my spelling.....not the best....

Name:	Gd93751.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	50.1 KB 
ID:	1799205   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sd43341.jpg 
Size:	48.5 KB 
ID:	1799206  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Airbrushler

Wow Bigmig you guys must have some pretty good meals with them kind of catches

Fried,Baked,deepfried,smoked,canned,and some on the BBQ....... Like it best diped in flour and pan fried kind of crispy...yum

BIGMIG

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I sure miss the Northwest. Lived there for the first 44 years. Graduated from PSU and then to GU Law. We use to fish the steelhead runs and fly fish all the way into Montana. Ended up moving to Scottsdale. Average temps in August was 112. Sometimes I think I'm nuts, but there's always the DAK team to keep me looking forward.
    King Tiger, KV-1, Tiger 1, Pershing

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Any update on the 3d Printer? I've been looking at them for the last year with the thought of printing a IS7 turret and hull components.
    King Tiger, KV-1, Tiger 1, Pershing

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i want some sardines....when i was a kid...me and my dad ate them...i like the BBQ ones....

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi Guys

I need some advice from you guys who are more experienced in the workforce then I am. I am 30 years old and have only ever had two jobs in my life. One I started when I was 16 until I was 20 and the other from when I was 20 until I was 30.

Well Thursday I have a job interview, unfortunately its through a temp agency but the job will be close to 45 hours a week and after three months I would be hired on. I have to admit right now Im nervous about the interview and job. I have always been uncomfortable around new people and new surroundings so yeah a new job kind of freaks me out. Would you guys have any advice on how to stay calm and get through it. Im really not looking forward to this....

Jeremy

I have been trying to work on my RC tanks today to calm my nerves but its not working very good. I know people here are always friendly and do a good job on cheering people up so I could use some calming words.

I guess when it comes down to it though at least I have a job ( possibly, if I don't fail the interview somehow,lol )

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Ah, Summer is winding down… the trees have fall colors, it’s hunting season and the Cowboys (and Cowgirls) are bringing the cows down from the high country.
    Here is some pictures of the cattle drive that went down my street today.

Name:	Rp42183.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	147.6 KB 
ID:	1801654   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tr50919.jpg 
Size:	130.0 KB 
ID:	1801655   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ay75297.jpg 
Size:	79.2 KB 
ID:	1801656   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ro41765.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	81.6 KB 
ID:	1801657   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Yv66028.jpg 
Size:	88.1 KB 
ID:	1801658  

Visit the Western Slope Division @
    http://colorado4rctanks.wordpress.com/

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Boy O Boy, That's some pretty good looking Cowgirls. Seems like a lot of attention for so few cattle?? But what do I know. I grew up in Royal Oak Michigan. It's a suburb of the big D ( no I'm i'm not talking about Dallas). I'm talking about Motown. That's righ Detroit. Haven't been there in a number of years, retired in Ga. and most family is dead. But I do miss it.

Jim

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Be sure to check the front yard for meadow muffin mines before running any tanks! [:'(]
    It is never too late to have a happy childhood

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Does anyone recognize what tank model uses the track on the left? It is 2 inches wide, and I suspect it may be 15th scale. The track on the right is 1/16 Heng Long, for comparison.

Name:	Sq47424.jpg 
Size:	107.2 KB 
ID:	1804639  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Looks like a set of Tiger II tracks to me.
    Tamiya Tiger I, Tiger II, Panther G, 3 HL Stug III G, 1 HL Panzer III M, 1 HL Jagdpanzer IV L/70, 1 R/C Armory 1/8 Tiger II

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

yup.....looks like a mid preduction king tiger tracks...........turn them over and I can tell you who makes them...........been messing with kt tracks for my e100 build....

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: mustclime

yup.....looks like a mid preduction king tiger tracks...........turn them over and I can tell you who makes them...........been messing with kt tracks for my e100 build....
    ~~~~~~~~

Here's the other side ...........

Name:	Ge95431.jpg 
Size:	107.0 KB 
ID:	1804688   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fb87888.jpg 
Size:	119.0 KB 
ID:	1804689  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: tsull

I sure miss the Northwest. Lived there for the first 44 years. Graduated from PSU and then to GU Law. We use to fish the steelhead runs and fly fish all the way into Montana. Ended up moving to Scottsdale. Average temps in August was 112. Sometimes I think I'm nuts, but there's always the DAK team to keep me looking forward.
    Would the GU be referring to Gonzaga? I went there back when I lived in the PNW.

Perry

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Those look like the Tamiya 1/16 Tiger II plastic tracks that came with that kit.
    Tamiya Tiger I, Tiger II, Panther G, 3 HL Stug III G, 1 HL Panzer III M, 1 HL Jagdpanzer IV L/70, 1 R/C Armory 1/8 Tiger II

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: MAUS45

Those look like the Tamiya 1/16 Tiger II plastic tracks that came with that kit.
    ~~~~~

THAT'S IT !!! I just took a look at the Tamiya website, and that track is on their King Tiger. I have a pair of those track loops that are going to work out for a scratchbuilding project I have been thinking about , but haven't totally talked myself into ...... a British A39 Tortoise. Those tracks are pretty close to what's on the Tortoise, or at least close enough to make me happy.

Name:	Bz78433.jpg 
Size:	101.3 KB 
ID:	1804829  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Duplicate, Sorry All [&:]

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yes, build it and the "Hare" will be happy to race your "Tortoise" again!!! Actually the "Hare" should be totally terrified because of the track noise. Anyway, I digress, build the Tortoise!!! Tortoise, Tortoise, Tortoise!!!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Frankenstorm is comming!

Page 25 of 41 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast