Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

The Tanker's Lounge

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2013, 11:19 AM
ausf

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: The Tanker's Lounge

ORIGINAL: Rebellion13

Wouldn't you just love to cross check him in the face.
Cheers
Wade
I think half the people I know would, including some State Troopers. A buddy pulled him over years ago doing 90 or so on the Pallisades, which isbarely driveable at 50. Before he even got to the door of his Range Rover, Bettmann was pushing a pile of PBA cards in his face. He ticked my buddy off so much, he went ahead and started writing the ticket. Next thing he knows, 2 units show up as if there was officershot and he ended up getting a lot of crap thrown his way all because of that crybaby.

I was never a big fan of Shanahan, but you gotta love him telling Bettmann to wipe that smirk off his face.

In reality, quitting playing, having kids and not enough time to follow games has just as much to do with my loss of interest as Bettmann and the rule changes. Of course the Habs dismal play doesn't hurt either.

NFL fits my life better these days, just have to clear the decks once a week for 3 hrs. 16 games is easier to follow than 84 and ticket prices are nuts to try a take the kids. The Forum had standing room tickets for 10.65 CD. I knew a side entrance that got me to the top of red, about 45 feet from the ice, opposite the benches, a few steps from the beer concession where you got bottles for 2.50. And the usher will hold your spot. I loved that building.
Old 01-07-2013, 11:59 AM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hockey is in my Blood. I grew up in Edmonton and watched two kids named Gretzky and Messier when they were 17 years old.

This whole lock out though has really steamed me. Guys getting paid millions to do what they love, and owners who don't have the time in the day to count their money. Hockey is small time to other pro sports, but I have to tell you I believe the world has gone mad when all these pro athletes and owners feel they need more.

As much as I love the game the hockey fans have a chance to scare these baffons at all levels of pro sport. Don't watch. Go to junior game, and let these guys know they are playing a game, not saving peoples lives.

Will it happen. Not likely, but what a statement it would make to try and put sanity back into pro sport.
Old 01-07-2013, 01:23 PM
Panther F

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

Hockey is NOTHING like it once used to be and I enjoyed the break from seeing them fighting in the sports news.

Football is getting to be the new hockey as well. Over paid athletes with an enormous head and ego to match!

~ Jeff
Old 01-07-2013, 02:12 PM
B.A.D.A.S.S.Force

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: Panther F

Football is getting to be the new hockey as well. Over paid athletes with an enormous head and ego to match!

~ Jeff
Oh please , football has been like that for a far far far longer time than hockey.

~ Craig ~

Old 01-07-2013, 02:44 PM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yes. I think it is a measure of our society when we can let this absurb thought that a professional athlete is worth x number of millions of dollars a year for playing a game, become acceptable. They get paid damn well, and too me it feels like a slap in the face to the average sports fans, who is only looking for an escape from the trials and tribulation of the real world. Most of us struggle to build a net worth of what these athletes spend on the booze they spill down the front of their shirt.

Sorry guys, I tuned out of pro sport about 5 years ago after the last labour union problem with the NHL. I have more time to spend on tanks. For what it cost to go to an NHL game I could buy a couple of Heng longs. IF it took the wife suddenly we are talking full option Tamiya. I made my choice, and don't regret it at all.

I used to live and breath hockey. Played the game all my life. I would wake up in the morning and think about the Oiler game all day. I spent my honeymoon in a lounge in Hawaii watching the Oilers play the Islanders. One it was poor planning on my part to get married during the playoffs, and two going to Hawaii for a honeymoon during a Stanley cup final was plain dumb. This it they way I used to think about the game. Then the insanity kicked in and guys wanted 5 million a year to score five goals. I quit on the the game and started spending my money other places. I will not support the insanity which is pro-sport with my money. That means I don't watch it on TV either. I have lost all interest in it. Maybe you just get like that then when you get older, but for me hockey was over 5 years ago. I went from someone who was passionately involved to the point of selling the farm to support MY team, to a guy who really couldn't care less anymore. If it can happen to me it can happen to anyone, and would that ever be poetic justice to see society turn their back on this bunch ( I am not just talking hockey here, I mean all pro sport) Let them know that what they do is not life and death, and we can function fine without them, and they should be thankful to be getting paid to play a game .

In Canada right now there is a huge discussion on this. Many people are upset that these guys playing a game for millions are taking themselves so seriously. I am betting though once the puck drops all will be forgiven. Too bad.
Old 01-07-2013, 03:22 PM
ausf

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Couldn't agree more Dan.

My family has had NY Giants tickets since the Polo Grounds in '56. I started paying for my own seat when I was 18 or so, it was $20 a game. When I gave up my ticket after W. Mara died, they were $100 a seat, plus $15 parking. And then they came up with the PSL at $2500 to have the right to buy the seat from them. Absurd.

It is definitely salary driven. To attract talent, they have to keep uping what they give them, then raised prices to accomodate. Meanwhile, the athletes are making more with mechandising and endorsements than they ever were. All the while, most people's wages remain the same.
Old 01-07-2013, 03:45 PM
Panther F

No, reality sets in. Knowing what is right and what is someone else's world.

I'm just about done with the NFL. Almost every player thinks it's his stage to showboat on.

And I'm glad I will not have to watch the Ray Lewis dance anymore. He should have went to prison and stayed there.

Cheers!

~ Jeff
Old 01-07-2013, 06:08 PM
Green Amphibian

I don't watch any of it and consider myself better off for it. Baseball, Football, Basketball, Hockey, Soccer, they are all overpaid Prima Madonnas in my opinion.

Herman
Old 01-08-2013, 07:31 PM
strmnd54

To change the subject; here's a computer maintenance tip given to me by my sister last week:

"It is recommended to clean your computer screen from inside at least once a month...
Click here to get your free cleaning..."
Old 01-08-2013, 07:33 PM
strmnd54

OOOPS! my link didn't work....
http://www.lingdao.fr/outils/nettoyeurecran/cleanscreen.swf
Old 01-08-2013, 07:38 PM
strmnd54

As usual; it's the same old pain in the butt to post a link on this site

www.lingdao.fr/outils/nettoyeurecran/cleanscreen.swf
Old 01-08-2013, 07:46 PM
Airbrushler

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Man i didn't know my screen was that dirty...thanks Strmnd54
Old 01-09-2013, 06:56 AM
MAUS45

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

I LMAO!!!! As Aibrushler said, I really didn't know I needed this? LOL!!!
Old 01-09-2013, 01:48 PM
Merganser

Hi. Just got my March issue of RC Driver magazine and to my surprise Tamiya has a full page color ad for their rc tanks. This is the first time I have seen a Tamiya ad for tanks during the two years I have been reading the magazine. I was worried last fall that they would pull out. Sure hope this brings in more fans. jot
Old 01-09-2013, 06:50 PM
thecommander

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Love that new Chevy.....my Tahoe (AKA tank hauler II) Just hit 170 thousand miles.

Alsq like the Terminators tank.....Awesome!!!
Old 01-10-2013, 11:55 AM
Patski

Nothing to do with tanks! but it's Freakydude's Birthday today!  Happy Birthday Curtis!
Old 01-10-2013, 12:01 PM
Panther F

ORIGINAL: Patski

Nothing to do with tanks! but it's Freakydude's Birthday today! Happy Birthday Curtis!

Well, SURE it does!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CURTIS!!!

~ Jeff
Old 01-10-2013, 12:55 PM
B.A.D.A.S.S.Force

ORIGINAL: Patski

Nothing to do with tanks! but it's Freakydude's Birthday today! Happy Birthday Curtis!
What a nasty thing to say to anyone over 29 but still under 70!!! LOL

[███ ☠███]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃ **** HAPPY BIRTHDAY CURTIS****
▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
I████████████████⠖ˆ]
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤

~ Craig ~

Old 01-10-2013, 02:15 PM
strmnd54

I understand Curtis has reach that time period called " middle age": Which, for most of us; is somewhere between " too old to work .....and too young to retire".
Happy birthday Curtis.
Old 01-10-2013, 02:27 PM
MAUS45

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

Is that when they start calling you "Mr." or "Sir"? [8D]

Happy Birthday Curtis!!!!!
Old 01-10-2013, 04:24 PM
Green Amphibian

Ya, but if you growl at them loud enough they stop. Oh, happy birthday Curtis!

Herman
Old 01-10-2013, 04:29 PM
Airbrushler

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Happy Birthday Curtis!!!!!

Old 01-10-2013, 04:39 PM
Rebellion13

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!

Cheers,
Wade
Old 01-24-2013, 11:06 AM
strmnd54

One of the best paint job I've seen on a military vehicule....
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge94674.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	76.8 KB
ID:	1843860   Click image for larger version

Name:	Id95826.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	77.3 KB
ID:	1843861   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sx62827.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	51.0 KB
ID:	1843862  
Old 01-24-2013, 11:49 AM
Rebellion13

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

I get mad when birds poop on my jeep, could you imagine the lunker that would come out of a bird that size. Anyway that is pretty dam neat looking. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers
Wade

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.