Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

The Tanker's Lounge

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2019, 12:05 PM
Pah co chu puk

Received 143 Likes on 93 Posts

Oh, you are hooked now.
Old 03-05-2019, 11:15 PM
Vinnie D

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds good , the tiger is a monster, your gonna love it
Old 03-10-2019, 06:26 PM
mixtli

Torro Tanks

I have to post my experience w purchase from Torro. I bought 3 1/16 scale tigers level 4 for about $800. I selected 3 unique paint schemes of the Tiger and got 2 the same because I clicked on the images of the website and didn't see the small model no. on the bottom which didn't match with the picture... and they came with pieces/parts missing, One of the tanks was damaged ..looks like it was used and returned. The sound box was broken off and the smoke plastic tube was broken. Motors in this same tank are older and slower than the other 2. Accessory bag was open missing parts. On the website the IR receivers and rechargeable batteries are included... but they were not. Power supply was European, had to buy batteries and new chargers.
I emailed about upgrades waiting for them to arrive... incomplete and slow response. I emailed them after opening the boxes to discover all the problems above and no reply. I guess they figure I"m too far away to do anything about it.. They were actually pretty fun for a week until one of the drive wheels split in half. I ordered a metal replacement from Taigen but the track keeps coming off... looks like an alignment issue. Again, the same tank that appeared well used.
I guess there's nothing i can do since i stupidly bought from Europe and not local dealer. Just don't make the same mistake I did,..
Old 09-15-2019, 10:12 AM
Pah co chu puk

I think airplanes are cool too, and these baby's came to an air show near me this weekend.

The following users liked this post:
Will01Capri (08-17-2021)
Old 09-14-2020, 04:58 PM
JMore

Default New to R/C U and Tanking

Hey everyone.
Im new to the forum. In fact I rarely do forums or blogs in general.
But recently I asked some questions about Tanking and had some excellent help. I was given advice from a few experienced folks that helped me assess a reasonable depth for my swan dive into the hobby.
Im a competent modeler and my paint chops are at a pro level.
Ive built dozens of static model kits over the years and painted hundreds of figure projects professionally.
I run a few different professional SLA and MJP 3D Printers as well (but Im not a 3D Modeler by trade).
So I know my way around a Dremel, an Iwata and some Duct Tape

The R/C Tanking Hobby is something I have wanted to get into for a few years, and Im just now buying my first Tank (Taigen, Tiger I mid production).
To me, the reward of the 1/35 kits is lack luster. I can squeeze in a couple a year and there they sit. The larger format of the 1/16 tanks and the ability to upgrade, interact and grow with the tank (and hobby) is compelling.
Its my kind of project. Very excited.
I am already assessing upgrades and buying parts for future builds (KV-2, Stug, Sherman M4A1 cast Hull, and anything that wears Winterketten - totally obsessed w/winter tanks).
Gearboxes, better motherboards, smokers, flash, recoil, axel support, you name it, Im interested.

Its a bit daunting, so many variables, parts, boards, determining reasonable fit between manufacturers (seriously - does everyone share the same factory with minimal mods and so-so fit??).
But whatever the case, its all proving to be an enjoyable ride of discovery.

Thought I would introduce myself and say hello!

There's no doubt I will haunt the forum and have dozens of questions in the months to come.

All my best, CHEERS!

J

Old 10-14-2020, 08:44 AM
Shark27

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

Jmore,
Welcome to the Tank forum, you will find this an addictive hobby. Like most I came from 1/35th scale armor modelling, the R/C aspect and scale add a lot of appeal, some of us battle them using infrared emitters and receivers, so the scope of the hobby expands even further than you might expect.
I think you will be happy with the Taigen Tiger tank and they (IMEX) have a presence here on the forum, Eric over at IMEX keeps us updated on the new products they offer as well as providing support and discounts to forum members here. He is also a Tanker, so If you have any questions about your Taigen Tiger someone here can probably answer or Eric may chime in with his expert knowledge of the Taigen product line and answer as well.

I too have been 3D printing tank related items, as many are now getting into that hobby as well as an adjunct to the RC tank hobby, check out my SSYMS 80 ton flatbed railway car on this forum, if you haven't seen it there are several 3D printed projects currently on the forum, some amazing work being done.
Enjoy and again welcome to the forum.

Steve
JMore (12-09-2020)
Old 12-09-2020, 04:54 AM
gaharit

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by strmnd54
That's a great idea !!!!
Too bad I'm anti-social and don't talk to anybody ..
That's something about my life. Exactly!
Old 07-04-2021, 10:45 AM
Rob1970

Default New to this forum

Hi there, I'm Rob. New to this forum. New to RC, but not to building models. Have a 1/16 Sherman M4A3 since a day or 10, and already it's got a hole in it. The bug bit me and I am doing some work on it, probably to turn it into a Firefly... The first work is done; wiring up the lights in the "spare" hull top, and cutting out the engine grills to replace them with Mato metal parts.

TTFN,
Rob

Old 12-04-2021, 08:15 PM
2cents

Default Hi all!

So poking around a little bit I haven’t seen in introduction thread anywhere, if I’m in the wrong place please point me to the right one. It’s been quite a while since I’ve been on any kind of forum, well over a decade. If I make any mistakes please feel free to correct me.

just getting into the world of tanks, previously last serious RC vehicle I had was an RC 10 back in the late 80s. So it’s been quite a while.

couple months ago I picked up my first tank a Torro Pershing, and shortly after a Heng Long Tiger 1. I have a lot of questions but I’ll try to use the search function as much as possible.

Thanks! Jason
Old 01-29-2024, 09:35 AM
Pah co chu puk

Gary sent me this 1/6th scale figure hoping to get me into 1/6th scale tanks. I live in a second floor condo, so if I built a 1/6th scale tank I don't know how I would get it outside to drive it. When I retire I will move into a house with a walkout basement, so then 1/6th scale tanks will be fun. Until then, I have this guy to keep me company. Thank you Gary.

I love to ski, so this figure is cool to have. I took him out for a photo shoot today.

Old 01-29-2024, 12:15 PM
Max-U52

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

I had a feeling you would like him. Those are great photos, and I'm glad you are having fun with him.
Old 01-29-2024, 12:52 PM
Pah co chu puk

A black and white version for historical (or is that hysterical) flavor. These were all shot in the mountains just outside the "Switzerland of America". It's the closest I could get the Ski Jager to the Alps.
I kept wanting to make a movie of him sliding down a slope, but that seemed like a good way to break or lose something, not to mention possibly damaging the Ski Jager.
Old 02-02-2024, 11:16 AM
skyowa

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

one of 10 silly posts I have to make just to post a photo...
Old 02-21-2024, 01:18 PM
skyowa

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

my neighbor is gawking, he thinks I'm a little nuts, I do what I can to reinforce that perception

phrogjlf (02-21-2024)