Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Hooben t-55 sellers?

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2011, 07:10 PM
B/Man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hooben t-55 sellers?

I'm building my T-55 at the moment and will be using the Hooben electronics. I will be able to test them as soon as I order a radio so should be able to report back soon.
Old 08-03-2011, 07:58 PM
bhop73

ORIGINAL: B/Man

I'm building my T-55 at the moment and will be using the Hooben electronics. I will be able to test them as soon as I order a radio so should be able to report back soon.

Sweet! Gonna make a build-up thread? That'd be cool..
Old 08-04-2011, 09:15 PM
B/Man

There are a few good build threads out there and I'm not doing anything special so I don't think I will. But I will put the results up when I'm done.
Old 08-10-2011, 10:56 AM
bhop73

Mine just came in the mail! I'm at work so I haven't had a chance to look it over.. shipping only took a week! Not bad.
Old 08-10-2011, 08:39 PM
bhop73

Hey, I finally got home from work and inspected the T55. It looks so awesome! I can't wait to get started on it, although that'll probably be a while. I have to finish my Panzer III and I have a couple other commitments to take care of..

Anyways, I didn't want to start a new thread for these, so thought this'd be as good a place as any for some size comparison shots. Tamiya 1/35 I built a few years back and the Hooben. I'm sure you're all aware of the coolness of 1/16 scale tanks, but it never ceases to amaze me how much more presence the big scale tanks have.

Old 08-16-2011, 05:11 AM
texchap

I used the Hooben Electronics. This is a SLUSystem. http://soundandlightunit.weebly.com/index.html. It is not as "bullet proof" as the Tamiya System nor is it 300+ dollars. There is a CPU and an esc module. It is 4 channel. There are very few plug ins that have the plugs where there is only one way to plug them in. You have to look close at the instructions and board diagram to determine where the positive and negative leads plug in. It is possible to plug them in opposite and either the past (like the turret motor or lights) don't function or you can burn out the board so be careful. It has a limited number of radios that will work. The Spectrum DX5e and the Tactic TTx404 2.4ghz work fine. Some Futabas have been reported to work. None of my futabas worked with this system. Fireman Tim can give more info on this. Sound is great. The preformance of the system can be fine tuned, ie wandering left and right. The battle system (ordered separately from the vender) is Tamiya Compatible and offers more variables than the Tamiya (ex you can limit the number of rounds you can fire before running out). I had some frustration with the system, but once I got a compatible radio and got it hooked up it works great. The Controls are a bit different. I set mine up so that Forward/ Reverse and Left and Right are all in the Right. The Left joystick controls the rest of the functions example Up-Fire 1/2 up, right and left-raises and lowers barrel, center left and right- turns turret, down 1/2 and rt- turns on the lights, down left turns on the tank. You get use to the controls. The T55 parts are configured fot this system. If you use Tamiya or others you will have to work with the wiring. Overall I'm pleased with the system.
Old 08-16-2011, 07:48 PM
Martellus

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would love to see you build that-also i too have one of those tamiya t-55s, and its awesome to see how much bigger the hooben one is!
Old 08-17-2011, 06:10 AM
texchap

There is a build thread.    http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_10..._1/key_/tm.htm