Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Is Vstank being Dishonest in its Advertisment?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Is Vstank being Dishonest in its Advertisment?

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2011, 05:32 AM
calvinlo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is Vstank being Dishonest in its Advertisment?

I just bought a 1/24 Vstank pro Sherman that comes with the new transmitter Vtx-10. This new transmitter itself is advertised as a 'Digital Proportional Transmitter'. Even the instruction manual says '1/24 Digital Proportional RC Battle Tank'.

But when I tested it just now by pushing the forward movement stick, there are only 3 speeds - just like the old 3-forward button-controller! So what's the difference???!!!

I'm totally pissed off by Vstank!
Old 08-03-2011, 06:26 AM
borealis

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Default RE: Is Vstank being Dishonest in its Advertisment?

Vstank managers didn't understand what they had to do to improve their products: adding proportional controls and proper sounds to each tank. Period.

Instead they devoted resources to the overpriced 'diorama' series, and then to the useless 'metal figures' series, and then to the even more useless 'VS dinosaurs' series, leaving the developement of the only two things 1/24 rctankers were asking for, far back.

Now they have lost a lot of appeal since the arrival of FOV tanks, which feature better controls, way better sounds, and interactive accessories.

A pity for a company which was a leader in 1/24 scale, but wasn't able to answer to the well expressed requests of the market.
Old 08-03-2011, 06:48 AM
calvinlo

I always knew that those guys in Vstank were too obsessed with achieving 'external perfection' of their products while blatantly ignoring the internal electronics. But I never knew that they could have the cheek to advertise the new TVX-10 controller as 'digital proportional' when it is nothing more than 'stick control' with the same old three-speed setup.

Either Vstank 1) doesn't understand what 'digital proportional' really means; or 2) They are VERY dishonest.

This is the last time I will purchase any Vstank product. PERIOD.

Anyway, see my conversation below with the dealer whom I purchased my Sherman from and see what he said about Vstank's new 'digital Proportional Controller'.

Old 08-03-2011, 06:49 AM
shenlonco
My Feedback: (2)

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Funny VS tanks is that's for sure and it's SAD from there first ever 1/24 tank i been e-mailing talking with a few guy's over all the years up into like 2 years ago when i finally gave up!!!

I been telling them for years what needs to be improved but they hardly did any of my improvments i talked about over the years!!!

they just keep making loads of usless crap we don't need over priced rubbish ... we want better tanks put some effert into the tanks no stupid add ons that cost a arm and a leg!!

If i worked for vs we would have had perfect 1/24 tanks like 10 years ago!!! VS can't do anything right not even in 10 years!!!

O and please get us a video i heard the new sound is even worse than the old sound it now only idels sound all the time? is this true?
Get us a video please.

THANKS
Old 08-03-2011, 03:55 PM
calvinlo

Here's the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsaUETB_f3M

As you may observe, during the second run, I missed the first speed because I pushed too fast. That's how crude the controller is. You can hear 3 steps sudden jump in speed.

Old 08-03-2011, 04:31 PM
The Mad Modder

I just bought a VStank(BOL actually) Tiger 1 monday. I did do a lot of research on it before I bought it and decided to buy it anyway for a few reasons.

From what I've read and seen, the main thing that's wrong with the vstanks is the sound/battle system. Except for the KV(which has problems when upgraded to the "hard" tracks), they are generally reliable tanks. I don't really understand why you're ripping on them so much for the sound/battle system and henglong has no shortage of fans even though it seems to be the general consensus that they are mechanically unreliable.

As far as "digital proportion" goes, it's a chinese company and if you read their posts on facebook, the spokespeople are definitely not masters of the english language. I think it's entirely possible that they think that because it has multiple speeds(instead of the full forward-off-full reverse type controls that many toys have) it's proportional.

One of the things I liked about VSTank was their attention to detail. On their facebook page, they have comparison pictures of their new king tiger and a competitor's king tiger(looks like FOV). There's a pretty big difference in the level of detail the companies put in their tanks.
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...8.275971577302

If I have offended any of you, I apologize. I'm a beginner when it comes to tanking and this is how I see it.
Old 08-03-2011, 05:22 PM
shenlonco

I owned both and i would rather sacrafice some tank detail for the FOV has a 100% better IR battle system and 100% better radio and real digital proportional speed plus 100% better sound system and 100% better interactive battle assesories and also FOV made as much 1/24 tanks in 2 years with way more assesories than VS made in 10 years!!!

MAD 1/24 BATTLE FIELD
http://s921.photobucket.com/albums/a...rent=field.mp4

ORIGINAL: The Mad Modder

I just bought a VStank(BOL actually) Tiger 1 monday. I did do a lot of research on it before I bought it and decided to buy it anyway for a few reasons.

From what I've read and seen, the main thing that's wrong with the vstanks is the sound/battle system. Except for the KV(which has problems when upgraded to the ''hard'' tracks), they are generally reliable tanks. I don't really understand why you're ripping on them so much for the sound/battle system and henglong has no shortage of fans even though it seems to be the general consensus that they are mechanically unreliable.

As far as ''digital proportion'' goes, it's a chinese company and if you read their posts on facebook, the spokespeople are definitely not masters of the english language. I think it's entirely possible that they think that because it has multiple speeds(instead of the full forward-off-full reverse type controls that many toys have) it's proportional.

One of the things I liked about VSTank was their attention to detail. On their facebook page, they have comparison pictures of their new king tiger and a competitor's king tiger(looks like FOV). There's a pretty big difference in the level of detail the companies put in their tanks.

If I have offended any of you, I apologize. I'm a beginner when it comes to tanking and this is how I see it.
Old 08-03-2011, 05:26 PM
shenlonco

Thats funny it sounds like they copied the 1/16 HL tanks start up sound and idle sound .... and it's funny the tank only sits there ideling when going fast or slow?
How cheap is that?

It does look like a nice tank though.

ORIGINAL: calvinlo

Here's the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsaUETB_f3M

As you may observe, during the second run, I missed the first speed because I pushed too fast. That's how crude the controller is. You can hear 3 steps sudden jump in speed.

Old 08-04-2011, 04:09 AM
The Mad Modder

ORIGINAL: shenlonco

I owned both and i would rather sacrafice some tank detail for the FOV has a 100% better IR battle system and 100% better radio and real digital proportional speed plus 100% better sound system and 100% better interactive battle assesories and also FOV made as much 1/24 tanks in 2 years with way more assesories than VS made in 10 years!!!

MAD 1/24 BATTLE FIELD
http://s921.photobucket.com/albums/a...w¤t=field.mp4
Where would be a good place to get replacement parts for a FOV tank? An idea struck me, I could get the best of both worlds if I took my VS tiger(once I got it) and swapped in the electronics made for a fov.
Old 08-04-2011, 04:56 AM
shenlonco

MAD 1/24 BATTLE FIELD
http://s921.photobucket.com/albums/a...w¤t=field.mp4
Where would be a good place to get replacement parts for a FOV tank? An idea struck me, I could get the best of both worlds if I took my VS tiger(once I got it) and swapped in the electronics made for a fov.
Contact FOV by e-mail
Old 08-04-2011, 07:24 AM
calvinlo

From what I've read and seen, the main thing that's wrong with the vstanks is the sound/battle system. Except for the KV(which has problems when upgraded to the ''hard'' tracks), they are generally reliable tanks. I don't really understand why you're ripping on them so much for the sound/battle system and henglong has no shortage of fans even though it seems to be the general consensus that they are mechanically unreliable.

As far as ''digital proportion'' goes, it's a chinese company and if you read their posts on facebook, the spokespeople are definitely not masters of the english language. I think it's entirely possible that they think that because it has multiple speeds(instead of the full forward-off-full reverse type controls that many toys have) it's proportional.

I've been buying Vstank products since the early days when they first came out the M1A1 Abram and later on the Tiger I with 3 forward speed control. In case you are not aware, one of the most frequent complaints about their tanks (besides the aweful sound effects) is the lack of digital proportional movement. The consistent impression given by Vstank on their facebook is that their new controllers VTX-10 is meant to address this issue by providing 'digital proportional movement'

Good for you if you don't care for that, but there are many people who care about it, and they (like me) bought the new tank exactly because they wanted digital proportional movement. This is why I'm totally pissed off by their false advertising. They claim that it is new, but in reality it is merely repackaged from button-controller to stick-controller.

Furthermore, I do not think Vstank's English is so bad until they cannot understand what 'digital proportional' is all about. After all, they did harped on the Vstank X 1/72 tanks as being digital proportional, and they were truly digital proportional.

Anyway, enough of Vstank. this will be my last purchase from this dishonest company. PERIOD.

Old 08-04-2011, 08:04 AM
The Mad Modder

I've been buying Vstank products since the early days when they first came out the M1A1 Abram and later on the Tiger I with 3 forward speed control. In case you are not aware, one of the most frequent complaints about their tanks (besides the aweful sound effects) is the lack of digital proportional movement. The consistent impression given by Vstank on their facebook is that their new controllers VTX-10 is meant to address this issue by providing 'digital proportional movement'
On the contrary, I'm quite aware of that. Notice I said main problem not only problem.
Good for you if you don't care for that, but there are many people who care about it, and they (like me) bought the new tank exactly because they wanted digital proportional movement. This is why I'm totally pissed off by their false advertising. They claim that it is new, but in reality it is merely repackaged from button-controller to stick-controller.

Furthermore, I do not think Vstank's English is so bad until they cannot understand what 'digital proportional' is all about. After all, they did harped on the Vstank X 1/72 tanks as being digital proportional, and they were truly digital proportional.

Anyway, enough of Vstank. this will be my last purchase from this dishonest company. PERIOD.
IDK, I still think their poor english played a role in this problem, but that's your opinion and I can respect that. I guess even the best chinese companies have their problems. Heng long's attempt to cut corners with the "pantiger" comes to mind.
Old 08-05-2011, 07:22 AM
Eggman1965
My Feedback: (3)

I too, like the scale detail and model like quality of the VS Tanks (I own several) by like meny others I am also becoming weary of VS Tanks pushed back release dates, refusal to improve sound and IR battle performance and all the useless, expensive accessories that no one nI know of would pay for. Better they release a retrofit electronics package that would allow VS Tanks to battle with and sound as good as FOV tanks. My VS Tanks do look great though.

MIke

From what I've read and seen, the main thing that's wrong with the vstanks is the sound/battle system. Except for the KV(which has problems when upgraded to the "hard" tracks), they are generally reliable tanks. I don't really understand why you're ripping on them so much for the sound/battle system and henglong has no shortage of fans even though it seems to be the general consensus that they are mechanically unreliable.

As far as "digital proportion" goes, it's a chinese company and if you read their posts on facebook, the spokespeople are definitely not masters of the english language. I think it's entirely possible that they think that because it has multiple speeds(instead of the full forward-off-full reverse type controls that many toys have) it's proportional.

Old 08-05-2011, 08:13 AM
shenlonco

Looks aren't everything i would rather have a little less scale detail and much better control and sound and IR system....hint ...hint FOV!

ORIGINAL: Eggman1965

I too, like the scale detail and model like quality of the VS Tanks (I own several) by like meny others I am also becoming weary of VS Tanks pushed back release dates, refusal to improve sound and IR battle performance and all the useless, expensive accessories that no one nI know of would pay for. Better they release a retrofit electronics package that would allow VS Tanks to battle with and sound as good as FOV tanks. My VS Tanks do look great though.

MIke

Old 08-05-2011, 08:47 AM
The Mad Modder

Looks aren't everything i would rather have a little less scale detail and much better control and sound and IR system....hint ...hint FOV!

True, looks aren't everything, they are still relatively important to myself and many other tankers.
From VS's facebook page.

The thing I don't like about the fov KT is that the actual kt never had rubber rimmed wheels
Old 08-05-2011, 08:52 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie

If the transmitter is proportional, the advertising is true. The stepped speeds is probably in the speed control.
Old 08-05-2011, 09:35 AM
googlydoogly

Oh wow I didn't realize the FOV King Tiger looked that toyish.
Old 08-05-2011, 11:17 AM
shenlonco

Typical cry baby VS for you!! I recall VS saying they won't show any of there new products on the web site as (other tank manufacturers) ( FOV) are getting there stuff and coping it... how can they be coping it when it is much better desighn than VS to start with!! That was the biggest VS joke going then VS shows there Town set up with tanks on the mat and whole and behold I see a FOV sherman and it's radio in the photo showing the new VS stuff OOOPS VS DID A BOOBOO muffed up,,,, now whoes getting hold of whos products and trying to see how they work and if they can copy them... Hint Hint now VS has 2 stick radio....

Just as with these photos you posted from VS maybe FOV should do a compairison video showing how sickly pathettic the VS tanks sound and how crappy and choppy they drive with the 3 speed farward and 2 speed steering!!! not to meantion there IR sytem that don't work as well ... VS is a joke!

Like i said for how much better FOV sound and have better proportional control and better IR system and better IR combat assecories and how FOV made much more tanks in 2 years that VS took 10 to do FOV is the true winner sure the tanks may not look 100% best they could but with some detailing and weathering they look a lot better than out of the box.

True, looks aren't everything, they are still relatively important to myself and many other tankers.
From VS's facebook page.

The thing I don't like about the fov KT is that the actual kt never had rubber rimmed wheels
Old 08-05-2011, 01:02 PM
The Mad Modder

Typical cry baby VS for you!! I recall VS saying they won't show any of there new products on the web site as (other tank manufacturers) ( FOV) are getting there stuff and coping it... how can they be coping it when it is much better desighn than VS to start with!! That was the biggest VS joke going then VS shows there Town set up with tanks on the mat and whole and behold I see a FOV sherman and it's radio in the photo showing the new VS stuff OOOPS VS DID A BOOBOO muffed up,,,, now whoes getting hold of whos products and trying to see how they work and if they can copy them... Hint Hint now VS has 2 stick radio....

Just as with these photos you posted from VS maybe FOV should do a compairison video showing how sickly pathettic the VS tanks sound and how crappy and choppy they drive with the 3 speed farward and 2 speed steering!!! not to meantion there IR sytem that don't work as well ... VS is a joke!

Like i said for how much better FOV sound and have better proportional control and better IR system and better IR combat assecories and how FOV made much more tanks in 2 years that VS took 10 to do FOV is the true winner sure the tanks may not look 100% best they could but with some detailing and weathering they look a lot better than out of the box.
......wow. You really need to calm down and realize that not everyone is looking for the same thing in a tank as you. If you don't like it, that's OK, nobody's forcing you to buy one. Can't we just sit down for a discussion without getting so upset?
Old 08-05-2011, 02:11 PM
shenlonco

well i am not forcing anything ...this is facts about VS i been working with them since there first VS 1/24 tank came out giving them input and improvement ideas... in fact i told vs to make a IR target we spoke about this in E-mails many years ago it finally came out like 5 years or more later! about 2 years ago i just gave up totally on VS and stopped helping them as it was usless why they ask for input but never bother to listen is one of ther wrong doings right there... wasting peoples time...... like most everyone is fed up with VS these day not just me but all the true 1/24 die hard tank fans that where promist alot from VS that never diliverd!

I gave them so many ideas over all the years from the biginning and some of the stuff we spoke of is just going into the tanks now and a few other improvements through the years had made it into the tanks... But VS never seems to put what we US the tankers keep asking for since maybe 10 years ago on boards speaking with VS tank emplyies them selves they heard from us hundreds of times in those 10 years we want better sound and a better radio and proportional control...it's been 10 years complaining and VS listening but they don't improve opon it and take for one there true customers advise... in stead they make metal guys that are rediculously over priced could have been plastic and looked the same but anot exspensive? guy's would have rather seen more effort go into the tanks than all the un needed stuff VS keeps making.

Guess you had to be there for all the years working with them on things to know what goes on.... and some of the older VS fans know this and now are not VS fans any more until they improve there product and also they constinly show products that are going to be coming out but years later they never do and they misslead all there customers not a good thing to do to the people who buy and support you..... but VS don't give a dam

......wow. You really need to calm down and realize that not everyone is looking for the same thing in a tank as you. If you don't like it, that's OK, nobody's forcing you to buy one. Can't we just sit down for a discussion without getting so upset?
Old 08-05-2011, 03:42 PM
The Mad Modder

Companies don't always follow fan's ideas and if they do, it can take a long time to design and bring a product into production. They also have to think of if people would be willing to pay the extra money they'd need to charge for those features.
Old 08-05-2011, 04:04 PM
shenlonco

Companies don't always follow fan's ideas and if they do, it can take a long time to design and bring a product into production. They also have to think of if people would be willing to pay the extra money they'd need to charge for those features.

They asked for the the fans help and they got it but hardly did anything...and again they heard what the VS fans wanted regaurdless of a price increase but then again they did nothing... and put out other high cost products instead.

If VS was not going to fully and take what they said for years on end with only a grain of rice and not listen to the VS fans then vs should't ask for our input and interact with us on message boards...and a step further VS had a few guy's one was me who stood in contact by e-mail for helping VS and testing stuff out.... again why bother when you don't listen and diliver products we where promissed or even shown.
Old 08-05-2011, 04:18 PM
calvinlo

Quite sometime back, I knew that the advantages that Vstank enjoyed e.g. nice details, Ir battle features...etc were quickly diminishing when Heng Long started to improve their product quality and introduced IR battle features as well. Today If I compare the latest Vstank has to offer with my 1/16 HL Panther G which came with metal gearboxes, RX-18, proportional speed, IR battle features...etc, I don't see how Vstank is better, except in the paintwork department. Even the differences between looks diminishes quickly once a HL tank is properly painted and done up a little, just like my HL Panther G below.

Steve from Vstank once mentioned in facebook that his vstank products are mechanically more reliable than HL tanks, but I reminded him that he was comparing apple with orange since Vstank is not really meant to run outdoor and is far lighter in weight. I bet if Vstank scales up their tanks to 1/16 scale, they will face the same problems as well.

As for me, my main complaint against Vstank is still this - to insert the phrase 'digital proportional' on the new controller when in truth it offers no significant differences from the older controller in term of movement is something that I regard as misleading. It would have been much better if they just use the phrase 'stick controller' instead. If they cannot explain things properly in English (and English is not my native language as well), then how can I trust them to describe anything else about their future products?

Anyway, everyone is free to choose what he like.
Old 08-05-2011, 04:28 PM
shenlonco

Nice tank there calvinlo!

I feel VS just said the new radio was proportional because it now looks like the FOV radio so guy's with 1/24 tanks figured it must be proportional...It was just a way for VS to show the new radio off and compair it to FOV to make for quick sales.

I agree with you 100% and it has nothing to do with there english as like you said with the 1/72 scale they say proportional speed and they demo it in there videos.

Quite sometime back, I knew that the advantages that Vstank enjoyed e.g. nice details, Ir battle features...etc were quickly diminishing when Heng Long started to improve their product quality and introduced IR battle features as well. Today If I compare the latest Vstank has to offer with my 1/16 HL Panther G which came with metal gearboxes and RX-18, I don't see how Vstank is better, except in the paintwork department. Even the differences between looks diminishes quickly once a HL tank is properly painted and done up a little, just like my HL Panther G below.

Steve from Vstank once mentioned in facebook that his vstank products are mechanically more reliable than HL tanks, but I reminded him that he was comparing apple with orange since Vstank is not really meant to run outdoor and is far lighter in weight. I bet if Vstank scales up their tanks to 1/16 scale, they will face the same problems as well.

As for me, my main complaint against Vstank is still this - to insert the phrase 'digital proportional' on the new controller when in truth it offers no significant differences from the older controller in term of movement is something that I regard as misleading. It would have been much better if they just use the phrase 'stick controller' instead. If they cannot explain things properly in English (and English is not my native language as well), then how can I trust them to describe anything else about their future products?

Anyway, everyone is free to choose what he like.
Old 08-05-2011, 06:38 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie

OK, ThunderbirdJunkie's first RC car was a Stampede in 1995.

He had a Futaba Magnum Jr. radio and a Traxxas 3 step mechanical speed control.

Because the Traxxas speed control was NOT digital proportional mean the Futaba transmitter was NOT?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.