RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

A new Heng Long T-99 Tank?

Old 08-09-2011, 10:50 AM
shenlonco

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: A new Heng Long T-99 Tank?

Now that's one HL tank i am buying for sure!!
Need a abrams also hl!!!
Old 08-09-2011, 11:45 AM
karel47

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

they could bring out a M18 hellcat little tank but feared by the enemy or some trucks, those who brings out opel blitz on 1/16 or the USDodge Scoutcar gonna be rich everyone want one in his collection of these, or the achilles will be even better thought also batttleling in the ardennes '44
Old 08-09-2011, 03:35 PM
Panther G

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

wrong post.
Old 08-09-2011, 03:44 PM
Panther G

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

That comment was about an entirely different issue on a different post. Don't know how it got onto this page.
It even says I'm off line while I sit here reading it. Very strange.
What i was trying to make a point of , is I hope this is just the beginning of HL starting to become more current with their model line up. I hope more modern armor is coming out. There are just so many that would really bring more interest into the hobby. As far as the younger people go, I'm reasonably sure they would want a modern tank as this is what they know and see. They can relate to the Abrams, and LEO and Chally and so many others because thats wht their father or brother or cousin served in.
Not some rusty old bolt bucket that would be over 60 years old.
Old 08-09-2011, 06:19 PM
shenlonco

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

yep need more new style tanks for sure!!

Quote:
ORIGINAL: Panther G

That comment was about an entirely different issue on a different post. Don't know how it got onto this page.
It even says I'm off line while I sit here reading it. Very strange.
What i was trying to make a point of , is I hope this is just the beginning of HL starting to become more current with their model line up. I hope more modern armor is coming out. There are just so many that would really bring more interest into the hobby. As far as the younger people go, I'm reasonably sure they would want a modern tank as this is what they know and see. They can relate to the Abrams, and LEO and Chally and so many others because thats wht their father or brother or cousin served in.
Not some rusty old bolt bucket that would be over 60 years old.
Old 10-13-2011, 08:19 AM
STO_118

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

This issue you will see time and again on hobby forums, be they 1/35, 1/16 or 1/6 is people complaining about companies not releasing certain products, because they are sure they will be popular. Judging by how many people are on the forums, active people not the lurkers you will find the numbers are not very high.

I've mentioned this over in the UK forums and the problem is thus, if all the hardcore hobby poster on these boards bought one tank you would be lucky to make a production run, let alone cover tooling for Heng Long. So the usual comes along, not another Tiger, King Tiger etc etc. Out of all the tanks, the Tiger and its parts sell the most, it makes business sense therefore to develop parts or even new and improved Tigers.

The other issue is of course, many people who say they want something then don't buy the item. It is easy to say you want it, it will be popular but it becomes a different story when someone has to shell out the $200 odd for that tank.

For smaller companies, such as Hooben, whose production runs are in the 100's and not thousands it becomes possible however the cost goes up as a result and continues to rise if my latest quotation from Hooben is anything to go by.

Regarding the new Heng Long tank, I will be stocking it in small numbers and I am sure it will be popular. The front glacis shape and detail looks very familiar and so no doubt the tank will be good for conversion companies seeking to change it to current Russian armour. Secondly as a modern tank is is likely to be a quite a big toy and big equals good for many buyers. Larger tanks give the feeling of getting more for you money, kids like big toys and big guns (and so do I) and it will look good next to the 1/16 Abrams on the shelf.

For various Asian countries the economy is weathering quite well, domestic purchases of luxury items in China is soaring. That includes toys. So a tank serving in the PLA is probably a very clever investment for them. They already do a small scale Type 90 tank so technically they could easily produce a larger tank the problem is it would probably be less popular than many others with the exception of Japan.

Pah co chu puk has a very good point, you can't really release too many different tanks because eventually you will have to retire some of the less popular tanks as it will be too expensive to keep the tooling and production up for them. I am surprised they haven't already but if they did it wouldn't be the original Panther which is still a popular tank.

Regarding the political side of it, what a lot of Chinese factory labourers are paid would constitute as slave labour by western standards. Especially when you consider the long working hours.

Old 10-13-2011, 10:10 AM
Rex Ross

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I have been reading the postings on this subject with great interest. I agree with a lot of the comments and complaints, and I sympathize with a lot of the wishes for new tanks. I wish I had an answer that would make us all happy........or at least........ME.

I try to remember.....I do this for a hobby. It's supposed to be fun, not frustrating. If it ain't available as an RTR model, or as a kit, and if I gotta have it......scratchbuilding works for me (and if you want to have fun getting freakin frustrated, scratchbuilding is the answer).

Things are a heck of a lot better than they were 15 or 20 years ago. I can't imagine what will be produced in the next 5 or 10, but it's gotta improve.

Just my two cents worth.....
Old 10-13-2011, 01:06 PM
Panther F

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:
ORIGINAL: Rex Ross

I have been reading the postings on this subject with great interest. I agree with a lot of the comments and complaints, and I sympathize with a lot of the wishes for new tanks. I wish I had an answer that would make us all happy........or at least........ME.

I try to remember.....I do this for a hobby. It's supposed to be fun, not frustrating. If it ain't available as an RTR model, or as a kit, and if I gotta have it......scratchbuilding works for me (and if you want to have fun getting freakin frustrated, scratchbuilding is the answer).

Things are a heck of a lot better than they were 15 or 20 years ago. I can't imagine what will be produced in the next 5 or 10, but it's gotta improve.

Just my two cents worth.....

What he said!

Also on another note. I cannot have 'em all and I am very happy to have what I have. Keeps me busy and off the streets! (LOL) Just imagine if everything that we/I wished for was released? I'd be even more frustrated because I couldn't get them all. And my list is expensive too. That's why it takes so long for me to get one done, I don't back away from the detailing and really want the tank to NOT look like everyone else's either.

So take a deep breath, detail the one you're working on even more and save your cash. You might just get what you wish for!

~ Jeff
Old 10-13-2011, 06:22 PM
Martellus

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I would love a t90 or bmp or centurion. Probably more.
Old 10-20-2011, 05:55 AM
Oracus

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:
ORIGINAL: no12skyline

I'd rather Heng Long stop making the M41 and Pantiger, so they can have some space on their production line for modern armor. Heck, I'd even settle for a T72.
+1 on the T72 or anything modern! I agree its a new tank so thats cool enuff for me. Im still holding out for any Abrams version or M88 that is reasonably correct.
Old 11-06-2011, 06:25 AM
hiramekisama

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Well, I see this website is selling it: http://www.hobbyraw.com/item.jsp?id=144&cid=20

$179 + $69 stiff shipping.

The paint job is fugly, maybe even worse than the HL KT.
Old 11-06-2011, 07:15 AM
takevin

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Your right on that, the paint is uglier, as said I would like to see some WWI tanks would be cool, think older tanks in those era or WWII have more character.
Old 11-06-2011, 07:49 AM
wsn123

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Is it known when the "A" version od ZTZ99 will be released by HL?
Old 11-06-2011, 07:16 PM
TeTris MoNk

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Dont get rid of the Bulldog. Yes it is the awkward tank out being the only Vietnam era tank... but come on people... don't put the dog down
Old 11-08-2011, 06:06 PM
Panther F

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Any news on this being released here in the USA?

~ Jeff
Old 11-08-2011, 08:21 PM
Panther G

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I'm buying one when they come out. Modern armor is modern armor. No matter which tank it is. i have an Abrams and LEO so this is a good addition too that era.
Old 11-12-2011, 06:28 AM
Panther F

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Ran across this video of the T-99:

[link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfZPhjVPwro]T-99[/link]

~ Jeff