Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

ELMOD sound

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2011, 02:58 PM
Darryl Usher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ELMOD sound

What controls the sound volume? Nothing changes after you set the idle volume.
You can hear the RPM change but it is at the same sound level.
Darryl Usher
Old 10-30-2011, 06:58 PM
yellowshaker
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: ELMOD sound

I am not sure I understand your problem. There is a volume control knob on the elmod unit. Is this what you are asking?
Old 10-30-2011, 07:03 PM
Buckeye36
My Feedback: (3)

I think he wants the volume to increase with the RPMs.
Old 10-30-2011, 08:58 PM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yellowshaker is the guy for this one. I haven't done any El MOD stuff for awhile. Could be you have to record you accelerate portion of your sound clips at a louder level?
Old 10-30-2011, 09:00 PM
yellowshaker

Possible...what sound files are you using? Need to start from the beginning if I am going to be able to help you out on this.
Old 10-31-2011, 08:12 AM
texchap

Phil at RCTANKWARS works with El-Mod.   I suggest contacting him.
Old 10-31-2011, 08:25 AM
Darryl Usher

I have tried two, T34 and M26 both have the same sound volume. When the engine starts I adjust the volume to a soft volume like when your next to a tank that running about 800 RPM.
When you fire the cannon you can hardly hear it. I feel the cannon and MG should be loud whether you parked or running all out.
I can hear the RPM increase and squeaking but at the same low level as I move throttle forward. When I first tried it on carpeted floor the tracks made more noise than the sound system.
The sound is by ELMOD.
I think the sound volume should go up about 300 % when your wide open but not the cannon.
Thanks
Darryl Usher
Old 10-31-2011, 09:07 AM
blitzkrieg65

Hey Darryl,

What you are wanting to do is amplify certain parts of sound files or a sound file. I know you can amplify the cannon sounds, so you should be able to do others in the same way. You can hear some examples to my, Panther G, Customers Jagdpanther, (Loud as Tamiya) King Tigers or Sherman, or even the M-16 on my youtube video (rctankwars) I have had all those cannon fire sounds amplified by Joe " Yellowshaker" on the forum. If anyone can do it he can, and he is very helpful.

thanks,

Phil

Old 10-31-2011, 10:41 AM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Somewhere in the El MOd literature it discribes the process of making sound files. I tried finding it on their site, but couldn't . It may be in the software manual, where it explains how to manipulate files using the software. I vaguely remember there is a value address in the sound file script. Again sorry for being so vague, but I never really got into it that much. You might trying downloading their Software manual, and looking for it there. So I think it can be done, I am just not sure on the details on how to do it.

Dan
Old 10-31-2011, 03:04 PM
yellowshaker

Ok, well in order to have some sounds louder than others, you will have to amplify these sounds. I use Audaccity to do this, and it is a learning curve, but doable. You need to add the sound file you want to amplify into audacity and then save the amplified version of the sound to your computer. You then add the file back to the soundcard. (make sure you delete the original file name from the card first.) As I said, it is a bit of a leanring curve to manipulate the sound files, but can be done. One thing to make sure of is to gradually increase the sound in Audacity because it will become distorted if amplified too much. trial and error is part of this adventure. If you need any help feel free to pm me.