Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Time for a TAMIYA Tank.

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2011, 03:54 PM
ROLLIN ARMOUR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Time for a TAMIYA Tank.

I am going to purchase a Tamiya KT or M26 Pershing. I have a Heng Long new in the box Panzer IV F1 with all metal upgrades I do not need. If anyone is interrested in purchasing a Panzer IV F1 contact me thru Email.
Old 12-21-2011, 05:10 PM
Pershing.Driver

Default RE: Time for a TAMIYA Tank.

Not that I am biased or anything but buy the Pershing!
Old 12-21-2011, 05:21 PM
texchap

I have both the KT and the Pershing. The Pershing is by far the most reliable of the 2. I love battling with it and it has never let me down. I've had issues with the recoil, elevation and traverse on the KT. I think it's because of the sheer size of the turret and barrel. I recommend the Pershing.
Old 12-21-2011, 05:33 PM
Airbrushler

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

i wish i could do that wake up one morning yawn brush my teeth and look in the mirror and say " I think I'll buy a Tamiya today!"...lol
no seriously i wish i could...lol
Old 12-21-2011, 05:58 PM
yellowshaker
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Can't go wrong with wither of them, IMO. I have both, and James helped me sort out the turret issues at Danville with the pershing. It mostly has to do with configuring the wiring correctly, but mine had a couple of other things too. It works great now. Thanks again, James!
The KT I bought new and built it ground up using a ton of aftermarket goodies from ETO and Daryl turner. I have no problem with the KT, aside from being afraid to break it at a battle day.
Old 12-21-2011, 06:07 PM
Panther F

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

ORIGINAL: yellowshaker

Can't go wrong with wither of them, IMO. I have both, and James helped me sort out the turret issues at Danville with the pershing. It mostly has to do with configuring the wiring correctly, but mine had a couple of other things too. It works great now. Thanks again, James!

Yeah, hard-wiring and use only one DEANS connector (for the battery) and eliminate the aluminum plate. I had EXTREME fun building my Pershing and look forward to my 2 King Tigers as well.

If you want a great battler, get the Pershing and enjoy the ride while you're building it.

~ Jeff
Old 12-21-2011, 06:36 PM
Rebellion13

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

ORIGINAL: Airbrushler

i wish i could do that wake up one morning yawn brush my teeth and look in the mirror and say '' I think I'll buy a Tamiya today!''...lol
I wish I could wake up in the morning and say-Hey my joints don't hurt

Cheers,
Wade
Old 12-21-2011, 06:49 PM
yellowshaker
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wish I could hti the lottery and not have to wake up[ in the morning...
In any case, any choice of tank you decide on will be alot of fun to build and run. Guys here on the forum know the ins and outs of the tamiyas very well, and they can help you to build the tank the right way, the first time. Just ask questions. Good luck and keep us posted.
Old 12-23-2011, 08:09 AM
thecommander

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Rebellion13

ORIGINAL: Airbrushler

i wish i could do that wake up one morning yawn brush my teeth and look in the mirror and say '' I think I'll buy a Tamiya today!''...lol
I wish I could wake up in the morning and say-Hey my joints don't hurt

Cheers,
Wade
I wake up in the evening and go to work when most people are sitting down to eat diner....what's up with that? []

PS Buy the Pershing
Old 12-23-2011, 11:05 AM
EOT

Geez Bob,

Untilt your clock and get it back in sync with the world and everything will be fine

Rollin Armor,

I do mainly German tanks but get the Pershing their a major thorn in my side too battle against especially
in the hands of someone like Pershing driver, Yellowshaker, Commander or..........Oh crap the list is too long[:@]

Mike                                                                                  EOT