Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Fan shot TBU option

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2012, 05:02 AM
dlobmwm3
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Fan shot TBU option

I've order the Turnigy chip from ETOArmor to make the tank more realistic.

ORIGINAL: pattoncommander

Jeff...moot point. Dana told me he is seriously considering the T-chip in the tanks there and he is going to check them out. Seems by the posts, that there is a general feeling towards realism. With so many tanks there with very fine detailing and historically correct markings etc, it stands to reason that the owner would care to operate his/her realistic looking tank as the tank he has replicated.

There is a degree of talent required in anything and if tanks were set up to operate IAW what a particular tank is capable of doing, the owner would learn fast how to control and overcome some of the weak points. Ie; A Sherman, with it's unsyncronized 5 speed crash box and any tank with a manual transmission..(.all Soviets)...cannot possibly negotiate a pivot...and in running forward to reverse, there is a painfully slow period at a dead stop before the driver can jam it into gear.,..same with German armor....Panther, Tiger and KTs could pivot, but extremely slow. 3 point turns were very common...no other way..with tanks with a crash box.

Our Sherman crews overcame the problems of insufficient armor etc. by teamwork and tactical maneuvering. Same could be done with RC tanks...with someone owning a 75mm Sherman, Pz III, working with another tank(s) could take out a much more superior adversary though tactical maneuvering.

To me, it would be fun to run a lighter tank, operating with others with similar disadvantages, to confront a KT or JT with a huge gun but unable to effect a solid hit on lighter, faster mediums operating as a unit and lacking the ability of faster maneuving to get out of their way.. this of course without fan shots..