Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Dragon 1/6 Sherman Is Out Now!!!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Dragon 1/6 Sherman Is Out Now!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2012, 10:03 AM
Perry S.

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Dragon 1/6 Sherman Is Out Now!!!

I agree Dan, I think it could be RC'd. Not in the manner of just bolting in gearboxes and driving away though. It is basically a pretty plastic shell and some reinforcements would have to be made internally, maybe a metal or wood frame. I don't think it is right to say it is too hard and throwing lofty numbers out there. Someone will always tell you a million reasons why it can't be done. So what if the idler could break off. Replace it. How many of us run aftermarket idlers in even our HL ot Tam tanks. Tracks could be a sticking point but not a show stopper. It would just take the typical craftyness and innovation I see demonstrated here all the time. If someone wants to just buy all the parts and bolt them together, probably not gonna happen.

It's too big for me though and I won't be pursuing one. My Stuart's were too big and tended to be more trouble than they were worth. Just my personal opinion. Obviously, others will differ.

Perry

Old 02-08-2012, 10:08 AM
MAUS45

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

I think the most weight savings one would find, for this beast, would be the use of Liplo batteries. A 12 volt Liplo will weigh about 1/4 to 1/3 the weight of it's sealed lead acid counter part. I also think the use of PVC sheet to strengthen the hull would help keep the weight from going up as well. Still would need to work the suspension though.
Old 02-08-2012, 11:29 AM
mustclime

You want a big model tank? Here's a big model tank......its even a sherman.....

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlUbZhsxcWI[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mg6hJ-Re9A&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhBcN2V9WDU&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL[/youtube]

Old 02-08-2012, 01:22 PM
rivetcounter

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

What’s the point it’s a Sherman and its cheap 800€ some are just too blinkered to see the light, I should know better.
Vantex 1/6 Sherman 1200€ http://www.fuyuanrc.com/en/detail.asp?id=17337 electric version delivered for this price, this version could very easily be converted to a Firefly they also do an M10 Achilles and I think another 2 Sherman variants so this must be good, soon they will release an initial early 43 Tiger I, now very soon some plank is going to say the Dragon version is the better buy for RC.
Old 02-08-2012, 01:48 PM
karel47

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you are quite right mark, for that money you get metaltracks and metal suspension and duralu chassis
Old 02-08-2012, 04:28 PM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Some plank may suggest buying the much better detailed Dragon and then buy parts from the Fuyan to RC the tank.
Old 02-08-2012, 04:37 PM
herrmill

Received 63 Likes on 47 Posts

Or buy the Fuyuan & detail it from ECA or any of the following vendors:

http://www.sixtharmygroup.com/forums/links

Here's an informative build thread involving one:

http://www.sixtharmygroup.com/forums...k-project.html

Of course, if you just want a nicely detailed ALL METAL Sherman, Verio still has a few left in their showroom for only $5,400.

http://www.tankmodel.com
Old 02-08-2012, 06:26 PM
Perry S.

Not sure what'd I'd do but I'm pretty sure I'm a plank.

Perry

Old 02-08-2012, 11:39 PM
rivetcounter

ORIGINAL: herrmill

Of course, if you just want a nicely detailed ALL METAL Sherman, Verio still has a few left in their showroom for only $5,400.

At last a sensible idea.

Yes Fuyuan will sell parts separate it called a full tank package
Old 02-09-2012, 04:15 AM
YHR

ORIGINAL: rivetcounter

At last a sensible idea.

Yes Fuyuan will sell parts separate it called a full tank package

So a $2300 tank that the vendor does not sell parts for is a sensible idea? Seems to be a problem with that logic . If what you are saying is true and Fuyuan does not sell parts I wish them well. The reason the Chineese toy manufacturer Heng Long has succeeded with these plastic toy tanks, is the fact that spare parts are available. IF you can't buy spare parts, this Fuyuan tank is really just a toy. For their sake, and anyone that buys one, I hope you are wrong. Otherwise you will soon have a $2300 static tank, and I don't see that as much of an option.
Old 02-09-2012, 04:30 AM
YHR

I viewed the informative build thread on the Fuyuan Sherman. Quite of bit of work is involved in getting this right. A little disappointed that the Boogie spring set up is so Unprototypical. Not really VVSS at all. More like a ASSS. Accutely Sloped Suspension System Thanks for these links, I have never really looked at 1/6 scale before
Old 02-09-2012, 05:25 AM
karel47

too big for me though
Old 02-09-2012, 06:11 AM
rivetcounter

I believe for those that can’t convert the price was 1300$ with shipping this is about what most spend on a Heng Long with all the metal bits and upgrades as for spare parts I thought it was third party companies and suppliers who broke tanks for spare parts as opposed to the mighty Heng Long supplying them in the first place that is.
Yes the detail is not perfect but I get the impression that if they gave the tank free plus 100$ most members still wouldn’t be happy and would scream it’s the wrong variant or the paint is glossy.
Old 02-09-2012, 07:07 AM
karel47

you can make something nice out of it, the price isn't that high it all up to the individual taste, i think it was intended that way, keep the price as low as they could, it is normal that an armortek will look better althought every big tank lacks a lot of detail, look at marks Tiger I , he added so much details on it an 1/35 detailed model looks basic in comparing to what he archieved on 1/6 ... so guy start buying and let see your talent and skills
every brand sell spareparts to his clients don't let some fool you , no one have handled with them so who could now say Fuyuan isn't worth the money, no one !

For Heng Long , you guy's now my point of vieuw its toyisch even upgraded it don't get even close to the tamiya quality for long time, but for beginners it is a good start
Old 02-09-2012, 09:39 AM
Panther G

I see this as a very good thing for the hobby. Especially if they are planning other models. Gives guys who cant afford the current 1:6scalestuff a chance to break into that scale even if it means reinforcing the hull and modding the suspension. Drive systems would actually be easy as there are already many ways to do it currently available.
Old 02-09-2012, 09:42 AM
karel47

yes that is, i had a PII from dragon it was a very strong chassis , i sold it again was to big for me, my kampfgrup is to big to let go
Old 02-09-2012, 11:14 AM
YHR

ORIGINAL: rivetcounter

I believe for those that can’t convert the price was 1300$ with shipping this is about what most spend on a Heng Long with all the metal bits and upgrades as for spare parts I thought it was third party companies and suppliers who broke tanks for spare parts as opposed to the mighty Heng Long supplying them in the first place that is.
Yes the detail is not perfect but I get the impression that if they gave the tank free plus 100$ most members still wouldn’t be happy and would scream it’s the wrong variant or the paint is glossy.

Hello Dan,
Thank you for your support on our products.
I'm glad to tell you that we just have started a new promotion.
Right the price for M4A3 Series and M36 is 1999USD ( shipping free).
Normally we use UPS to deliver the tank to USA, and the cost of shipping is around 350USD.
Before, our retail price is 2500USD.
We came out with this promotion since we are bringing out the tiger.
We like to draw enough attentions before that.
Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions on our products.
Look forward to your good news.
Kind regards,
Sharon,
Fuyuan R/C Model Co, . Ltd.

Not really a conversion problem. More just stating the facts from the last time I checked on these. In your own words from your own post you said these were 1200 Euros =$1600. I suppose if these aren't selling the price will keep dropping, so I will give you the benefit of doubt and assume these have dropped to $1600 since the last time I inquired.)

Mato was able to get spare parts from Heng Long. Last time I talked to Murphy they were getting harder to get though.

I thought of all people you would be less forgiving of Fuyuan's ASSS suspension then the rest of us.. The Dragon looks good though.
Old 02-09-2012, 02:08 PM
rivetcounter

The price was pulled from the links listed, I also have contacted Fuyuan and so have others funnily enough we have all had different prices and again if you contact them at a later date the price changes again especially when they think there is interest
Old 02-09-2012, 05:23 PM
herrmill

Received 63 Likes on 47 Posts

If I had pulled the trigger when they first came out, I could have gotten one for under $700. Inflation's been pretty bad over here...
Old 02-09-2012, 07:46 PM
MAUS45

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

Yes, herrmill, I watch the BBC America and they reported that just in China alone for the Month of January inflation rose .4%. Just waiting for inflation to start raising here in the U.S. I am going to try and buy what I can before it does. Need those dollars to stretch while they can!!!!
Old 02-10-2012, 03:12 AM
Panther F

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

Well, I changed my mind and I want a 1/6 Sherman to go with my twin M5 Stuarts but I'm with DirtyBird and that it's a waste if it cannot be Radio Controlled.

~ Jeff
Old 02-10-2012, 03:56 AM
STO_118

Meh people always say things, the Dragon Sherman is static only, yes you could convert it if you had the time, money and inclination personally I don't have the time and for the cost I would rather buy a performance classic car and spend my hours and money tinkering with that.

I would purchase it for static reasons because it does look to be a very nice model. That and if I did go to shows it would be a perfect center piece for a trade stand.

Regarding spares from Heng Long, yes they do provide spares and no I don't see them getting harder to get hold off. Although in many cases some of the spares purchased tend to be ripped from completed tanks. Price increases have started to affect the various 1/16th lines and a large variety of products, including tanks have been steadily increasing in price.

At the moment I tend to stock the majority of spare parts for the Tiger, other lines have a lot less interest in them so only the odd part is stocked.

I've been looking for a Stuart for the best part of a year now and we have seen maybe 2 or 3 on eBay UK in that time, getting someone to post one from the States is proving difficult! Recently finding people who will post anything internationally from the US has been a complete pain. Unless you want to pay $40 USD for a small carded figure.

Old 02-10-2012, 06:18 AM
YHR

I jokingly told my wife one of these Dragon's was on the way. To my surprise, I got a reaction I wasn't expecting. I think she has given up. Rolling of ones eyes, does not register as a no with me. hmmmmmmmmmmmm.
Old 02-10-2012, 07:51 AM
YHR

This is Dan's wife speaking. Rolling of ones eyes does not constitute a "Yes". Just thought I should clear that up.
Old 02-10-2012, 08:42 AM
Panther F

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

ORIGINAL: YHR

This is Dan's wife speaking. Rolling of ones eyes does not constitute a ''Yes''. Just thought I should clear that up.
ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go get it Dan!

~ Jeff

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.