Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

What should the next Tamiya Tank be?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

What should the next Tamiya Tank be?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2015, 03:02 PM
Merganser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Since Tamiya makes most of their money from cars and trucks how about some 1/16 WW2 trucks like a deuce and a half. There have to have been a dozen types that could all use the same frame. Tamiya already makes a 1/35 size plastic model so they have the research material at hand and they make a ton of tricks so the experience is there. Their line of semi-tractor trailers is almost the same scale so they might even be able to use some of the same parts. Selling to both military vehicle collectors and truck collectors would increase the size of the market. Alas, just a dream, but I can hope. jot
Old 01-30-2015, 10:07 PM
ROD L.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tamiya can increase their market by adding several other high quality detailed military vehicles which collectors and R/C people would like to have.

I am really interested in the Modern Era/ post war as I mentioned in my first reply. I don't want to take away from the World War 2 Era folks, but feel that to much attention has been given to World War 2 military vehicles. I'm sure there is a very large interest for today's armored vehicles a relative untapped market. I hope this New Year will bare fruit with the just released 1/16 Heng Long M1A2 Abrams and the British Challenger 2 also to be released sometime in the not to distant future, I hope.
Old 01-30-2015, 11:38 PM
cleong

Received 78 Likes on 64 Posts

Tamiya were ahead of the curve - they used to have the Kubelwagen, perhaps as an accessory to their King Tiger and German 1/16th scale figures. I don't see many tankers owning this - probably because the resulting diorama takes up too much space. It doesn't have any place in an IR battle, either. The lackluster sales probably discouraged Tamiya from putting out any more 1/16th scale soft-skins. They could have *easily* made their 1/14th scale tractor trucks (which came later) in 1/16th scale instead, so that both product lines could support each other - why did they not? I would have personally loved to have a M26 Dragon Wagon... in the end, for manufacturers, sales figures matter. They'll make what sell, not what makes seems to make sense.
Old 01-31-2015, 10:11 AM
Panther G

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Now since we are on the subject of trucks I will tell you the quickest way Tamiya could get some more of my money would be if the built a HEMTT or a WWII tank transporter or an M1070 .would really be nice to have some military trucks.