Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Tiger Day in the UK

Old 03-25-2012, 07:32 AM
Onondaga

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tiger Day in the UK

Wish I was going!! If anyone here is going please capture some High Def Stereo Sound for us, Thanks!

http://www.tankmuseum.org/ixbin/inde...record=ART3249
Old 03-25-2012, 09:34 AM
DJLaPalme

Default RE: Tiger Day in the UK

I am one of the three that I know are going to the Tiger Day exhibit. I know one of the three (not me) just purchased a new video camera and I bet that will be one of the things he accomplishes. I'm sure he will see this and respond. Dennis
Old 03-25-2012, 11:15 AM
thecommander

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: DJLaPalme

I am one of the three that I know are going to the Tiger Day exhibit. I know one of the three (not me) just purchased a new video camera and I bet that will be one of the things he accomplishes. I'm sure he will see this and respond. Dennis
I am one of the three that I know are going to the Tiger Day exhibit. I also know that one of the three (not me either) just purchased a new camera and I bet that will be one of the things he and I both acomplish. I also am sure he will see this and respond. Bob ECHO....... Echo...... echo....
Old 03-25-2012, 02:06 PM
Ex_Pat_Tanker

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts

I thought there was 4 of us going
I will have my old video camera, but I'll see what I can do... [8D]
Old 03-25-2012, 02:07 PM
Shark27

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

Onondaga,
I am the third of the group from the U.S.going, I bought a new HD video camera for the trip, so I should have some video of theTiger 1 runningas well as some great still pictures of it, as well as some of the other tanks in the museum at Bovington. We managed to getVIP passes so we are getting a behind the scenes view of the Tiger and meet the crew that restored it.
We are also planning to go to the museum at Saumur France as well as the Tank Museum at Munster Germany. Thiswill be a once in a lifetime trip. I hope to have lots of videos and pictures as well. If you are planning to go to the Extravaganza at Danville I will be there with the raw footage, for everyone to see,it will probably take a while to get it up on YouTube so your best chance to see it will be at the DanvilleExtravaganza. You should come for that event anyway since you are in Virginia, you're notmore than about threehours away from Danville. Here is a link to my YouTube page with some of my Tiger 1 video from Danville: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHuvt...5&feature=plcp
Can't wait to get there!
Steve

ORIGINAL: thecommander

I am one of the three that I know are going to the Tiger Day exhibit. I also know that one of the three (not me either) just purchased a new camera and I bet that will be one of the things he and I both acomplish. I also am sure he will see this and respond. Bob ECHO....... Echo...... echo....
Old 03-25-2012, 02:47 PM
DJLaPalme

I did not mean to slight you Martin. I know you and some of your friends are going to be there and I am looking forward to meeting all of you. I just meant the three of us from this side of the pond. Dennis
Old 03-25-2012, 04:22 PM
gorehound

Hi

I am going there too and picking up a new RC tank on the return journey home - feel just like a kid at xmas who's birthday is on boxing day . Maybe we will see each other at it? I am charging up my own camera too for the same reason.
cheers
Gorehound
Old 03-25-2012, 06:10 PM
thecommander

I did not mean to slight you Martin. I know you and some of your friends are going to be there and I am looking forward to meeting all of you. I just meant the three of us from this side of the pond. Dennis
I did not mean to slight you either Martin. I know you and some of your friends are going to be there and I am looking forward to meeting all of you too. I just meant the three of us from this side of the pond. Bob ECHO......Echo... echo....

PS Martin, I did not get a tally from you on how many in your group. Please sound off. I'm so excited about this I can hardly stand it. We were just speaking for our group from the "Colonies". I did plan on making a post this weekend about ALL of us meeting at Bovington and then some going on to visit Samur & Munster etc.... but Onondaga beat me to the punch [>:] the scoundrel.
Old 03-25-2012, 06:18 PM
thecommander

ORIGINAL: gorehound

Hi

I am going there too and picking up a new RC tank on the return journey home - feel just like a kid at xmas who's birthday is on boxing day . Maybe we will see each other at it? I am charging up my own camera too for the same reason.
cheers
Gorehound
Gorehound, I would throughly enjoy meeting up with you whilst (my feeble attempt at sounding British) we are at Bovington. Were you lucky enough to get a premiun ticket? We got ours back in November. When are you arrriving? Where are you staying? Can you tell me what a "bacon buttie" is? [:@]

Bob Held, NEAD CO
Old 03-26-2012, 01:56 AM
Ex_Pat_Tanker

There's only me going for the premium ticket, a couple of the other 1/16 UK club members will be there as well, but they'll be out in the cheap seats.
Old 03-26-2012, 08:02 AM
DJLaPalme

Gorehound, at the museum on saturday just look for three people that look like they are lost being led around by a local. Should'nt be hard to spot us. The accent might help too. Two of us will sound normal and the other, well you will know. Looking forward to having a great time and meeting some fine tankers. If there are any others from this side of the pond going speak up. It would be great to meet you too. Dennis
Old 03-26-2012, 08:20 AM
Ex_Pat_Tanker

I think I was about 7 the last time I went to the tank museum, so I'll likely be as lost as the rest of you... [X(]
Old 03-26-2012, 08:24 AM
Panther F

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

So, how much is this gonna cost the USA boyz ... round trip?

~ Jeff
Old 03-26-2012, 08:33 AM
DJLaPalme

Martin, what is the weather looking like over there and do you know the forecast? Dennis
Old 03-26-2012, 08:48 AM
DJLaPalme

With splitting room and rental car expenses, I am looking at approximately $3000.00 total. It is much more than I expected, not having been to Europe since the Navy paid my way back in 1978. But, as I keep telling myself, this is a once in a lifetime type trip. I can not wait to meet our tanker friends from across the pond and seeing as much of Europe as we can. It would be nice to meet Rivetcounter when we go to Munster too. I wish there where more people going. It will be fun. Dennis
Old 03-26-2012, 10:06 AM
Ex_Pat_Tanker

Predictably it will be nice all week, and then turn cloudy with a chance of showers on Saturday [:@]

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/...t_weather.html

Or they could get it wrong as usual...
Old 03-26-2012, 03:39 PM
gorehound

Hi All

I am also in the cheap seats but any seat is a good seat if the Tiger is on the prowl. I just replied to a PM from one of the other tankers and will hopefully arrange to meet up with whoever is up for it. I am going down with my good mate who is more into static modelling but you will easily spot us as we will be two tall chaps with thick Scottish accents who will be drooling at the mouth every time a tank rumbles past.

I am so exited about the coming weekend I am like a kid at Xmas. Not only do I get to see my all time favourite tank in action, I also pick up a new RC one on the way home.

And for Bob, a Bacon Butty is thin slices of deceased pig, fried in grease and put between two bits of bread, usually with tomato ketchup or preferably with Brown Sauce if you want to go for the whole British affair - It is a delicacy in the UK but not the healthiest of meals

cheers
Gorehound
Old 03-27-2012, 12:42 AM
thecommander

Thanks Gorehound.

I'm sure many of us will be drooling profusely where ever we are spectating from. I hope to meet many RCU members as well as friends for some other forums there. We will keep an eye out for you two lost souls. I doubt I'll bring a tank home but I may bring one to leave there.

As for the bacon butties...I just may try the full Monty breakfast...ham, jam, bangers & tea. I am very German but my appetite is decidely international. It the brown sauce like Marmite or Vegemite?
Old 03-27-2012, 01:37 AM
AFV432

forget the bacon butties i prefer my "holiday breakfast" of a Full english
2eggs 2bacon 2 sausages 2 hash browns mushrooms,Black pudding beans and a grilled tomatoe

i prefer brown sauce on my full english it's a kinda cross between barbecue sauce and tomatoe sauce
Old 03-27-2012, 08:30 AM
abo

I'm very envious, going to the museum sometime in September, there my be another Tiger day then I think. AFV, that breakfast is the one to have, sets you up for the day, just makes you the western worlds leading contender for a thrombosis! If you're renting a car guys, factor in the gas costs, its round about $10 a gallon here now!
Old 03-27-2012, 04:47 PM
torpedochief

take lots of pics guys!!
Old 03-27-2012, 09:35 PM
thecommander

Thanks AFV & abo.

Are you guys going to Bovington for this event? Our USA trio would enjoy meeting any RCU members on our armor tour of Europe. I'm a steak & eggs with home fries type of guy or Taylor ham, egg & cheese on a soft roll if I'm on the move.

Will do on the pix Don..... I love photography (as if you couldn't tell by my RCU posts....) and Steve is a pro.
Old 03-28-2012, 04:41 AM
DJLaPalme

I am an amateur with a camera, but with the capacity of approx. 7,000 pictures, hopefully a few will come out. I can not believe I actually get on the plane today. Yahoo! Dennis
Old 03-28-2012, 07:47 AM
Panther F

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

Whoa! 3 grand! That's a lot of potatoes! But worth it considering.

Hope everyone has a fun and safe time there!

~ Jeff
Old 03-28-2012, 11:29 AM
gorehound

Hi chaps

I would be keen to meet any of you going there. You could pm us a phone number and we could arrange a meet with anybody attending who wants a get together?

Cheers
Gorehound

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.