Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

The Comet ... what we need in 1/16!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

The Comet ... what we need in 1/16!

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 01:27 PM
Rex Ross

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default RE: The Comet ... what we need in 1/16!

ORIGINAL: Panther F

ORIGINAL: AFV432

im with you on that one Jeff

C'mon h/long do the right thing and give us a comet[img][/img]

Alright now ... there's 2 (maybe 3) that want a Comet. Anyone else?

~~~~~~~

I checked around........my entire family and all of the people in my neighborhood want a Comet. Chalk up 247 more votes!

Then give us a Centurion next (or first).

~ Jeff
Old 03-27-2012, 02:07 PM
Panther G

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am gradually becoming more interested in modern armor. I have my HE Abrams, My HE LEO and a second HE LEO on order.
Once these tanks are configured the way I want them I believe I will be getting the new ZTZ99 from HL as this is the most modern armor available today. And not an unlikely opponent to either Germany or the USA. There are nice new electronics packaged out there to give me everything I need.
 My 2 HE LEO's with have YHR's new DBCRC3 in them.
as well as the ZTZ99
My HE Abrams will have a complete ECO El-Mod system in it.
So the powers that be have pretty much lost my interest in WWII era armor. It is cold war and later conflicts I am interested in now.
Old 03-27-2012, 03:37 PM
herrmill

Received 63 Likes on 47 Posts

True, a 1:16 Comet would be nice but who in the toy market is going to buy one?

Before simply posting your wishes in an open letter here to Heng Long's laoban who, by the way, I'm pretty sure doesn't spend much time read these forums, I'd suggest lobbying their larger customers and trading agents around the world who can help push this along. Its amazing what you can find out about who's buying & selling their tanks through doing a simple Google search.
Old 03-27-2012, 04:08 PM
DirtyBird69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I disagree...what we need is another Sherman or King Tiger.........

This was meant to be a joke...lol...I agree anything British would bespectacular!
Old 03-27-2012, 05:04 PM
Panther G

Uh No WE DONT . You can Make any Sherman you want from what is available and the same goes with the Tiger I or II
Old 03-27-2012, 05:24 PM
Captain Action

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would buy a Mato /HL ,Comet ASAP ,if they made one, any RTR Brit tank would be cool, and it would sell, i am sure.

No time for a incomplete kit (it does look nice ), I have no need for a T,what ever and I have the German tanks I like and so do many others.

..or a Lee or Grant would be good, after the Comet...
Old 03-27-2012, 05:54 PM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I am sure that KT they put out is flying off the shelves..................not

Listening to what the market wants can not be a bad thing can it????.

RE

I have a Comet kit. it has been on the shelf for a couple of years. Enough said. RTR Heng Long give you a fast fix, and then spur you on to a Kit bashing exercise..
Old 03-27-2012, 06:01 PM
Rebellion13

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Merkava

Cheers,
Wade
Old 03-27-2012, 08:44 PM
Strato50

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I would like a Comet

...Oooh or a Churchill :P
Old 04-01-2012, 05:24 PM
bigfiver69

How about a Cromwell?

I have recently gotten back to this after a long, long hiatus. Took it for a little shakedown run this afternoon, before I start putting the serious details on.

Runs well, have good traverse, and the gun has recoil! There's a build thread somewhere here on the forum.

Enjoy - love to know what you think of it so far. It's acting a little weird on the carpet, and it's way too fast. But it's British, it moves, and it goes 'bang!'

And yes... we need way more British Armour!!!!!!

Shep

http://youtu.be/VY8yPW8CEvQ
Old 04-01-2012, 05:59 PM
Panther F

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

That'll work too. Matter of fact, it's more WWII and so inspiring in the movie "Band of Brothers".

I just caught the YouTube video of the Comet and it being all metal was so overwhelming.

~ Jeff
Old 04-02-2012, 10:12 AM
Panther G

I have no less than 4 projects going now. that does not include the 8x8 HEMMT I'm building with a post on another forum. Scott you are still relatively new to this and you E-50 is very nice but it starts to get old to have to scratch build every tank you want that isn't in prodution. You'll learn.
Old 04-02-2012, 10:38 AM
mustclime

ORIGINAL: Panther G

I have no less than 4 projects going now. that does not include the 8x8 HEMMT I'm building with a post on another forum. Scott you are still relatively new to this and you E-50 is very nice but it starts to get old to have to scratch build every tank you want that isn't in prodution. You'll learn.
Totaly know where you are comming from....I used to start a bunch of projects at the same time when I was into modeling and managed to take 10 times as long to complete 4 projects. This time around I told myself one thing at a time.... but the list of what I want to do is getting longer....lol
Old 04-02-2012, 02:27 PM
Panther G

And it will. My list is so long I cant even remember half of what i want to build. But, the need to build it is the part that is getting old. If HL would simply listen to the market end user for a change they could really set them selves apart from the other manufacturers.\
It would really only take one or two models to really increase the interest in this hobby.
Old 04-04-2012, 05:15 AM
STO_118

I've not had any problems selling the KT by HengLong and neither has any other company in the UK, in fact one of the bigger importers of this tank is flying through their stock.

A few people on an RCforum where the RCTank part of said forum appears to be the minority is not their market. While Iwould love to see Britsh WW2 armour I've recently advised Mato not to make them. Simply put none of the tank manufacturers can afford a flop right now. A comet may appeal to a small minority of enthusiast but you/we are not the main buyers of these tanks.

It is an easy mistake to make, you like tanks. You spend a lot of money on tanks so therefore you must be the market. Unfortunately it doesn't work that way. It doesn't seem to matter how many times it is stated these threads continually pop up.

At the moment I've given some of the companies a number of possible suggestions that may sell well, most of which are post war tanks from the Cold War era as well as modern MBT's. There is little point in a company releasing a tank that has been done which is why Iwas wondering why HLare doing a Leopard 2 so I am trying to either get new tanks that can fit tanks currently in production or for new tanks completely that have never been done before.

Old 04-07-2012, 05:04 PM
(RC)Tanker

Correct me if these are available
British A34
A 30 Challenger
Comet
Churchill VII
Cromwell
Russian
T34
IS2
KV 85
American
T95
Hellcat
Jackson
M10
German
Panzer VI J
Stug 4
Panzer IV 70 A or V
ROF pak 40 mount
Hetzers!!! Hetzers gonna hetz!!!

Anything worth mentioning that I missed?

Old 04-07-2012, 05:57 PM
Captain Action

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

..STUART... M5.......The Brits used them too...
Old 04-07-2012, 06:24 PM
YHR

ORIGINAL: STO_118

I've not had any problems selling the KT by Heng Long and neither has any other company in the UK, in fact one of the bigger importers of this tank is flying through their stock.

A few people on an RC forum where the RC Tank part of said forum appears to be the minority is not their market. While I would love to see Britsh WW2 armour I've recently advised Mato not to make them. Simply put none of the tank manufacturers can afford a flop right now. A comet may appeal to a small minority of enthusiast but you/we are not the main buyers of these tanks.

It is an easy mistake to make, you like tanks. You spend a lot of money on tanks so therefore you must be the market. Unfortunately it doesn't work that way. It doesn't seem to matter how many times it is stated these threads continually pop up.

At the moment I've given some of the companies a number of possible suggestions that may sell well, most of which are post war tanks from the Cold War era as well as modern MBT's. There is little point in a company releasing a tank that has been done which is why I was wondering why HL are doing a Leopard 2 so I am trying to either get new tanks that can fit tanks currently in production or for new tanks completely that have never been done before.

I heard from a fairly reliaible source that they are not happy with the sales of the KT. He has supplied me with very accurate information before.

Curious to know how you decided that a cold war tank would sell better then a British WWII tank or the mulitude of other WWII armor that has not been done yet. I am curious, who exactly does make up the Heng Long market, and why would they prefer a cold war tank over a WWII tank? IS there some reason their major market who I guess we are not a part of wants a cold war tank? RCtanker put together a pretty good list of all the WWII armor that has not been done, and there are some good examples of tanks that IMO would sell well.

IF you really want a sales success put out a Warcraft tank with Nightelves, Dwarfs and Gnomes as a crew. Then you will tap into some real sales potential
Old 04-07-2012, 07:39 PM
tomhugill

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Well I think a t72, chieftain, m60 etc could be popular, a decent Abrams or chally 2 would also be awesome
Old 04-07-2012, 07:44 PM
tomhugill

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Btw YHR does your source have any info on how the ztz-99 is selling?
Old 04-07-2012, 08:58 PM
YHR

ORIGINAL: tomhugill

Well I think a t72, chieftain, m60 etc could be popular, a decent Abrams or chally 2 would also be awesome
Abrams and Challenger, T72, all with battle history would be well received.

Re ZTX 99

I'll ask
Old 04-07-2012, 11:07 PM
whiteknight1066

I'll throw in a vote here for Model Master's Russian Green color. Looks pretty good, IMHO.
Old 04-08-2012, 06:07 AM
(RC)Tanker

Maybe some experimentals?
Brit A34
Tortoise
US T28/T95
T29
Russian T-43
IS-85
IS-3
German
Tiger P
E series
Maus
Old 04-08-2012, 08:41 AM
Perry S.

I'm getting tank overload with what's out there already. I bet if the slate was wiped clean as if none had existed before and we were asked to come out with the ten tanks we wanted as a group we would come up with what is out there.
Not a huge fan of off the shelf versions of every tank. What would drive us to scratch build and model things ourselves?

Perry
Old 04-08-2012, 01:54 PM
Rex Ross

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

ORIGINAL: Perry S.

I'm getting tank overload with what's out there already. I bet if the slate was wiped clean as if none had existed before and we were asked to come out with the ten tanks we wanted as a group we would come up with what is out there.
Not a huge fan of off the shelf versions of every tank. What would drive us to scratch build and model things ourselves?

Perry
~~~~~~~

Perry........

I'll bet there are many who would agree with you ......... in my case, many years ago I became I tired of taking parts out of a box, gluing them together, or buying something manufactured, and ending up with tanks that everyone else had. I really wanted something that no one else on this planet (or the universe) had. I quickly found out that I never had an original thought in my life on this subject, and the world is full of incredibly talented and artistic scratch model builders. Dang, even as an ameteur I was not alone on this way of thinking. At this point I now search for even more obscure (and maybe unpopular) models of AFVs...... just to have something "different". I still buy RTR stuff from Heng Long, and kits from other sources, but scratchbuilding weird/unusual/never was/what if/or just plain goofy things really makes my day. Or maybe more accurately, makes my two months, because that seems to be my average scratchbuild time (being a retired old phartt with nothing else to do helps out a lot here).

Like a lot of other guys, I cannot understand why there are no WWII British tanks out there. Or French, or Japanese. Don't forget the Stuarts, or a Chaffee ....... I guess those tanks just would not make the corporate profit margin happy.

If ya want something bad enough, try to build it. Waiting for it to be maufactured RTR for $150 probably ain't gonna happen.

Just my opinion.........
Rex

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.