Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

So what will YOU do with your mega millions winnings

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

So what will YOU do with your mega millions winnings

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2012, 09:46 AM
Tanque

Received 95 Likes on 82 Posts
Default So what will YOU do with your mega millions winnings

I'm not usually given to fluffy posts but I'm in a fanciful frame of mind.

So what tank related escapade would YOU embark on should you win 260 million after taxes?

Have a Tiger I in 1:1 scale built from scratch?

Buy one of every tank ever made?

Start your own model manufactury?

This isn't a solicitation for altruistic, charitable ideas but rather a me- first I wanna do sort of thing.

The more far fetched the better....

Jerry
Old 03-30-2012, 10:12 AM
MAUS45

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts
Default RE: So what will YOU do with your mega millions winnings

I think it would be cool to have a real 1:1 StuG III G. It seems to bee an easy to maintain tank. After that maybe every Tamiya Full Option Kit with every after market add on that could be had. Lots of Asiatam upgrade for the HL's I own and want to buy. And the big dog..... a 1/6th scale StuG III G from R/C Armory if they ever release it and a 1/6th scale Panther from Armortek. Then retire form work to build all this stuff and travel to Danville or[8D] any battle reenactments to play with my 1:1 StuG III G!!!!!
Old 03-30-2012, 10:17 AM
Perry S.

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd buy the house next to my bosses and let the local motorcycle gang live there for free.

Perry
Old 03-30-2012, 10:23 AM
yellowshaker
My Feedback: (1)

Well, being out of work currently, this would help to pay some bills first...then I would buy a very large piece of property where I would build a house, out back would be a very large garage for all the custom mustangs and corvettes to sleep in and work on. Then next to it would be the tank restoration building...1:1 scale of course. Out back I would set up another building with a dedicated battlefield for NEAD and any other clubs who wanted to attend, complete with a workshop and parts stock room for all rc tanks.
Providing the porperty was large enough, I would also have a drag strip built to pass the time when the tanks weren't being battled. that would be a whole lot of fun for everyone. I could then roll out of bed and fall into whatever hobby caught my attention that day. Figure, I would be broke in a year and looking for work again....but it would be fun while it lasted LOL
Old 03-30-2012, 10:29 AM
mustclime

lol, the odds of winning are 170,000,000 to one...that being said, I would have a slightly updated verson of a king tiger built(1:1 scale), figure 50 mill would cover that.....buy a ranch in montana(10-15 million)and use the 88mm for deer hunting...that and keeping those dam kids off my lawn.
Old 03-30-2012, 10:36 AM
Tjettzky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First thing I'm gonna do is pay off my student loans. Hopefully there will be enough left over after that to take the wife out to dinner...
Old 03-30-2012, 11:18 AM
TheBennyB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm in the same boat as Joe, build a r/c utopia.  Then purchase a controlling interest in Tamiya and get some interesting molds going in 1/16.
Old 03-30-2012, 11:22 AM
TheBennyB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn, doubt 250 million would be enough to get control of Tamiya.

Old 03-30-2012, 01:02 PM
Green Amphibian

I think I would spend some on rc tanks, wild women ( after the divorce ), and the rest I would spend foolishly.
Old 03-30-2012, 01:03 PM
karel47

nothing fancy for me sloping my house and build a bigger with a hobbychamber so that i can expose my stuff instead of putting it in clear plastic boxes and maybe a mustang would be nice near my 1/18 collection stangs of autoart en 1/12 corvettes
Old 03-30-2012, 01:25 PM
Rex Ross

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I would buy Jacques Littlefields stuff.
Old 03-30-2012, 01:52 PM
mordock999

I'd buy every 1/16 scale RC Tank Tamiya ever made. Twice!

I'd by 3 collectable IMAI Elephant kits. Then BUILD them just to piss off Collector/Investors.

But mainly, since I live a Class 3 friendly state, I'd buy transferable MGs like, FG-42 (Types I & II), an MG 42, an MG 34, an MP 28, an MP 18 and a Johnson LMG.

But, course, I'm dreaming.....,
Old 03-30-2012, 02:08 PM
WhiteWolf McBride
My Feedback: (3)

*sigh* Thought about this all too often, but our lottery pots ain't that high, 50 mil or so tops.

Firstly, pay off parents house, as I owe Dad for looking after me when I was sick. Then, put most of the rest in the bank, so I can live off the interest. Then buy an economical small van for carting my R/C models about, and a place to live with lots of space nearby to run my beasties.

And then I splurge on one of my dream R/C's: Peter Mueller's Faun SLT 50-2 'Elefant' 8x8 w/ trailer (http://www.sonderfahrzeug-modellbau....23a/index.html)

Then ask Tamiya and the IDF how much to get the rights to have Tamiya make their Merkava 4 in 1/16 scale. Heck, the German modellers supposedly did it for the 2A6, so why not sommat else?

Oh, and see how much to ~pay~ to get a gut transplant, so I can survive long enough to enjoy my moolah. Yea, they do it. They can transplant almost everything 'cept the brain these days.

Anything left off the 'interest' on the dinero buys me more Tamiya tanks, and some more boats, and I try to learn how to handle choppers.

Oh, and a few more siamese cats. Can't have just one, nope.
Old 03-30-2012, 02:26 PM
Rex Ross

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

ORIGINAL: mordock999

I'd by 3 collectable IMAI Elephant kits. Then BUILD them just to piss off Collector/Investors.

But mainly, since I live a Class 3 friendly state, I'd buy transferable MGs like, FG-42 (Types I & II), an MG 42, an MG 34, an MP 28, an MP 18 and a Johnson LMG.

~~~~~~~

I agree about the Johnson LMG.
Old 03-30-2012, 03:17 PM
Tanque

Received 95 Likes on 82 Posts

ORIGINAL: mordock999

I'd have to set up a second residence in a Class 3 friendly state; I'd try to find a Lathi 20mm as good as the one I foolish sold in the late 1970s. ( I had it when this state still allowed them).

"I'd buy transferable MGs like, FG-42 (Types I & II) " <- just finding these will cost a bundle; what did they make like only 1,000?

I would buy Jacques Littlefields stuff.
I'd also follow Rex's idea any try to convince Littlefield's heirs to sell me the Panther, StuG III, Pershing, SdKfz 8 halftrack
and Chaffee; oh yeah and maybe a T-34, Hetzer and PzKw IV....

I'd create multi scale ( 1/10 and 1/16 ) running area to simulate Normandy, Kursk, North Africa and Central Italy, with towns, bridges, animatronic special effects, mine fields, electric lighting ( for buildings, streets and etc) FPV and remote cameras all over and live steam engine driven railroads appropriate to the scale as well as a lake with functional transports.

And that's just for starters...

I'd probably hire folks to execute my 1/10 model projects the way I want them.... just to save time.

jerry
Old 03-30-2012, 03:31 PM
Airplanes400
My Feedback: (349)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I always wanted a real F-16 and a T-38 Talon. So, I'll get one of each. I think I'll also need to buy a large hangar to store them in. Don't want people playing with my toys when I'm not flying them!
Then I can sell off all my R/C jet toys.

Who needs toy jets when you have real jets? Besides, a real T-38 will attract a lot more beautiful women than a model T-38 ever can! I'm sure I'll get a lot more beautiful women / models!

I'd rather have a female model than a model toy any day!!!
Old 03-30-2012, 04:23 PM
Rebellion13

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

I would wipe my *** with Franklin's

Cheers,
Wade
Old 03-30-2012, 05:09 PM
mordock999

[quote]ORIGINAL: Tanque

I'd have to set up a second residence in a Class 3 friendly state; I'd try to find a Lathi 20mm as good as the one I foolish sold in the late 1970s. ( I had it when this state still allowed them).

*I foolishly sold an MG 42 a few years back. Needed the dough. Been kicking myself ever since.

''I'd buy transferable MGs like, FG-42 (Types I & II) '' <- just finding these will cost a bundle; what did they make like only 1,000?

I the German's made 2,000 Type Is nd 5,000 type IIs. Actually the Type IIs have been offered for sale at auctions several types in the last few years. And yep, they went for WELL over 100K. I've seen a Type I offered for sale in THIS country. If you get the book "Death From Above" there is a Lawyer that has over 15 (!!!!!) FG 42 Types Is and IIs!!!

Old 03-30-2012, 05:44 PM
52larry52
My Feedback: (1)

I'd fill the gas tank on my pick up so I can go flying tomorrow. ( thats probably all it would do after taxes)!!!
Old 03-30-2012, 05:44 PM
TeTris MoNk

I'd buy a 1/2 scale Leopard 2. And a Jeep Wrangler.... something like this
Old 03-30-2012, 05:46 PM
Old MSgt

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

I'd buy me'n my little sweetie some new underwear!... And a new stool for the garage!... And a jar of Penrose hot sausages! (and crackers!)

...then we'd drank some beeeers and think on it a spell...

Mike
Old 03-30-2012, 06:03 PM
bowlman

Received 85 Likes on 69 Posts

buy some land build my dream house and build my own in door battle ground in a pole barn were club can meet all year round .

jimmy
Old 03-30-2012, 07:33 PM
Sunfirefoot
My Feedback: (30)

Sadly, I work for Scientific Games International and we over see the Lottery operations in the lovely state of Colorado, so i'm not even allowed to play.
Old 03-30-2012, 07:39 PM
DGUY
My Feedback: (9)

DISAPPEAR!!!
Old 03-30-2012, 08:15 PM
blakeketcham
My Feedback: (61)

I would buy so much RC **** that it would take up all my spare space. I would need another house for all of this stuff as my wife would not put up with all the RC stuff I got. Oh wait this is already the case. I guess nothing would change. Blake K

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.