Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

N.E.A.D.Battle this weekend Sunday the 15th of April

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

N.E.A.D.Battle this weekend Sunday the 15th of April

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2012, 06:38 AM
TheBennyB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: N.E.A.D.Battle this weekend Sunday the 15th of April

My only airsoft is a Sturmtiger packed away in storage.  If i get a chance I'll try and dig it out, but highly doubtful.

Old 04-12-2012, 08:24 AM
shenlonco
My Feedback: (2)

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Cool if you can bring it .....it would be a nice BIG target! LOL!!

ORIGINAL: TheBennyB

My only airsoft is a Sturmtiger packed away in storage. If i get a chance I'll try and dig it out, but highly doubtful.

Old 04-12-2012, 08:54 AM
Panther G

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

And i have been dying to get to use my great little PzIII again. It's an awesome little tank. With one nasty little gun on it too.
 The new ZTZ99 has a really good gun which is surprising considering how long the barrel is. The airsoft gun actually looks a little bigger and stronger than the older guns. I wonder if they upgraded them some?
Old 04-12-2012, 09:12 AM
shenlonco

Greg that looks sweet!!
I will bring some good high quality .20 Biodegradable BB's for us to use the extra weight makes em shoot lower and more acuratly.

I got to see what airsoft tanks i have ... Hope others bring some i really would like to try a real battle with the airsoft tanks... we probably would have to get with in 20ft of each other i bet to actually hit a tank.
Old 04-12-2012, 09:46 AM
Panther G

Your probably right Steve. The PzIII is more than capable of those ranges and so appears does the ZTZ99.
Old 04-12-2012, 09:48 AM
yellowshaker
My Feedback: (1)

Only thing airsof I have is a Thompson that does go full auto....Don't think I'll bring that out of the house though LOL
Old 04-12-2012, 11:55 AM
TheBennyB

You lucked out Steve.  Was able to grab the sturmtiger out of storage.  Not sure it's working though, hear start up sound but no movement.
Battery could be really low since it hasn't been run in 2 years.. Either way I'll bring it up to atleast have a target range for you guys to zero in your
airsofts.  Was thinking it will just stay in NJ if one of you guys want it to bash or battlefield scenery.
Old 04-12-2012, 12:03 PM
shenlonco

Hi it just might be the battery if you let it sit for 2 years try charging her up!!

You lucked out Steve. Was able to grab the sturmtiger out of storage. Not sure it's working though, hear start up sound but no movement.
Battery could be really low since it hasn't been run in 2 years.. Either way I'll bring it up to atleast have a target range for you guys to zero in your
airsofts. Was thinking it will just stay in NJ if one of you guys want it to bash or battlefield scenery.
Old 04-12-2012, 12:26 PM
TheBennyB

on the charger as we speak.  I'll check it later tonite since its just on the stock trickle wall charger.  Has the wierd 3 point plug which I don't have a lead made for on my charger.
Old 04-12-2012, 12:48 PM
shenlonco

That's good to use the stock one because after 2 years a good charger would probably just keep faulse peaking on that battery pack as it probably is all out of ballence now... the stock low amprage wall wort will do the job best.

I have my airsoft pershing and bull dog all ready to go!!

on the charger as we speak. I'll check it later tonite since its just on the stock trickle wall charger. Has the wierd 3 point plug which I don't have a lead made for on my charger.
Old 04-12-2012, 01:01 PM
PantherJon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

only thing I have that shoots is my .45....not sure if I should bring that...lol also I have a paintball gun but I am sure yall would get pissed with paint on the tanks...lol  .looking forward to Sunday am draining the battery on my tank right now to get a full charge.

Jon
Old 04-12-2012, 04:38 PM
mustclime

Well guys....here is your battlefield update...the track killer battle fields is not looking so good....I have sprayed 3 jugs(1.3 gallons each)of everything killerand the ground cover is still trying to grow....This is really depression to me. I know that this area could be the best battlefield around with about 20 man hours ofwork......anyway...i went over to the other sideof the now huge parking lot andspent a hour with my backpack leaf blower cutting pathes through straw and wood chips.....from what one the ballpark people told me , the town told the landscaping people that dumped the wood chips to clear them out. They kinda did...and dumped straw in its place....Not being a wiz with a leafblower, I just tried to "herd" the straw and wood chips into workable areas.....You guys want to fight there, bring a couple rakes....you will be fine.

I amsorry I can not get the ground really prepped for this months battle...maybe next month. I am planing on working on the track killer field over then next month, If I have to hardrake every root or weed out of that field, well blisters are good foryou. My plan , unless you guy do not want it, is to push back and out of that field 5-10 feet...If you want me to work on the other side....I am not going to be able to do much more than build piles to hide behind.....

take picks and let me know what you guys want.
Old 04-12-2012, 06:40 PM
yellowshaker

Guys, just a reminder for Sunday. As always, I can bring any items you may need from ETO and save the shipping costs for you. Place and order with ETO and let Bob know it is for the NEAD event Sunday. He will pass the info to me and I will bring the parts along that day. Thanks fellas and see you soon.
Old 04-13-2012, 04:28 AM
TheBennyB

Well Steve, looks like you'll have a moving broad side of a barn to shoot at. Sturmtiger is up and running.
Old 04-13-2012, 05:11 AM
shenlonco

Well Steve, looks like you'll have a moving broad side of a barn to shoot at. Sturmtiger is up and running.

Cool!
[&o] Don't know about Sunday though i think the weather says thunder storms!!!
Old 04-13-2012, 05:16 AM
TheBennyB

yea, last I saw it was only 30% chance though.  Guess someone should make a final call on saturday afternoon.
Old 04-13-2012, 05:23 AM
thecommander

ORIGINAL: shenlonco

Cool!
[&o] Don't know about Sunday though i think the weather says thunder storms!!!
Like Odball said..."Always with the negative vibes Moriarity".[:-]

Weather channel says upstate NY & PA to get the rain on Sunday and shows us clear... so we may get lucky. Cross you fingers Steve for blue skies.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp44793.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	5.0 KB
ID:	1749713  
Old 04-13-2012, 07:35 AM
PantherJon

Not to be a know it all Dork but 30 percent chance of showers actually means that 30 pct of the area they are speaking of will in fact get showers.  Many people think its like playing the odds n Vegas or AC.  Looking forward very much to sunday.  I am itching to build another tank as well. ...Man is this hobby crazy or what.

Jon
Old 04-13-2012, 08:05 AM
TheBennyB

Interesting, never knew that about weather %'s. Thought I would of come across that, had a roommate in college that watched the weather channel constantly, not for the local on the 8's either. Yup, haven't built a tank in over a year. Looking forward to getting into some projects this summer. Looking forward to seeing everyone on Sunday, hopefully.
Old 04-13-2012, 10:57 AM
PantherJon

Many Thanks to yellowshaker for letting me work the kinks out of my tiger and giving me my first official fight with the tiger.  All your help and advice has been appreiciated Joe.  Maybe there is an Elefant in my future lol.  I am busy figuring out how to recast that barrel and make like 100 for a fuel dump.  Many Thanks!! see ya  first thing Sunday !!

Jon
Old 04-13-2012, 12:42 PM
yellowshaker

No worries brother. Always fun to break in another tank. LOL Sunday should be fun.
Old 04-14-2012, 12:38 PM
thecommander

Hi Guys,
I'm watching the weather and will call Wayne and decide in a few hours. We may be able to use the underground parking garage at the Waldwick location. I was at Sherry field again yesterday and am going there right now. STAY TUNED>>>>
Old 04-14-2012, 02:14 PM
shenlonco

Guy's i think we should do this next sunday.... looks pretty bad here right now like it could just start raining at any time... and now the latest weather update for tonight and sunday don't look so good.
Old 04-14-2012, 02:33 PM
TheBennyB

Yea, thinking it's looking kinda sketchy to drive 2.5 hrs to sit in the rain.  Even if it's not actually raining, will be pretty sloppy I'm guessing.
Guess I'll just have to catch up with some of you in Danville.
Old 04-14-2012, 03:01 PM
CHIEFSONN

Ok guys it's a go for tomorrow rain or shine. we will be meeting @ Cruzin with RCs shop and it is located at 10 Franklin Tpk. in Waldwick, NJ.@ 10:00 am. It is only a few miles from the ballpark,as it appears sherry field is in rough shape. and it being in worse condition then our previous time battling. and as for our other site cruzin with rc, I was told the field out side is in fair good to shape,with a few spots of high grass,and if it should rain we can go to the under ground parking lot. So bring your air soft tanks If you have em,along with your ir tanks,we will have fun, as long as I owned my air-soft tanks I don't think I ever battled with them and I'm looking foward to doing it. besides bringing your tanks bring a table,chair and any houses,etc. and if you have things to sell bring it. this is a N.E.A.D. event and all our welcome. Sea you all there. Wayne

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.