Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Hooben t-55

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hooben t-55

I have just purchaced the ARTR hooben T-55 kit from rctank.de for the bargin price of £155 + shipping, so Im looking for advice from any members who have built one that could advice me to any potential issues when building that I should look for, or general good practice. Cheers!
    Tamiya:leopard 2a6, king tiger, Porsche king tiger, panther g, jagdpanther. Hooben: elefant, t-55. HL panther f, Jagdpanther

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Richard
    Multiple Shermans, Pershing, KV-1, King Tiger, Panther,Tiger 1,M1A1, PZW IV, ZTZ 99,Tiran 5, M-48

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Hooben t-55

I also suggest some upgrades for T-55 (but are pricely)

1.HQ T-55 Road wheels sockets 

http://www.rctank.de/product_info.php?cPath=23_105&products_id=1276

2. HQ T-55 Hooben Track Tensioning System

http://www.rctank.de/product_info.php?cPath=23_105&products_id=1275

3. metal tracks from Kenny Kong

or other upgrades?

http://www.rctank.de/product_info.php?cPath=23_105&products_id=1275

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Let us not forget the lone protester who held up a column or T-55s 23 years ago today in Beijing during the Tiananmen Massacre. The site now is home to a Rolls Royce dealer for the uber rich members of the CCP & their cronies.

A Chinese man stands alone to block a line of tanks headed east on Beijing's Cangan Blvd.
    in Tiananmen Square on June 5, 1989. Hundreds, possibly thousands of protesters were killed
    by the Chinese military on June 3 and 4, 1989, as tanks rolled into the square, crushing six
    weeks of unprecedented democracy protests in the heart of the Chinese capital. Dissidents
    and human rights advocates around the world will mark June 4, 2011 as the 22nd anniversary
    of China's bloody crackdown.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I'm kinda interested with this one as well...it would cost me around 350$ canadian...does it come with a remote control?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Patski

I'm kinda interested with this one as well...it would cost me around 350$ canadian...does it come with a remote control?

Nope, it's a real kit. Not an RTR.

~ Jeff
    Building the British Sherman Mk.III ~ Mid Production Sicily

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ok... I just bought a Panzer 3 and I have my KV-1...so I can run with one when the other is getting painted   I guess i'll pass on this one..(might not be able to get one later...but oh well!  i'll test my luck!)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: herrmill

Let us not forget the lone protester who held up a column or T-55s 23 years ago today in Beijing during the Tiananmen Massacre. The site now is home to a Rolls Royce dealer for the uber rich members of the CCP & their cronies.

A Chinese man stands alone to block a line of tanks headed east on Beijing's Cangan Blvd.
    in Tiananmen Square on June 5, 1989. Hundreds, possibly thousands of protesters were killed
    by the Chinese military on June 3 and 4, 1989, as tanks rolled into the square, crushing six
    weeks of unprecedented democracy protests in the heart of the Chinese capital. Dissidents
    and human rights advocates around the world will mark June 4, 2011 as the 22nd anniversary
    Herrmill, they are not T-55s, They are Type 59 which is copy of T-54.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: hulu

Herrmill, they are not T-55s, They are Type 59 which is copy of T-54.

what do you think this is, A tank site?
    That which does not destroy me just makes me more irritable

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: mustclime

ORIGINAL: hulu

Herrmill,** they are not T-55s, They are Type 59 which is copy of T-54.[img][/img]

what do you think this is, A tank site?*[img][/img]

Hope his feelings aren't hurt? At least we're not ALL know-it-alls, huh?

Well, except for one person ... Mr. Wikipedia Jr. Is that snide enough?

~ Jeff

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yes, I do realize Type 59 is the PLA version so please pardon the slight. I have been at the factory in Luoyang in Henan Province that cranked out a few thousand of them in its day.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

" That's a deep burn "!!!!

Ps as enjoyable as that detour was lets keep it on topic ta
    Tamiya:leopard 2a6, king tiger, Porsche king tiger, panther g, jagdpanther. Hooben: elefant, t-55. HL panther f, Jagdpanther

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I hope that they can continue to produce their products as they are about the only one that offer them in various forms, giving us the chance of purchasing them with or without certain features.

The T-55 or Elefant would be sorely missed.

~ Jeff

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I didn't have any major issues with my T55 and it was the first kit I'd built since my early teens so anyone with a bit more experience shouldn't have too many problems at all. As has been mentioned, the parts need some cleaning up, some more than others. I didn't have any parts that were unusable and after looking at photos of some of the first kits I can only assume quality has improved. If you do have any broken, missing or poorly formed parts Hooben are very good with replacements and your dealer should be able to get them for the cost of postage.
    Internal space is limited so that might influence your choice of electronics. The Hooben (SLU) gear fits in just but doesn't leave much room for a decent speaker. You may want to also consider some weight at the front because the motors/gearbox makes the rear end hang low.
    That's about all that springs to mind at the moment but if I think of anything else I'll add another post. Enjoy the build, looking forward to seeing the finished product.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I want to get this kit, but the 1100 I would be spending on it would take away from my project.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Why would it cost you £1100?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Does the track tensioner provide a larger range than the stock one?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

One build was 100% stock and I've had no problems so far. My only additions were some minor details like fuel lines on the external tanks and headlight cables, etc.
    That said, I did have recoil issues that turned out to be a faulty CPU. I'm currently waiting for a replacement and haven't run the tank for more than a few hours in total so it is possible some issues will develop with more run time but nothing thats obvious yet.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

It would cost me 1100 USD because I would want all the metal parts to go on it.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

What metal parts are these? By my reckoning the metal extras inc tracks are $200 tops!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

SubTotal:$1154.12

That was what the total was on their site for the tank and the stuff I want.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Your buying in the wrong place that's for certain. You should never buy these kits direct from the manufacturer. ETO can get you everything you need for far less than that. You just need to shop around. I also would not use the electronics package Hooben sells with thier kits, Ther are much better options.
    Tamiya Panther G, HL/Tamiya TigerI, WSN/HL T-34/85, WSN/Tamiya T-34/85, WSN/HL DBCRC2 T-34/85, HL/Tamiya Pershing, Mato/Tamiya Sherman,HL KV-1, HL Pz III, HL/Custom scratch JP, HE/Tamiya Abrams, HE/Tamiya LEO 2A5, Vs Abrams M1A1, Vs T-72, HL Bergepanthe

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Why would you buy everything off their site?! Thats not even the metal upgrades (aside from tracks). I pick mine up from the post oficice today so rather excited