Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Clark electronics TK20

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2012, 05:08 AM
Airbrushler

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Default RE: Clark electronics TK20

I'll be getting my Clark sometime today hopfully according to the tracking number
Old 11-05-2012, 03:46 PM
Airbrushler

does anyone have a picture showing what goes where on there board?
Old 11-05-2012, 03:51 PM
Rebellion13

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

AB,

Dont know if this will help, under the TK20 link on the left and you scroll down there is a pic and chart of what goes where
http://www.clark-model.com/eng/index_e.html

Cheers,
Wade
Old 11-05-2012, 04:06 PM
tomhugill

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Try the Clarke site, think there's a fair bit there!
Old 11-05-2012, 05:06 PM
Airbrushler

ORIGINAL: Rebellion13

AB,

Dont know if this will help, under the TK20 link on the left and you scroll down there is a pic and chart of what goes where
http://www.clark-model.com/eng/index_e.html

Cheers,
Wade
ORIGINAL: tomhugill

Try the Clarke site, think there's a fair bit there!

thanks i have just a regular DBC how do i go about hooking that up ?
Old 11-05-2012, 06:58 PM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The Clark unit has its own battle system. You don't need the DBC.
Old 11-05-2012, 08:29 PM
Airbrushler

ok but i don't know how to hook up the apple from the DBC will it work or do i have to get the HL or Tamiya one for the emmiter i don't have a connector the size for J1
Old 11-05-2012, 09:09 PM
Airbrushler

got the apple to work need a better connector fro that to just need to hook up the emitter and get a better speaker
Old 11-05-2012, 10:16 PM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The mini connector Clark uses are hard to come by, I just spliced in a larger pin socket to the Clark wiring to get away from those tiny connectors.
Old 11-06-2012, 04:24 PM
Airbrushler

aaaaaaaaaah found one i had an old remote control/charger for one of those micro helicopters and they use one of those small connectors for the charger plug so i have one now
Old 11-06-2012, 08:14 PM
Airbrushler

well mine is hooked up need to do some rearranging inside still

http://youtu.be/WzQJmDl7gwM
Old 11-07-2012, 01:42 AM
tomhugill

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Would there be any possibity of getting a video of it driving, especially the proportional steering?
Old 11-13-2012, 01:24 PM
Ten41

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Airbrushler-

Did you get a chance to test this out? Iliked the video.
Old 11-14-2012, 12:57 PM
wright 971

Hi Just been dong range tests of a early board(first batch)with the resistor soldered over,I am happy with the range I managed,80ft and ran out of flat ground it could be more.

Tested two types of emitter from Mapins CY85g and yh70m here is link for them http://www.maplin.co.uk/high-power-infr ... diode-2253
Spent money buying 5 CY85g and there crap max range was 36 ft so dont even buy these .
Now the good news The YH70m from Maplins was getting hits out to 80ft (could be more ran out of flat ground)This was test was done on a garage site on the bases where 10 garages once stood didnt get the tape out but the garages where the same has mine which is 8ft wide x10 = 80ft so this works out at 24 mtrs with a 4ft target area moved the tanks from side to side it was about 4 ft wide ,Had the emitter held in a clamp so not effected with a barrel or tank movement,or miss alinement of emitter in a tank or barrel shading.(note I only shot at one side of the impact apple for all shots to eliminate apple angle difference and to avoid angle defence and slope defence)

This range is better than i thought I would get I am one happy chappie now can fit these in any tank and if I am not hitting them at range its either me being a bad shot or the other bloke has a bad receiver.

regards pete
Old 11-16-2012, 06:53 PM
B.A.D.A.S.S.Force

I received my TK20E-T1 boards a couple days ago, a TK20E-RU board today, & just got the chance, along with a couple of Clark's high power IR010 IR LED emitters, to do a quick test.

For the sensors I had a standard Heng Long battle unit (HBU), & luckily for me, I also just got a Tamiya apple (TBU) in from the AAF Tank Museum today (super quick from purchase to door-step, thanks Karen), so I had more than just a Heng Long sensor to test.

I did this quick experiment outside in the dark tonight, using my Panther's lower hull as a target, just perching the connected apples on the rear of the hull by the exhaust, as parallel to the ground as I could get them to sit. My KV1 was used for the shooter, though the IR LED was mounted inside a small tube, 9mm from its opening, & just held in my hand for aiming.

Unfortunately, the ground
I used for testing only has about 50ft of almost perfectly flat cement, then some uneven gound extended beyond the cement. But I was still very happy with the results, & I can't wait to fully install everything into the tanks to do some proper testing, hopefully on an area with well over 90ft of flat ground. Just using the standard HBU sensor I was able to easily get hits at about 50ft with Clark's
IR010 IR LED. Using the TBU sensor, I was marking hits at over 95ft, though I have to say, the real issue I had at getting any hits, using either sensor at any distance greater than the 50ft, was more because I couldn't even see the target at longer ranges with the very low lighting in the area where I did my testing, that along with the more uneven ground I was on at those ranges ... so aiming was extremely difficult. I didn't manage to get any hits with the HBU past the 50ft, but I didn't really try too long either since I already got hits over 95ft using the TBU.

I'm expecting to get some TSAL5100 IR LED emitters within the next few days to test as well,
& those have a higher intensity with the same 20° angle as Clark's IR010 emitters, so even better ranges should be possible. IR range isn't a problem any longer.

~ Craig ~

Old 11-17-2012, 02:18 PM
sgn0921

ORIGINAL: B.A.D.A.S.S.Force

I received my TK20E-T1 boards a couple days ago, a TK20E-RU board today, & just got the chance, along with a couple of Clark's high power IR010 IR LED emitters, to do a quick test.

For the sensors I had a standard Heng Long battle unit (HBU), & luckily for me, I also just got a Tamiya apple (TBU) in from the AAF Tank Museum today (super quick from purchase to door-step, thanks Karen), so I had more than just a Heng Long sensor to test.

I did this quick experiment outside in the dark tonight, using my Panther's lower hull as a target, just perching the connected apples on the rear of the hull by the exhaust, as parallel to the ground as I could get them to sit. My KV1 was used for the shooter, though the IR LED was mounted inside a small tube, 9mm from its opening, & just held in my hand for aiming.

Unfortunately, the ground
I used for testing only has about 50ft of almost perfectly flat cement, then some uneven gound extended beyond the cement. But I was still very happy with the results, & I can't wait to fully install everything into the tanks to do some proper testing, hopefully on an area with well over 90ft of flat ground. Just using the standard HBU sensor I was able to easily get hits at about 50ft with Clark's
IR010 IR LED. Using the TBU sensor, I was marking hits at over 95ft, though I have to say, the real issue I had at getting any hits, using either sensor at any distance greater than the 50ft, was more because I couldn't even see the target at longer ranges with the very low lighting in the area where I did my testing, that along with the more uneven ground I was on at those ranges ... so aiming was extremely difficult. I didn't manage to get any hits with the HBU past the 50ft, but I didn't really try too long either since I already got hits over 95ft using the TBU.

I'm expecting to get some TSAL5100 IR LED emitters within the next few days to test as well,
& those have a higher intensity with the same 20° angle as Clark's IR010 emitters, so even better ranges should be possible. IR range isn't a problem any longer.

~ Craig ~

as a newbie to rc tanks this post tells me Jack sh! *

Old 11-17-2012, 02:26 PM
Baron Fel

If you read the whole post it tells you alot.

Tony
Old 11-17-2012, 02:37 PM
Airbrushler

ORIGINAL: Ten41

Airbrushler-

Did you get a chance to test this out? I liked the video.

i still haven't programed the board yet but sounds are cool with a better speaker
once i program the board i'll post update
Old 11-17-2012, 05:25 PM
B.A.D.A.S.S.Force

ORIGINAL: sgn0921

as a newbie to rc tanks this post tells me Jack sh! *
First off, my post wasn't made in response to any post you had made in this thread, & my post isn't in a thread started by you asking specific questions to be answered for a "newbie".

I also didn't realize that every post I make to this thread had to accommodate your lack of knowledge, or anyone else's lack of knowledge, for being a newbie & not understanding what's already being discussed in the thread.

If you need more explaining of a post someone makes on the forum, which absolutely does give many other people on this forum some useful information, but you don't know Jack sh!* what it means, you could try to show a lot less attitude with your reply, & just ask for a better explanation of what you didn't understand in a cordial manner. Besides, it's amazing how you single out my one post to criticize in this long thread, while there are many posts in it which would also tell you, a newbie, "Jack sh!*" ... like the very post before the one you quoted of mine, discussing the same type of technical details about IR emitters & range testing.

~ Craig ~

Old 11-17-2012, 05:39 PM
Rebellion13

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Very well put Craig, I was going to reply but my response would have been....well put it this way..less tactful

Cheers
Wade
Old 11-18-2012, 12:00 PM
sgn0921

ORIGINAL: Rebellion13

Very well put Craig, I was going to reply but my response would have been....well put it this way..less tactful

Cheers
Wade
oh well this forum offers nothin but dog and stuff I am off my head with worry Not bye bye jack enjoy the Sh!*

Old 11-18-2012, 12:16 PM
tisaksen

Old 11-18-2012, 01:56 PM
Strato50

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

....hehe where does the internet find these people?

RCU basically taught me everything about every facet of RC that I know "a lot" about, especially you tankers.

You guy's is smarts
Old 11-18-2012, 02:21 PM
gorehound

All I can is he will not be sadly missed. The place will be better off without him.

When I joined here way back a lot was over my head but I asked the questions politely and everybody helped very much. Pity some others could not take the same method and a little manners.
Old 11-18-2012, 02:23 PM
gorehound

Hi All

Sorry if I missed this earlier in the thread but has anybody tried the T-55 version yet and if so do they have a video of it running. I have been waiting to see if it was worth getting one for my T-55.

cheers
Gorehound

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.