Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Clark electronics TK20

I'll be getting my Clark sometime today hopfully according to the tracking number

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

does anyone have a picture showing what goes where on there board?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

AB,

Dont know if this will help, under the TK20 link on the left and you scroll down there is a pic and chart of what goes where
    http://www.clark-model.com/eng/index_e.html

Cheers,
    Wade
    N.E.A.D Member
    All my tanks are in the project stage

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Try the Clarke site, think there's a fair bit there!
    Tamiya:leopard 2a6, king tiger, Porsche king tiger, panther g, jagdpanther. Hooben: elefant, t-55. HL panther f, Jagdpanther

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Rebellion13

AB,

Dont know if this will help, under the TK20 link on the left and you scroll down there is a pic and chart of what goes where
    http://www.clark-model.com/eng/index_e.html

Cheers,
    Wade
    ORIGINAL: tomhugill

Try the Clarke site, think there's a fair bit there!

thanks i have just a regular DBC how do i go about hooking that up ?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The Clark unit has its own battle system. You don't need the DBC.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ok but i don't know how to hook up the apple from the DBC will it work or do i have to get the HL or Tamiya one for the emmiter i don't have a connector the size for J1

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

got the apple to work need a better connector fro that to just need to hook up the emitter and get a better speaker

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The mini connector Clark uses are hard to come by, I just spliced in a larger pin socket to the Clark wiring to get away from those tiny connectors.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

aaaaaaaaaah found one i had an old remote control/charger for one of those micro helicopters and they use one of those small connectors for the charger plug so i have one now

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

well mine is hooked up need to do some rearranging inside still

http://youtu.be/WzQJmDl7gwM

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Would there be any possibity of getting a video of it driving, especially the proportional steering?
    Tamiya:leopard 2a6, king tiger, Porsche king tiger, panther g, jagdpanther. Hooben: elefant, t-55. HL panther f, Jagdpanther

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Airbrushler-

Did you get a chance to test this out? Iliked the video.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi Just been dong range tests of a early board(first batch)with the resistor soldered over,I am happy with the range I managed,80ft and ran out of flat ground it could be more.

Tested two types of emitter from Mapins CY85g and yh70m here is link for them http://www.maplin.co.uk/high-power-infr ... diode-2253
    Spent money buying 5 CY85g and there crap max range was 36 ft so dont even buy these .
    Now the good news The YH70m from Maplins was getting hits out to 80ft (could be more ran out of flat ground)This was test was done on a garage site on the bases where 10 garages once stood didnt get the tape out but the garages where the same has mine which is 8ft wide x10 = 80ft so this works out at 24 mtrs with a 4ft target area moved the tanks from side to side it was about 4 ft wide ,Had the emitter held in a clamp so not effected with a barrel or tank movement,or miss alinement of emitter in a tank or barrel shading.(note I only shot at one side of the impact apple for all shots to eliminate apple angle difference and to avoid angle defence and slope defence)

This range is better than i thought I would get I am one happy chappie now can fit these in any tank and if I am not hitting them at range its either me being a bad shot or the other bloke has a bad receiver.

regards pete

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I received my TK20E-T1 boards a couple days ago, a TK20E-RU board today, & just got the chance, along with a couple of Clark's high power IR010 IR LED emitters, to do a quick test.

For the sensors I had a standard Heng Long battle unit (HBU), & luckily for me, I also just got a Tamiya apple (TBU) in from the AAF Tank Museum today (super quick from purchase to door-step, thanks Karen), so I had more than just a Heng Long sensor to test.

I did this quick experiment outside in the dark tonight, using my Panther's lower hull as a target, just perching the connected apples on the rear of the hull by the exhaust, as parallel to the ground as I could get them to sit. My KV1 was used for the shooter, though the IR LED was mounted inside a small tube, 9mm from its opening, & just held in my hand for aiming.

Unfortunately, the ground
    I used for testing only has about 50ft of almost perfectly flat cement, then some uneven gound extended beyond the cement. But I was still very happy with the results, & I can't wait to fully install everything into the tanks to do some proper testing, hopefully on an area with well over 90ft of flat ground. Just using the standard HBU sensor I was able to easily get hits at about 50ft with Clark's
    IR010 IR LED. Using the TBU sensor, I was marking hits at over 95ft, though I have to say, the real issue I had at getting any hits, using either sensor at any distance greater than the 50ft, was more because I couldn't even see the target at longer ranges with the very low lighting in the area where I did my testing, that along with the more uneven ground I was on at those ranges ... so aiming was extremely difficult. I didn't manage to get any hits with the HBU past the 50ft, but I didn't really try too long either since I already got hits over 95ft using the TBU.

I'm expecting to get some TSAL5100 IR LED emitters within the next few days to test as well,
    & those have a higher intensity with the same 20° angle as Clark's IR010 emitters, so even better ranges should be possible. IR range isn't a problem any longer.

~ Craig ~

B.A.D.A.S.S. Force Club Founder
    Bucks Armored Division and Strategic Simulations
    www.badassforce.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: B.A.D.A.S.S.Force

I received my TK20E-T1 boards a couple days ago, a TK20E-RU board today, & just got the chance, along with a couple of Clark's high power IR010 IR LED emitters, to do a quick test.

For the sensors I had a standard Heng Long battle unit (HBU), & luckily for me, I also just got a Tamiya apple (TBU) in from the AAF Tank Museum today (super quick from purchase to door-step, thanks Karen), so I had more than just a Heng Long sensor to test.

I did this quick experiment outside in the dark tonight, using my Panther's lower hull as a target, just perching the connected apples on the rear of the hull by the exhaust, as parallel to the ground as I could get them to sit. My KV1 was used for the shooter, though the IR LED was mounted inside a small tube, 9mm from its opening, & just held in my hand for aiming.

Unfortunately, the ground
    I used for testing only has about 50ft of almost perfectly flat cement, then some uneven gound extended beyond the cement. But I was still very happy with the results, & I can't wait to fully install everything into the tanks to do some proper testing, hopefully on an area with well over 90ft of flat ground. Just using the standard HBU sensor I was able to easily get hits at about 50ft with Clark's
    IR010 IR LED. Using the TBU sensor, I was marking hits at over 95ft, though I have to say, the real issue I had at getting any hits, using either sensor at any distance greater than the 50ft, was more because I couldn't even see the target at longer ranges with the very low lighting in the area where I did my testing, that along with the more uneven ground I was on at those ranges ... so aiming was extremely difficult. I didn't manage to get any hits with the HBU past the 50ft, but I didn't really try too long either since I already got hits over 95ft using the TBU.

I'm expecting to get some TSAL5100 IR LED emitters within the next few days to test as well,
    & those have a higher intensity with the same 20° angle as Clark's IR010 emitters, so even better ranges should be possible. IR range isn't a problem any longer.

~ Craig ~

as a newbie to rc tanks this post tells me Jack sh! *

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

If you read the whole post it tells you alot.

Tony
    "The last drop of oil on this planet will be burned by a tank."

I'm proficient in sensha-dō.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Ten41

Airbrushler-

Did you get a chance to test this out? Ā*IĀ*liked the video.

i still haven't programed the board yet but sounds are cool with a better speaker
    once i program the board i'll post update

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: sgn0921

as a newbie to rc tanks this post tells me Jack sh! *
    First off, my post wasn't made in response to any post you had made in this thread, & my post isn't in a thread started by you asking specific questions to be answered for a "newbie".

I also didn't realize that every post I make to this thread had to accommodate your lack of knowledge, or anyone else's lack of knowledge, for being a newbie & not understanding what's already being discussed in the thread.

If you need more explaining of a post someone makes on the forum, which absolutely does give many other people on this forum some useful information, but you don't know Jack sh!* what it means, you could try to show a lot less attitude with your reply, & just ask for a better explanation of what you didn't understand in a cordial manner. Besides, it's amazing how you single out my one post to criticize in this long thread, while there are many posts in it which would also tell you, a newbie, "Jack sh!*" ... like the very post before the one you quoted of mine, discussing the same type of technical details about IR emitters & range testing.

~ Craig ~

B.A.D.A.S.S. Force Club Founder
    Bucks Armored Division and Strategic Simulations
    www.badassforce.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Very well put Craig, I was going to reply but my response would have been....well put it this way..less tactful

Cheers
    Wade
    N.E.A.D Member
    All my tanks are in the project stage

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Rebellion13

Very well put Craig, I was going to reply but my response would have been....well put it this way..less tactful

Cheers
    Wade
    oh well this forum offers nothin but dog and stuff I am off my head with worry Not bye bye jack enjoy the Sh!*

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

....hehe where does the internet find these people?

RCU basically taught me everything about every facet of RC that I know "a lot" about, especially you tankers.

You guy's is smarts
    CAN-AM Rc Tank Club - HL/Asiatam Tiger I, PzIII & KV-2, Sherman, PzIV, T-34/85, Chi Nu Kai

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

All I can is he will not be sadly missed. The place will be better off without him.

When I joined here way back a lot was over my head but I asked the questions politely and everybody helped very much. Pity some others could not take the same method and a little manners.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi All

Sorry if I missed this earlier in the thread but has anybody tried the T-55 version yet and if so do they have a video of it running. I have been waiting to see if it was worth getting one for my T-55.

cheers
    Gorehound

Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast