Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 14 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Clark electronics TK20

ORIGINAL: clarkmodel

A little function is also added to TK22, shell dropping and reload sound enable and disable control as some people like it but some don't.

Regards,
    Clark
    Funny you mention this, as I never thought many people would actually dislike that so much that it would need an option taking up memory space just to turn it off ..... but then I talked to someone here on the forum who said they really wish the sound wasn't there ... ... & now you added that option to get rid of it!

Now, if only you could add a jumper or dipswitch to turn On/Off the Gun Elevation Servo function on a TK22 too (did you get my email Clark? haha )

~ Craig ~

B.A.D.A.S.S. Force Club Founder
    Bucks Armored Division and Strategic Simulations
    www.badassforce.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: tsull

AND THE ANSWER IS!
    "I'm an idiot, I'm an idiot" or was that from The Grinch that Stole Christmas?
    Here's what happened:
    When I bound my RX to the Spectrum TX, my RX battery was low. It still lit the RX up and flashed - but slowly. I thought the RX was properly bound. I checked another RX and same thing happened.
    I had one of those "oh no moments" and ran out to the workshop and swapped batteries.
    Sure enough, when I re-bound the RX, the flashing light was much faster and stronger and then went solid.
    Hooked up the TK20 to the power, speakers and motors and BINGO - that was the problem!
    Now, I'm off to the office in a much better mood.
    tjs
    i'm not 100% sure .. is everything working now?

Regards,
    Clark

TK20 web page: http://www.clark-model.com/eng/prod_rx20/index.html

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: B.A.D.A.S.S.Force

A little function is also added to TK22, shell dropping and reload sound enable and disable control as some people like it but some don't.

Regards,
    Clark
    Funny you mention this, as I never thought many people would actually dislike that so much that it would need an option taking up memory space just to turn it off ..... but then I talked to someone here on the forum who said they really wish the sound wasn't there ... ... & now you added that option to get rid of it!

Now, if only you could add a jumper or dipswitch to turn On/Off the Gun Elevation Servo function on a TK22 too (did you get my email Clark? haha )

~ Craig ~

Craig,Sure, i already feedback you. Regards,Clark

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks Clarke,
    I'm working through it and setting up the functions on my King Tiger. It looks like a great board!
    Tjs
    King Tiger, KV-1, Tiger 1, Pershing

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Momentum Effect on TK22

Speed ramp up and ramp down is controlled by Momentum effect, not user, even you move throttle stick violently, the smoother the gear box, the better the Momentum effect you can get, so a 3:1 gear reduction is recommend.

[youtube]http://youtu.be/lRCuMQDSCbU[/youtube]
    [youtube]
    http://youtu.be/46iIelM7x6Q[/youtube]

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Cool! Ty!

Momentum Effect on TK22

Speed ramp up and ramp down is controlled by Momentum effect, not user, even you move throttle stick violently, the smoother the gear box, the better the Momentum effect you can get, so a 3:1 gear reduction is recommend.

[youtube]http://youtu.be/lRCuMQDSCbU[/youtube]
    [youtube]
    http://youtu.be/46iIelM7x6Q[/youtube]

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

THE SHORT CIRCUIT THAT JUST ABOUT "DONE ME IN"

My electrical saga began with a DB3/TBS/RX18 board from Dan (great support and sympathy). After I burned up several RX18 and jumbled the heck out of the circuit board of the (second DB3), i ordered the Clarke Board in great frustration.

Dan offered to take a look at my mess so I shippped it back (somewhere in transit in Canada now?) and the Clarke Board arrived. With less then a week and a half to go, I started rewiring the KT for the Clarke TK board, installed the metal treads, wheels, etc. and thought I was on target.

Then my fuse started popping (there is another thread about the right fuse to use - I figured it out).

Perhaps the weight of the KT (about 13 pounds now), or a short in the Super Smoker?
    Maybe a crossed wire and reversed polarity lurking somewhere?
    Maybe I just screwed up the whole dam thing and should go back to crashing helicopters?

BUT - I'm STUBBORN AS HELL!

So, buy 2 BOXES of 10 amp fuses.

Pop - goes a fuse - cut a circuit out (and test it) and install another fuse (will the Clarke board take it?).
    Pop - goes a fuse - cut out another circuit (test it) and install another fuse.
    And another fuse, and another fuse, and another fuse.

A BOX of fuses and I have no wiring left in my KT.

Now, I'm down to 1 power cable from the batteries to the Clarke board and back out to the 480 motors.
    Pop, Pop and Pop.

Take apart every connector and resolder everything!

Pop, pop, pop.

Down to my last 2 fuses.

I swear - my last connector from the motor to the Deans Connector had 1 SHORT STRAND OF WIRE THAT MISSED THE SOLDER AND WAS BARELY/SOMETIMES/SOMETIMES NOT shorting out the whole tank.

YES, the last connector in the whole tank.

Holy **** - my workbench is a messed. Wire everywhere.

But, I found IT!

Now, a glass of whiskey and bedtime.

Goodnight.

TJS

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Now that's tenacity !  
    Tam Tiger 1, Tam Sherman M4(105), Tam Jagdpanther G1
    ElMod Jagdpanther G2, ElMod KV-1E, ElMod StuG 40 G

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

[
    TJS
    Halo,

I can say Clark's board do take quite a beating...
    I accidentally short circuited the elevation wiring and burned a part of the TK20E board and burnt the entireplastic pad I placed underneath it. But the thing still works!
    With HL style gun elevation gone, a 9g servo (glued to the ol' HL elevation) on Turnigy 9x's 5th channel did the trick.

This HL elevation part seems to make the board a pseudo-plug and play, and if you made a mistake or dounted by it, a servo on top of the HL elevation unit can do the trick.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

My electrical saga began with a DB3/TBS/RX18 board from Dan (great support and sympathy). After I burned up several RX18 and jumbled the heck out of the circuit board of the (second DB3), i ordered the Clarke Board in great frustration.

Dan offered to take a look at my mess so I shippped it back (somewhere in transit in Canada now?) and the Clarke Board arrived. With less then a week and a half to go, I started rewiring the KT for the Clarke TK board, installed the metal treads, wheels, etc. and thought I was on target.

Then my fuse started popping (there is another thread about the right fuse to use - I figured it out).

Perhaps the weight of the KT (about 13 pounds now), or a short in the Super Smoker?
    Maybe a crossed wire and reversed polarity lurking somewhere?
    Maybe I just screwed up the whole dam thing and should go back to crashing helicopters?

BUT - I'm STUBBORN AS HELL!

So, buy 2 BOXES of 10 amp fuses.

Pop - goes a fuse - cut a circuit out (and test it) and install another fuse (will the Clarke board take it?).
    Pop - goes a fuse - cut out another circuit (test it) and install another fuse.
    And another fuse, and another fuse, and another fuse.

A BOX of fuses and I have no wiring left in my KT.

Now, I'm down to 1 power cable from the batteries to the Clarke board and back out to the 480 motors.
    Pop, Pop and Pop.

Take apart every connector and resolder everything!

Pop, pop, pop.

Down to my last 2 fuses.

I swear - my last connector from the motor to the Deans Connector had 1 SHORT STRAND OF WIRE THAT MISSED THE SOLDER AND WAS BARELY/SOMETIMES/SOMETIMES NOT shorting out the whole tank.

YES, the last connector in the whole tank.

Holy **** - my workbench is a messed. Wire everywhere.

But, I found IT!

Now, a glass of whiskey and bedtime.

Goodnight.

TJS

Hi,TJS,

You really don't need so many fuses but one 6 ~ 8V @ 400~800 mA power adaptor, one 200 ohm resistor and a LED connected to power adaptor output as indicator. Use power adaptor as power source each time you made a modification or rewiring. if any wrong on circuit, LED will just not be lit up or dimmed because output current of power adaptor is small and limited, not thing will be burn out. when everything works correctly( motor may just run slowley, speaker may has lessloudness depends on current of power adaptor),then use chargeable battery.
    Regards,
    Clark

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: reyemmanuel

[
    TJS
    Halo,

I can say Clark's board do take quite a beating...
    I accidentally short circuited the elevation wiring and burned a part of the TK20E board and burnt the entireplastic pad I placed underneath it. But the thing still works!
    With HL style gun elevation gone, a 9g servo (glued to the ol' HL elevation) on Turnigy 9x's 5th channel did the trick.

This HL elevation part seems to make the board a pseudo-plug and play, and if you made a mistake or dounted by it, a servo on top of the HL elevation unit can do the trick.

Hi, reyemmanuel
    I guess what you burnedis just one or two FET for elevation ESC, you can buy it from local store((si4562 or SP8M4 are most popular due to MINI-Z car ) and replace bad one if you can do soldering.
    Regards,
    Clark

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks Clarke!

I think it was one of those moments that stretched for a long time. A lot of frustration that was vented by the popping of a fuse and cutting out a circuit. Next time I will do as you recommended/lol - save some fuses!

At least I know what's wrong now and can start rewiring.

Thanks again,
    tjs

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: reyemmanuel

I hooked a servo directly to channel 5 on my CT6B setup's receiver the other day & noticed how well it would work for the gun elevation while using the TK20 boards, even though the boards themselves have no channel 5 input.

The only issue, if anyone would care at all, is that using channel 5 of course didn't get me the gun elevation sounds while I used it to raise & lower the barrel. If I want the associated sound while the barrel moved, I still need to move the proper control stick in the correct position, which would normally control barrel elevation, at the same time I used my radio's channel 5 dial to move the barrel.

Can the Turnigy9x be programmed to mix the channels in a way so that when you only use channel 5 alone, it not only controlls the servo & barrel elevation, but also initiates the barrel elevation sound too? Just wondering.

~ Craig ~

B.A.D.A.S.S. Force Club Founder
    Bucks Armored Division and Strategic Simulations
    www.badassforce.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I used the mixing function on my Spectrum to slave my Acc. 1 (which was flaps that operated as Normal, Half and Full ((3 step function)) to the throttle stick. By using the throttle stick for gun elevation and the slaved Acc. 1, I was able to use gun elevation and use my flap button (top left button) to click for fire (full up) or machine gun fire (full down).

It works like a charm. I'm not certain if the sound would work as the flap button is not graduated.

tjs

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I am in the process of building a E-100 and have the first gen clark tk20 board to run it.....I want to use "real recoil" but have no ideawhat servo toget....any thoughts?

btw, here is the tank...

That which does not destroy me just makes me more irritable

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Since the barrel you are trying to recoil is fairly large, I would use a standard size servo instead of a mini or micro servo. You should have the room to put it in there with no problem.

Herman
    The older I get, the better I was.

LVTP-7, LVT 4, USMC M4 105mm, Stug III, DD Sherman building.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ThanksHerman,the gun tube is the stock heng long king tiger prosche turret guntube...it is out of scale for an 88 but really close for the 128mm gun after I trimmed it.

like I said...I know nothing about servos.....I need to know what to use with the clark board.....I do not want to walk into a hobby shop and just ask for a "servo" with no specs.....specs or a brandname and model number would be a great help...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have the HS-81 from Hitec  they work very well for tank servos as they are small and have oodles of torque and speed.
    I use them myself without any issues and other people on the board here have used Hi-Tec product succesfully with Clark boards.

www.shop.immortalhobbies.com

North American Distributor Of The Clark TK20 and TK22 Boards

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Freaky, I see on Clark's website that you will be carrying these boards. Will you also carry the accessories? Like the tamiya apple base, Sony remote, etc. I think the way that I am going to go with my Sherman build is to go with the waltersons gears and a TK-22

Cheers
    Wade
    N.E.A.D Member
    All my tanks are in the project stage

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

A better video

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dezwQzYvWMg&feature=em-uploademail[/youtube]

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

A better video
    You were clearly rougher on controlling the stick with the momentum switched off. Can you do a test with a consistent stick control between the two modes?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

THe DBC3 has momentum, so I think what Clark is demonstrating is about right, and very similiar to what I have experienced with the DBC. It was the special effect that used to set it apart from the rest. Once you have electronics that provide a hint of momentum it is really hard to go back to electronics that don't. The principle used is not so much about the tank seeming like it weighs tons and glides to a stop. It is all about slowing the reaction to change just a little bit to make up for heavy handed stick movements. In the heat of battle you will be throwing those sticks around with little care and attention to what the effect looks like on the field. This new momentum effect will be a welcome addition to this board. It takes away those jack rabbit movements that detract from these scale models in action.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

What I meant was that, ceterus paribus, he should be operating the throttle in the same way in both demonstrations. He was noticeably gentler with momentum on and rougher when momentum is off.

That being said, I do like how the tank behaves with momentum. Aside from looking more realistic, it does save the gearboxes quite a bit

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

A short preview of TK20E/TK22 US M41 Walker Bulldog version to give you the feel of [/i]Continental AOS 895-3 Engine start up(much powerful than deisel engin).
    [/i]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DFoxqmBsMw[/youtube]
    [/i]

[/i]

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

***...every time I want to get on the clack site, I get its not there message.....I am trying to get the e100 turret done and they have a server made by lego....

Page 14 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast