Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Clark electronics TK20

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2012, 09:19 AM
tsull

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Clark electronics TK20

Perhaps I might have missed this, BUT - with all the discussion on what are the best attributes of a new board, what are essential functions and what are the specifications that MOST tankers want - AREN'T WE DOING A DISSERVICE to all the individuals and companies that are trying to build new systems?

In this thread alone, you see a diversity of comments and thoughts as to what are the most important aspects of a board. "Plug and Play", custom sounds, TX layouts, etc, etc.

My "2 cents" is to start a new thread that has a simple spreadsheet style layout of all the possible combinations of functions for a new board. Most likely, it would need two types of boards; boards for under $100 and boards over $100 (or some type of delineation of price vs. capability).

Once created, everyone can comment and tally what are the most important aspects required. I would think this would be an invaluable tool for someone trying to create a new board and/or build new function in an existing product.

Someone would need to step up and take control of tallying the results, but it would truly help.

I'll post later my attempt at buildin an integrated "box" that houses the different components and what a nightmare it's become....

tjs
Old 09-23-2012, 11:16 AM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yes the choices that we are now seeing are making the comparisons harder and harder.
Old 09-23-2012, 11:48 AM
B.A.D.A.S.S.Force

ORIGINAL: tsull

Perhaps I might have missed this, BUT - with all the discussion on what are the best attributes of a new board, what are essential functions and what are the specifications that MOST tankers want - AREN'T WE DOING A DISSERVICE to all the individuals and companies that are trying to build new systems?

In this thread alone, you see a diversity of comments and thoughts as to what are the most important aspects of a board. "Plug and Play", custom sounds, TX layouts, etc, etc.

My "2 cents" is to start a new thread that has a simple spreadsheet style layout of all the possible combinations of functions for a new board. Most likely, it would need two types of boards; boards for under $100 and boards over $100 (or some type of delineation of price vs. capability).

Once created, everyone can comment and tally what are the most important aspects required. I would think this would be an invaluable tool for someone trying to create a new board and/or build new function in an existing product.

Someone would need to step up and take control of tallying the results, but it would truly help.

I'll post later my attempt at buildin an integrated "box" that houses the different components and what a nightmare it's become....

tjs
Assuming developers would actually read the threads & then consider the wishlist items before designing their new boards, I would agree that creating a collective wishlist type thread, so everyone can post what they would like to see on a new board is a great idea. Not having one just might be a disservice in that respect, but I don't necessarily believe that continuing to discuss or mention what we might want or not want on a board in any thread about an already existing product is a disservice at all. It still gives that individual or company creating the product exactly the feedback they might need for their particular product, in a thread specifically targeting it, & only it.

Still a good idea, so maybe someone should start a wishlist thread targeting board development for these tanks, or as you suggested, possibly several threads, & as members update the threads with their wishlist requests for a new board, the thread manager can update the first post with the new wishlist items, this way everyone won't have to wade through duplicates in the thread as they are being posted. You thought of it, maybe you will volunteer for such a task?

~ Craig ~

Old 09-23-2012, 12:19 PM
YHR

My Wish list was simple

Tamiya compatible with speed reduction, weight class, reload time and able to use the Tamiya TBU. These four basic "Musts" will allow all systems to play together. Developers that don't understand this will not get my money. I am not going to drop $200 into a system and find out it is too dissimilair to everything else.

Clark, once he gets the battle damage back, will have met this bare minimum requirement.
Old 09-23-2012, 01:49 PM
FreakyDude

start another thread on the subject lets get everyones approvals and requirements

ORIGINAL: tsull

tjs
Old 09-25-2012, 02:43 AM
sgn0921

I got a Clark TK-20 fitted to my HL tiger one to get rid of the dodgy HL radio gear and the sound is far better than the tamiya offering, I never understood why the used the same sound recording in the Jagdpanther, KT and Tiger 1 when they all sound so different, as you can see I used a tamiya speaker and a after market volume pot to get it to sound LOUD

Old 09-25-2012, 02:58 AM
tomhugill

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

All the tanks you mentioned used the same maybach engine, this is why. Did you have any issues getting it installed?
Old 09-25-2012, 03:30 AM
sgn0921

ORIGINAL: tomhugill

All the tanks you mentioned used the same maybach engine, this is why. Did you have any issues getting it installed?
had to swap over channels 1 & 2 to get it to drive like I wanted it
got to sort out the recoil and IR gear
Old 09-25-2012, 04:01 AM
Panther F

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

ORIGINAL: sgn0921

I got a Clark TK-20 fitted to my HL tiger one to get rid of the dodgy HL radio gear and the sound is far better than the tamiya offering, I never understood why the used the same sound recording in the Jagdpanther, KT and Tiger 1 when they all sound so different, as you can see I used a tamiya speaker and a after market volume pot to get it to sound LOUD

Well, let's hear it then.

~ Jeff
Old 09-25-2012, 05:56 AM
sgn0921

ORIGINAL: Panther F

ORIGINAL: sgn0921

Well, let's hear it then.
~ Jeff
here ya go then

http://youtu.be/jeB0vvxylfo

there is no recoil and muzzle flash because I am in the procces of sorting them out, the MG and Head lights are part of the old HL circuits and work of the clark board OK

Old 09-25-2012, 11:24 AM
B.A.D.A.S.S.Force

I just want to confirm another extremely inexpensive 2.4GHz 6-Channel Transmitter + Reciever combo that works really well with the Clark board, is the FlySky CT6B from HobbyPartz (here)

If this FlySky Tx+Rx combo works, then so should the HobbyKing T6A combo too, as those 2 controllers are basically identical electronics with just different branding on them as far as I know.
However, the big differeneces in why I chose the FlySky CT6B from HobbyPartz, rather than the T6A from HobbyKing, are these:
1) HobbyPartz has free shipping for $50 or more orders for those of us in the USA., so order 2 like I did & enjoy the extra shipping cost savings on top of the low price
2) The FlySky CT6B comes with the necessary programming cable right in the box, with the HK T6A you need to order the programming cable as an extra, so it jacks the overall price up some.
3) HobbyKing's shipping prices when ordering are way too high IMO, so in the end the overall cost of the T6A is much higher, even when comparing buying just 1 controller between both vendors.

I ordered my units on a Friday, & they got to my door by the next week on Wednesday. I never owned a 2.4GHz controller before, so I don't have an expert opinion on them, but they seem pretty good to me.

~ Craig ~

Old 09-25-2012, 01:18 PM
YHR

Probably another thread shoud be started for this as well. How much are the extra receivers ?
Old 09-25-2012, 02:10 PM
MAUS45

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

I looked on their site and the 6 channel rx is $9.00. Crazy inexpensive right?
Old 09-25-2012, 06:11 PM
FreakyDude

lol  log another thread and I'll tell you everything you want to know about these radios, from self centering the sticks to programming them.
but then again you can just buy one from me with everything already done.
Old 09-26-2012, 04:40 AM
sgn0921

I managed to build a recoil for the Tiger using a servo and a turnigy servo reverser to get it to run the correct way
I used the asiatam recoil/elevation unit and removed the asiatam recoil because it is not compatable with the clark board

http://youtu.be/PJugoXyJack

Old 10-03-2012, 10:48 AM
B.A.D.A.S.S.Force

Clark has been busy updating the TK series board page with newer information & pictures recently, a very positive sign. Adding back damage simulation to all new boards shipped, & things keep looking better as Clark seems to be listening to customer suggestions & concerns.

Though I have noticed a couple small issues that he might want to correct, & I'm wondering about one issue with his website in particular that I have come across (for a long time) with some of his tables displayed on the TK series page, & wondering if everyone, or anyone else, is having this same little display issue. I have the display issue when using Firefox, Chrome, & my Android tablet browsers. If you only use Internet Explorer, you probably won't have this display issue.

Below I have a couple screen shots as example, with the left shot coming from Internet Explorer browser & showing the proper layout of the Mixer Mode tables above the IR battle data Preset tables. However, the screen shot on the right comes from Firefox, where you can see that the same tables actually display incorrectly with severe overlap. I get the same overlap issue using Google Chrome as well as when I use a couple different Android tablet browsers.

~ Craig ~
Old 10-03-2012, 11:15 AM
Rebellion13

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Craig I experience the same problem when using Firefox, IE gives me troubles on different sites. I still like using FF better. And I have noticed the updates also, looks promising. When you order the TK is everything included (ie. base for apple and all necessary wires)?

Cheers
Wade
Old 10-03-2012, 11:48 AM
B.A.D.A.S.S.Force

ORIGINAL: Rebellion13

Craig I experience the same problem when using Firefox, IE gives me troubles on different sites. I still like using FF better. And I have noticed the updates also, looks promising. When you order the TK is everything included (ie. base for apple and all necessary wires)?

Cheers
Wade
Not from my experience, just the board & 4 cables to connect your 2.4GHz receiver to the board seem to be included with just a board purchase.

Besides the mention of the apple base under the TK series page, Clark has updated another part of his site too, an On-Line Store, which does show the Tamiya base he is selling for $7, with free shipping if ordered with the board. He offers other various parts too which might be beneficial to order along with the board, like the IR battle emitter kit which will come with the correct plug for that tiny little J1 connection. Maybe at some point he will also offer a full installation kit with a slight discounted price, that includes both the board & all the most essential parts one might need when purchasing the board. Though with the low pricing to begin with, not sure that will happen.

~ Craig ~

Old 10-03-2012, 03:22 PM
Rebellion13

Thanks Craig,

Might have to look into one of these systems when the allied version is released (M4 base) hope its the radial. Since my tank funds are going to be dipped into for tires for my jeep [&o] and there not cheap waaahhhh.

Cheers
Wade
Old 10-04-2012, 08:05 AM
B.A.D.A.S.S.Force

Well, I sent Clark the fix for the overlapping table issue he was having on his website last night after he replied to me that they knew about the issue but hadn't found a fix. Going over his code, I found it was a <div> tag element, wrapped around the tables, which had a height set way to small to allow the tables to expand properly. I told him to change the height of the <div> to be 300px or larger. Going back today I see that there are no more overlapping tables when using Firefox or Chrome ...

~ Craig ~
Old 10-04-2012, 08:24 AM
tsull

That's a great call. Now if you could look at me site and figure out how to send more paying clients.....
tjs
Old 10-04-2012, 12:14 PM
Rebellion13

Well that's easy, just lower your prices lol. J/k

Cheers
Wade
Old 10-04-2012, 09:16 PM
B.A.D.A.S.S.Force

The TK20-Russia (T-34) board would definitely be a better fit, but with a tentative release date not until December on that board, how good or bad would the available TK20-T55 board be for use in a KV-1?

It has to sound better than using the TK20-German board in a KV-1, right ... or would it?

The one thing I'm not too keen on (for use in a KV-1) after watching the video of the TK20-T55 board in action, is the auto-loading sounds & the seemingly long 15 seconds it takes from the time the main gun fires to the ending of the auto-loading sound of another shell, especially considering the heavy tank preset is supposed to have a 9 second reload time to fire again. I know I would still be able to fire after the 9 seconds, but the auto-load sound will be funked up & it sounds out of place anyway. Hmmmm ....

Maybe I should just sit back, relax, & wait until the TK20-Russia board is released. Thoughts?

~ Craig ~

EDIT: Nevermind ... I've decided to just wait until the TK20-Russia board is released.

Old 10-10-2012, 07:26 PM
Airbrushler

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

anyone get their's yet they sent me a email saying it was sent now they say it wasn't sent ..hmmmm
Old 10-10-2012, 08:38 PM
YHR

I got the same email. Looks like they discovered something else. Far better for them to get it right then send out another batch that might not be quite right. Some patience may be required.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.