Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

More News 2.4ghz

seems Torro ( HL in my book as they have the same exact product as HL ) has a 2.4 ghz WITH a new speaker and what looks to be a new board.

hmmmm is this the next shoe dropping?
    http://www.torro-shop.de/product_inf...precher-T.html

the rumours of HL's 2.4ghz system seem to be correct as I am thinking this is a teaser of things to come possibly.
    www.shop.immortalhobbies.com

North American Distributor Of The Clark TK20 and TK22 Boards

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: More News 2.4ghz

It is good that it's 2,4Ghz but it still isn't a hobby grade system.
    - http://tanks.linite.com/

~ Then give three cheers, and one cheer more,
    For the hardy Captain of the Pinafore! ~

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Anyway, that is exactly the 2.4 Ghz Heng Long system we have been rumoring about for a while... I wonder if they also improved the sound samples, but I doubt it.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I think they have, and they no longer have a seperate receiver meaning we have lost the interface for a DBC

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yup, no more receiver board, it's all integrated.
    But unfortunately that means also not compatible with the DBC boards to provide Tamiya IR compatibility. Not a good commercial choice, imo, since a lot of ppl whould have appreciated to upgrade their rx18 boards, keeping the DBC system in.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Grab all the RX-18s you can.

Their switch is probably a normal cost cutting decision, not a progressive move. At this point, integrating 2.4 has to be cheaper than a separate board and crystals. If it was bindable, then I'd say maybe it was a 'consumer first' choice, but just another crappy Tx means it's probably 10 cents cheaper for 2.4 than what they use now.
    What, me worry?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

YEs , I am not sure how advanced this system is, what the bind process is etc.

RE RX 18

Some enterprising person might make an arrangement to release them under another name.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: YHR

IT is just not the DBC, all the systems that piggy back off the RX18 will have an issue, as they all use the 3 wiie command cable between the receiver and the RX 18 as an interface.

YEs , I am not sure how advanced this system is, what the bind process is etc.

RE RX 18

Some enterprising person might make an arrangement to release them under another name.

Some enterprising person needs to reverse engineer the RX-18 board, dropping the unnecessary bits and adding the PIC socket for the RC(2 or 3) chip.

Or better yet, just add brushed ESCs to the DBC.
    What, me worry?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have a feeling that somehow Darkith will figure it out. Or maybe it is impossible to work around the new system.

Cheers
    Wade
    N.E.A.D Member
    All my tanks are in the project stage

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi It may well have a battle system inside it (Heng long one )Other wise you cant fit it to the I.R.versions ,if it dose can it be modified with a board like the Mako .

regards pete

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

for me, 2.4 Ghz is a good news, i'm pretty alone for now with my tank, there is another guy around me that got 2 but he got the BB version...all we really do is going for rides in the woods or something like that with our tanks... it's alot of fun actually but we always have interference problems.  we got 2 number 2 cristals and 2 number 3 cristals, so I cant take my KV-1 when he takes his Tiger I and I cant take my Panzer III when he takes his...with the 2.4 Ghz, depending if they made nice mods like the tank recoil and the sound, could be a good thing for me...specially if the Mako units would work...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Sounds like the hub-bub at the time the RX-14 was replaced by the RX-18.  I like the idea of a 2.4 GHz, even if a simple system.  These aren't hobby-grade items; so, this lets folks start small and grow into it.  Want hobby-grade, buy a better system...there are several to choose from.
    It has been said that politics is the second-oldest profession...it bears a great similarity to the first. -Ronald Reagan

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Any of the devices which interface with the RX18 through the 3 wire control cable will not work with this new HL set up. As far as I know that is all of them . They will all have to be revised to work with the new HL Control board, and frankly if it can be done it won't be done as a plug an play option.

THe only way this is good news is if the sound is much improved, and they have upgraded to a Tamiya compatible battle system. Otherwise i just see these new boards being thrown away in favor of SLU's or the new Clark Board. (IR users anyway)

Will this new set up still have the track jerk, and now leave us with no way to remove it????? So it as not all good news until we find out more about what this offers. Looks pretty skookum with it's built in fan though.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

That which does not destroy me just makes me more irritable

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Well I hope that there is someway to add after market packages, because once I order the dbc/benedini from Dan, and say the rx18 burns up somehow, and there is no more rx18's, then what? We will be left with paper weights. I know I am jumping the gun, and hopefully things will work, but I have seen HL botch up time and time again. I mean really why do they have to include the receiver with the main board? Just doesn't make sense. And I had to come back to this, and rant some more. Dan has worked hard on his system and it is outstanding, I would hate to see this all for naught because HL can't engineer a product, yes we all cried for a 2.4ghz compatible system, but really, really? [:@][:'(]. Ok I am finished for now, who is next in line for the soapbox.

Cheers
    Wade
    N.E.A.D Member
    All my tanks are in the project stage

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

umm before you make carte blanche statements you might want to get the new system and test it with the systems you mention below.
    This is good for the hobby, heck anything new that brings a different dimmension is good for it.
    As far as being plug and play why do you say that? the board is a virtual copy of the existing HL board with the exception of the reciever. adding the reciever into the board could save HL a huge amount of cash in assembly alone. ( more likely done to do away with some 3rd party products and capture more market but I don't know that- just guessing )
    We only need to find out the language it speaks if in fact it is programmed totally different from the RX18, I highly doubt that.

RX18's are 8 bucks, buy a box of them if your that worried.
    Give the product a chance before you all bury it.

Any of the devices which interface with the RX18 through the 3 wire control cable will not work with this new HL set up. As far as I know that is all of them . The DBC line, The IBU, MAKO, Beier. They will all have to be revised to work with the new HL Control board, and frankly if it can be done it won't be done as a plug an play option.

THe only way this is good news is if the sound is much improved, and they have upgraded to a Tamiya compatible battle system. Otherwise i just see these new boards being thrown away in favor of SLU's or the new Clark Board. (IR users anyway)

Will this new set up still have the track jerk, and now leave us with no way to remove it????? So it as not all good news until we find out more about what this offers. Looks pretty skookum with it's built in fan though.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: FreakyDude

umm before you make carte blanche statements you might want to get the new system and test it with the systems you mention below.
    This is good for the hobby, heck anything new that brings a different dimmension is good for it.
    As far as being plug and play why do you say that? the board is a virtual copy of the existing HL board with the exception of the reciever. adding the reciever into the board could save HL a huge amount of cash in assembly alone. ( more likely done to do away with some 3rd party products and capture more market but I don't know that- just guessing )
    We only need to find out the language it speaks if in fact it is programmed totally different from the RX18, I highly doubt that.

Look for the 3 wire control cable on the new electronics. It is not there. No place to connect a DBC. It has no interface for the third party stuff that has been developed. I don't need to buy it to see that. SO this means opening up the case doing a wire trace and looking for a point on the board that can be tapped to allow these other third party devices to intecept the code and act on it. Now maybe a guy will open up the case and find a nice convenient spot to tap into, but I kind of doubt it. I bet it has some nice Tiger sounds on it though, and it might even be Tamiya compatible

This is not a Heng Long device so we might be jumping the gun to say the RX18 is dead.. This may be the new electronics that are going to start showing up in the new Mato Shermans and the new metal tanks that Mato is releasing. Might be great. I am just saying it doesn't look like it will function with any device that was using the 3 wire control cable to interface with it. That is not intended to bury this product, only point out that it doesn't look compatible with some other stuff on the market.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Agreed in the radio systems. I use Futaba 2,4 Ghz Fasst systems in all my models. 8 and 9 channel systems I share with my larger scales. They're a blessing for my larger models
    with all their metal; electrical-noise producing parts....

I threw all the original HL radio equipment in the recycler's bin.

Jerry

ORIGINAL: philipat

Sounds like the hub-bub at the time the RX-14 was replaced by the RX-18.* I like the idea of a 2.4 GHz, even if a simple system.* These aren't hobby-grade items; so, this lets folks start small and grow into it.* Want hobby-grade, buy a better system...there are several to choose from.
    - http://tanks.linite.com/

~ Then give three cheers, and one cheer more,
    For the hardy Captain of the Pinafore! ~

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Any of the devices which interface with the RX18 through the 3 wire control cable will not work with this new HL set up. As far as I know that is all of them . The DBC line, The IBU, MAKO, Beier.

The IBU doesn't rely upon the 3-wire cable for any connection, thus it should work.

The MAKO should also work for the same reason.

Please, edit your messages above with a note, thx

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: borealis

Any of the devices which interface with the RX18 through the 3 wire control cable will not work with this new HL set up. As far as I know that is all of them . The DBC line, The IBU, MAKO, Beier.

The IBU doesn't rely upon the 3-wire cable for any connection, thus it should work.

The MAKO should also work for the same reason.

Please, edit your messages above with a note, thx

My apologies, I made an assumption that the plug an play devices must be using the control cable as an interface. I have corrected my statements to only speak of the DBC line.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

umm before you make carte blanche statements you might want to get the new system and test it with the systems you mention below. *
    As far as being plug and play why do you say that? the board is a virtual copy of the existing HL board with the exception of the reciever. *adding the reciever into the board could save HL a huge amount of cash in assembly alone. ( more likely done to do away with some 3rd party products and capture more market but I don't know that- just guessing )

Any of the devices which interface with the RX18 through the 3 wire control cable will not work with this new HL set up. As far as I know that is all of them . The DBC line, The IBU, MAKO, Beier. They will all have to be revised to work with the new HL Control board, and frankly if it can be done it won't be done as a plug an play option.

My apologies to you as well. I made an assumption on how the other devices interacted with the RX 18, This assumption appears to be wrong, and I should not have generalized as I did. I have edited my comments.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Where do you find RX18's for 8 bucks? I haven't found them for that price.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Ten41

Where do you find RX18's for 8 bucks?* I haven't found them for that price.

Banana Hobby. Normally a company to avoided, but in this case, make an exception. Under RC tank parts, go to HL parts and sort through the photos. You'll find it listed as 'part #4' or something like that for $7.50. I took a gamble and ordered 3 a while ago and for $35 with shipping I had a box of RX-18s with a wire harnesses. No label, no instructions, just 3 sets in a bag with the stupid contact adhesive strip sticking them together. It's an absurd way to list them, no search will find them that way, I just happened across them one day. They also have all the smoke sets, airsoft ammo, elevation units, all of it, but only listed by photos, no legit part number or description.

If your really adventurous, they have metal track sets to for like $40, but it's hard to figure out exactly what tank they go with.
    What, me worry?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I think I'll try one of these when they're available.  I noticed from the diagram on Welsh's page that there is a plug for the tail lights.  This was something that was on the RX-14 but dropped with the RX-18...and I'd like to have one for my Bulldog that I was planning to upgrade to the 18.  May just bypass the 18.

2.4 GHz...reinstatement of the tail light plug...better sound...built-in fan...  looks like several improvements over past HL electronics.  Not a leap into hobby grade electronics, but when was the last time we saw that kind of leap from HL?  All of their improvements have been incremental...like this one. 
    It has been said that politics is the second-oldest profession...it bears a great similarity to the first. -Ronald Reagan

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Ausf told me about them, about halfway down the page. Yeah I know I thought Ausf was a bit crazy too but I tossed my cash out and bought 3 of them. Sure enough about 10 days later 3 RX18 show up on my doorstep WITH the 8 pin plugs attached. ( They are all good too with no bugs, ticks or issues with any of them )
    I can't believe the price of the metal tracks too 55 bucks I am sooo tempted to get a spare set. almost worth it just for a few links to put on my turrets etc.
    http://www.bananahobby.com/electric-...311041106.html

ORIGINAL: Ten41

Where do you find RX18's for 8 bucks? I haven't found them for that price.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast