Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

South East PA Battlefield/Workshop

Finally got moved to my new place in SE PA. Broke ground on the battlefield and R/C track as well and started on the workshop bench's and paint booth. The first pics are before and after of the battlefiledafter takingdown some small tree's. Only get about 4 hrs a week to work on it so progress will be slow, but have had lots of help from my buddy Tony.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ca81590.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	87.4 KB 
ID:	1782475   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pk29707.jpg 
Size:	84.6 KB 
ID:	1782476   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bg92317.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	94.4 KB 
ID:	1782477   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ic85200.jpg 
Size:	47.5 KB 
ID:	1782478   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gr93449.jpg 
Size:	47.8 KB 
ID:	1782479  

AAF # 111284-25
    A.C.E. member

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: South East PA Battlefield/Workshop

looking great so far

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Heck of a shop you go there. Will that be your man cave? Train table and tanks?
    Tam Panther G, Tam KV-2, T-34/76 1943 Daryl Turner Edition (WSN/Tamiya), T-34/76 1942 Daryl Turner Edition (WSN/Tamiya)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I'm jealous.

Looks great.
    What, me worry?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: dlobmwm3

Heck of a shop you go there. Will that be your man cave? Train table and tanks?
    Hey Danny,
    This is just for working on r/c projects and hanging away from the house. I'll have a 32" up on the wall and a small beer fridge,but all the main football/hockey watching and console playing will be in themain house'sfinished basement. Have some G scale train stuff but it only comes out during the holidays. Hoping to get the battlefield and track up and running by late summer.
    AAF # 111284-25
    A.C.E. member

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I'd offer to help with the battlefield, but you're on the wrong side of Philly (To me anyway).
    What, me worry?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

You want my 2 cents?......Get a backpack leaf blower and clear the area, then hard rake it. Lastly, get a pool cover and stake it out over the battle field so no sun or water gets to the ground.....kill everything, after a month pull the cover and rerake it..........then do what ever you want with it, just keep it covered so nothing growns.
    That which does not destroy me just makes me more irritable

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: mustclime

You want my 2 cents?......Get a backpack leaf blower and clear the area, then hard rake it. Lastly, get a pool cover and stake it out over the battle field so no sun or water gets to the ground.....kill everything, after a month pull the cover and rerake it..........then do what ever you want with it, just keep it covered so nothing growns.
    Yea, leaf blower is definitely on my future purchase list. Area is to big for a pool cover and don't want to store it and have that eye sore when it's on the ground. It'll be an on going battle with the random growth
    but luckily it's already mostly shaded with old growth tree's. Just gonna rake up leaves, then small plants and roots, then hit any problem area with an organic herbicide. Have a 90lb roller at my disposal as well to
    pack the ground. Will have to watch run off since all the ground cover will be gone. Good idea on the pool cover though, have a 3' diameter blow up pool for my daughter and after leaving it out for only a couple days
    accidentally when we went out of town it already had done some serious damage to the grass....good thing I moved!
    AAF # 111284-25
    A.C.E. member

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: ausf

I'd offer to help with the battlefield, but you're on the wrong side of Philly (To me anyway).
    Thanks for the offer, this battlefield will be open to anyone who's in the area or wants to make the drive or even just passing through. I'm building it for the love of all things r/c (ground)and just got tired of being told
    where and when i can or can't play with my toys and enjoy a cold beverage.
    AAF # 111284-25
    A.C.E. member

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi Brett,
    I'm glad to see your family had a smooth move. I hope not too much got lost or damaged. How many times have you said "What box did I pack that in?" in the past few weeks. I would be happy to help you fullfill you battlefield "Field of Dreams"....LOL. The workshop looks big....but I'm sure it will be cramed with projects soon. I'm sure the NEAD members are also willing to assist. Afterall, NEAD has worked on three separate battlefields over the years. Below is a pic of some of our work party. nice T-shirts aren't they??? Sorry, I had my back to the camera. If you want to schedule a work-day please let me know. I'll be away until the 6th of August. After that I will be around. Let me know what tools to bring. I have a 5 gallon Igloo drink cooler I can bring to keep us hydrated. I bring it to most of the NEAD events filled with Iced Tea.

PS Mark your calendar for the 2014 trip to Europe for the 70th Aniversary of D-Day.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fd93248.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	66.3 KB 
ID:	1782514   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ql34174.jpg 
Size:	78.0 KB 
ID:	1782515   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ms42545.jpg 
Size:	76.9 KB 
ID:	1782516  
    Join us at NEAD: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/queenspanzergroup/
    He who ends up with the most toys wins!!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: thecommander

Hi Brett,
    I'm glad to see your family had a smooth move. I hope not too much got lost or damaged. How many times have you said "What box did I pack that in?" in the past few weeks. I would be happy to help you fullfill you battlefield "Field of Dreams"....LOL. The workshop looks big....but I'm sure it will be cramed with projects soon. I'm sure the NEAD members are also willing to assist. If you want to schedule a work-day please let me know. I'll be away until the 6th of August. After that I will be around. Let me know what tools to bring. I have a 5 gallon Igloo drink cooler I can bring to keep us hydrated. I bring it to most of the NEAD events filled with Iced Tea.

PS Mark your calendar for the 2014 trip to Europe for the 70th Aniversary of D-Day.

Thanks Bob, Think Tony and I will get most the heavy work done, but will keep you posted. Hate to have some of you guys drive 2+ hrs to sweat your butts off in this heat and humidity. Will take you up on some
    maintance work if needed if you guys come down. Maybe just some raking and leaf removal, maybe some brainstorming on layout for the day. Yea, still looking for all my pots and pans, as well as
    work boots.
    AAF # 111284-25
    A.C.E. member

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I use a 40 ft X 60 ft for my pool,Its pretty darn big.........I hate to say it but those trees are going to kill your battlefield. Tree litter kills tracks. As for the leaf blower....look in the paper for moving/estate sales...I got a mower,leafblower and weed eater for under 200 bucks total.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

yea, nothing a little leaf raking before runnig tanks won't handle.  Still better than runnnig in grass.  Since it's right by the house and driveway I can pick at it daily to keep it somewhat clean.
    AAF # 111284-25
    A.C.E. member

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Nice shop.  My wife and kids would never see me if I had a shop that nice.  Unless they came out with food and drinks...

Strips of weed barrier cloth buried along the routes you want as roads will keep those areas clear of weeds and grass.  Then all the other places are "off road" and a wild card for travel.  Just lay out strips about 12 to 16 inches wide, then put dirt on it about 1 inch deep, and you have a weed free raised roadbed.  Sprinkle on some play sand from the home improvement store and it's a gravel road through the country.
    Visit the Western Slope Division @
    http://colorado4rctanks.wordpress.com/

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

watching hockey Please tell me your a Flyers fan. I am a self proclaimed hockey nut. BTW your place looks nice, where about in PA.

Cheers,
    Wade
    N.E.A.D Member
    All my tanks are in the project stage

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Rebellion13

watching hockey Please tell me your a Flyers fan.
    I just spit out my drink. I grew up in a house with 2 older brothers, one a Ranger fan, the other the Broadstreet Bullies and I still have nightmares of Bobby Clarke, that freak you call the Hammer and Kate Smith.

That was during the 70s, so naturally, I ended up a Habs fan.

I've been to over 100 games at the Forum back in the day, including the entire '93 playoffs and Cup winning game 5 (not an easy feat when you live in NYC). My dog was named Dryden. He just passed after 14 years and the next will be named Roy.

Flyers...yeccchhh.

What, me worry?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Nice shop Bret, would you consider adopting me??
    Tam Tiger 1, Tam Sherman M4(105), Tam Jagdpanther G1
    ElMod Jagdpanther G2, ElMod KV-1E, ElMod StuG 40 G

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Looks like you'll only be about an hour from me Brett. closer than Waldwick.  my battlefield props are growing in number all the time, should be interesting.
    Tamiya Panther G, HL/Tamiya TigerI, WSN/HL T-34/85, WSN/Tamiya T-34/85, WSN/HL DBCRC2 T-34/85, HL/Tamiya Pershing, Mato/Tamiya Sherman,HL KV-1, HL Pz III, HL/Custom scratch JP, HE/Tamiya Abrams, HE/Tamiya LEO 2A5, Vs Abrams M1A1, Vs T-72, HL Bergepanthe

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

watching hockey Please tell me your a Flyers fan. I am a self proclaimed hockey nut. BTW your place looks nice, where about in PA.

Cheers,
    Wade
    Guess you'll never be at my place......die hard Devils fan!! Though I do have a Super Chexx bubble hocky gamein the basement, complete with boo button. About 1 hour south/southwest of Philly.
    AAF # 111284-25
    A.C.E. member

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: TheBennyB

Cheers,
    Wade
    Guess you'll never be at my place......die hard Devils fan!!Β* Though I do have a Super Chexx bubble hocky gameΒ*in the basement, complete with boo button.Β* About 1 hour south/southwest of Philly.Β*Β*
    lol. I do really like Brodeur, its all good. I am an hour and ten north of Philly. My sis watched them when I was younger so I started following them since I've been around six. But no matter who one likes, hockey is such an awesome sport.

I just spit out my drink. I grew up in a house with 2 older brothers, one a Ranger fan, the other the Broadstreet Bullies and I still have nightmares of Bobby Clarke, that freak you call the Hammer and Kate Smith.
    Dems is fightn words lol. Although that was a loooong time ago, I wish they never played the way that they did, because to this day that era hangs over the heads of the current teams, and its sad that the team is still labeled goons,, even though IMO there are teams that are worse. And I am a phillies fan also, but a Dallas Cowboys fan weird huh. lol

Cheers,
    Wade
    N.E.A.D Member
    All my tanks are in the project stage

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

You geta chance, pm me an addressso I can see how far the drive is.....you want topick a build day? I can load up the car with tools( and a coupletanks) and make the drive.

scott

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

[quote]ORIGINAL: Buckeye36

Niceshop Bret, would you consider adopting me??

/quote]

Do you clean gutters? If so I can clear an area for you in the garage....he he.
    Your welcome anytime Jim.
    AAF # 111284-25
    A.C.E. member

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

It's a deal!
    Tam Tiger 1, Tam Sherman M4(105), Tam Jagdpanther G1
    ElMod Jagdpanther G2, ElMod KV-1E, ElMod StuG 40 G

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

wait a minute you 2, i've already claimed that spot. lol

but i'll make room for you, jimmy
    just say no to \"shelf queens\"
    aaf# 111285-25
    A.C.E. member

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The weed barrier cloth is a good idea - just ask the guys from FRAG! A little bit of extra work will save you a LOT of weeding later.

Really nice shop and yard you have there. Good luck with the battlefield.
    Kevin O'C <S.C.A.T.> www.socalareatankers.com -Tamiya-Sherman/Tiger/Pershing/Pnzr IV/Kubelwagen/HL-Tiger, Pnzr III/Mato Sherman

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast