Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

My New Heng Long KV-1

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2013, 05:53 PM
Strato50

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: My New Heng Long KV-1

ORIGINAL: modelbob71

Fantastic job, well done, loved the build sequence. Don't forget to paint the edges of your roadwheels
grey or steel color where they rub against the tracks!
Hehe, running that tank on metal wheels & tracks for about 15 minutes will do that! :P

Mine did
Old 04-28-2013, 06:12 PM
B.A.D.A.S.S.Force

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: modelbob71

Fantastic job, well done, loved the build sequence. Don't forget to paint the edges of your roadwheels
grey or steel color where they rub against the tracks!
ORIGINAL: Buckeye36

I like it, nice job!
ORIGINAL: Strato50

Hehe, running that tank on metal wheels & tracks for about 15 minutes will do that! :P

Mine did
Thanks guys ... I have been going around all the edges of everything with a pencil here & there, & you can see the effect in some closer shots where many edges have a slight silver glint, depending on the angle & light hitting the tank in the shot. I still need to give it a protective clear coat after touching everything up when I know I'm absolutely done too, as of right now things can still rub off if it's handled or rubbed too roughly.

Ehhhhh, if only I had metal wheels so that were true Strato50 ... but with the plastic ones all my KV-1 road wheels will get is greener as the other paint wears off . I guess I could give the flat areas touching the track a slight coat of weathered silver or grey, or even use the pencil trick, then clear them to maybe protect them for a bit. I know future floor polish is supposedly extremely tough when applied, so I wonder how it would protect the paint in an area like that which will get the metal track constantly rubbing it. Guess I can find out.

~ Craig ~

Old 04-28-2013, 06:49 PM
Strato50

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Oh, my mistake!

Paint away lol
Old 07-05-2013, 09:32 PM
Airbrushler

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

did you do the exhuast yet...lol i keep asking i will try to get a pic of mine it's hard to do the one motor gets in the way anyone else have theirs done let us see how you did yours
Old 02-08-2024, 05:01 PM
maillemaker

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Wow this is an amazing thread I just found. I just got a KV-1 and will implement some of this!
Old 03-29-2024, 04:03 PM
maillemaker

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Airbrushler
did you do the exhuast yet...lol i keep asking i will try to get a pic of mine it's hard to do the one motor gets in the way anyone else have theirs done let us see how you did yours
This is the problem I have just run into.

I have replaced the plastic exhaust pipes with the metal ones. But there is barely any room between the down spout and the motor. I tried putting a right-angle cap on the down spout and even that hits the motor.

I think I'm going to try and 3D print a manifold, but may have to cut off the metal downspout even still.