Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Super Smoker is Back Super Smoker II

Well finally its back, and even better, now the Super Smoker II. This unit runs off of 7.2 volts and it has proportional smoke output linked to speeding up or reducing the speed of your motors. It uses a special Fog liquid made of Glycerol, so no greasy residue. The units work in Heng long, Tamiya, SLU, and EL MOD. Although the EL MOD is its own version, and cost $ 60.00 as it has a variable resistor to adjust how the smokes output as it interacts with the EL MOD electronics.

http://rctankwars.com/Products.asp

Phil
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Vt56500.jpg 
Views:	161 
Size:	217.2 KB 
ID:	1786191   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bw72447.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	210.7 KB 
ID:	1786192  
    RCTankWars.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Super Smoker is Back Super Smoker II

Phil, would this work with a simple esc? Might be a neat thing to add to my deuce and a half build.

Cheers
    Wade
    N.E.A.D Member
    All my tanks are in the project stage

Thanks Phil. Any chance of a short video to see this puppy in action outdoors?

Mfpage
    S3 NORDPAC Member: Northwest Division Pacific Armor Corps

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Now, even the more of a reason to push the KV ahead in line!

I just love seeing the diesel exhaust poor out those tips!

~ Jeff
    "Best Job I've Ever Had"

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Rebellion13

Phil, would this work with a simple esc? Might be a neat thing to add to my deuce and a half build.

Cheers
    Wade

Hey Wade,

Sure it should work in a boat as long as you power the unit with 7.2 volts and have one motor to tap into.

Mfpage,,

Well as you are part of NORDPAC I think, I was confused why you have not seen it running in person yet as one of your members has one of the field test units.

He is Jim,, but he is part of the Washington crew, and I don't think he has made the Oregon battle lately. If you ever get together with him you can see it in person.

I enjoy making videos to show stuff, and was holding out before I posted this, but thankfully I am just swamped with some custom builds & upgrades right now, and could not get a video of it yet.

Maybe I can get out this weekend and take a little video clip of it outside for a realistic look

Phil

RCTankWars.com

Phil, I believeI've been to every NORDPAC event this year except one and I have yet to see any smoker in action. I do believe Jim was at the Hobby Expo in February. I will keep my eyes peeled.

Mfpage
    S3 NORDPAC Member: Northwest Division Pacific Armor Corps

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

It's good to finally have another option than the H.L. smoke unit to choose from ...And the price is right too ; considering that it costs around $ 40.00 ( this include the price of the smoker) to upgrade the H.L. unit to a working condition ...
    Heated debates about climate changes contribute to global warming!!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Here's a clip of the SuperSmoker in a Tamiya King Tiger. It's one of the early smokers. The new ones should be even better now that Phil has them again.
    The wind was blowingthe smokearoundin this vid, but the proportional smoke effect is still pretty evident.
    http://youtu.be/EAaeK9gbNu8

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    It seems that there seems to be a misunderstanding that the Super Smoker II that were in the past being sold by the late Phil Pfluger, RC Tank Wars, are no longer available. This is not the case. The person who was building them and selling them through RC Tank Wars has turned the manufacturing and sale of Super Smoker II units over to Radio Control Custom tanks (radiocontrolcustomtanks.com).
    These are exactly the same smokers as before with one slight improvement in that the electronics are now preassembled on a PBC board for convenience. These are the units that use a water based fluid so you don’t get an oily film all over your tank or boat.
    They are the same and the price is still the same $55.00. Plus shipping, flat rate in the US $6.00 USPS Priority Mail.

Thanks
    NYLeatherneck