Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

wire connectors

Old 08-30-2012, 05:30 PM
CHIEFSONN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wire connectors

Not sure if anyone is aware or if any one has seen these, I had the telephone co. stop and do a change over on the box coming[X(] into my house from the street,and this is what he used.[X(] no way!
below are some pictures with out wire and with wires ,these I found are sold in HOME DEPOT if anyone is interested ,they are small and easy to use. to use insert the wires, then using a pair of pliers pinch down on the circle thus connecting the wires together.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl30464.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	105.6 KB
ID:	1796839   Click image for larger version

Name:	Oj28530.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	109.4 KB
ID:	1796840  
Old 08-30-2012, 09:22 PM
204sailor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: wire connectors

Wayne, Those connectors look like a neat idea, especially if your`e running wires down in a tank hull where there isn`t much room.You don`t
have to bring a soldering iron next to a finished hull,you don`t need shrink tubing or electrical tape to cover exposed leads,you only have to be
able to bring up the two exposed leads and crimp them.Extending motor leads without de-soldering would need two of these per lead,as the
extension piece would have two ends.They might even come handy for temporary field repairs or modifications at the field. Thanks for the tip!

Charlie