Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

SLU Backordered ?

Does anyone know what is going on with this system? I may have missed the answer somewhere along the line. And when the Clark boards surfaced, As others have been interested in the TK-20 and 30 so have I, but with recent developments I will most likely pass. Now with that being said, there are a few other concerns. The hooben electronics are frowned upon and from my recollection the SLU uses the same manufacturer. The SLU units have been out of stock for quite some time now, and I haven't heard anything. The aftermarket systems seemed to be flourishing a few months ago but have seemed to do a 180 and we are back to just a few reliable choices once again. Tamiya, Elmod, DBC3/Benedini combo are the few that are still standing the test of time. Now I know the TK boards are new and maybe should be given a chance...time will tell. I am just trying to get at least one of my tanks up and running, with others to follow basically for fun in the backyard. All eventually will be for battles. Just drives me crazy as I have a hard enough time deciding on a system and I weigh all options (price,quality,options etc). Where is my money oak lol. I really don't have the money or time to go balls to the wall with my builds at this time, I have other RC's that are taking up a chunk of tank funds. So back to the original question, what is happening with the SLU? I will now step down from my soap box. Thanks everyone

Cheers,
    Wade
    N.E.A.D Member
    All my tanks are in the project stage

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: SLU Backordered ?

I have two on order.

I expect that they will be here sometime in October.
    Please come on out and join us;

http://www.can-amtankclub.com/

Every one is welcome at our events.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Truth is the Clark board has everyone sitting on the fence. IF it can deliver the goods of the price indicated the competition will be hard pressed to match that many features for the price.

I am just sitting back waiting to see where it goes to see if there is a market share left after the smoke clears with respect to the boards performance and final price point.

Maybe the SLU guys are doing the same thing.

Fireman Tim distributes the SLU. Maybe he knows something??

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks for the replies guys. Just curious as to what was happening, I hope things turn for the better. I was planning on a Tamiya Pershing but a new short course truck might be calling my name lol.

Cheers,
    Wade

N.E.A.D Member
    All my tanks are in the project stage

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Well I can say it is full steam ahead with the Rctankaustralia Mako series, in fact we have a new product called the hammerhead.  At less than 20 bucks it doesn't kill the wallet but it will allow an airsoft to IR battle.
    There is lots still happening, it's just nothing talked about.

www.shop.immortalhobbies.com

North American Distributor Of The Clark TK20 and TK22 Boards

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I just got aMAKO(IR upgrade), and while still not perfect was a great option for the price..I just wish somebody could do something about the sound without having to spend big bucks on other electronics in order to make it work....

ORIGINAL: FreakyDude

Well I can say it is full steam ahead with the Rctankaustralia Mako series, in fact we have a new product called the hammerhead. At less than 20 bucks it doesn't kill the wallet but it will allow an airsoft to IR battle.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gd93566.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	71.2 KB 
ID:	1802743  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

SLU will be in stock  in October.  If you want order one, just let Tim know

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I think the clark board is what your after

ORIGINAL: DirtyBird69

I just got aMAKO(IR upgrade), and while still not perfect was a great option for the price..I just wish somebody could do something about the sound without having to spend big bucks on other electronics in order to make it work....

ORIGINAL: FreakyDude

Well I can say it is full steam ahead with the Rctankaustralia Mako series, in fact we have a new product called the hammerhead. At less than 20 bucks it doesn't kill the wallet but it will allow an airsoft to IR battle.

Tamiya:leopard 2a6, king tiger, Porsche king tiger, panther g, jagdpanther. Hooben: elefant, t-55. HL panther f, Jagdpanther