Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Please Acknowledge...RcTankWars

I got my last email from Phil yesterday morning.  I sent my last shipment to him this morning.  Then i got this bad news.  We almost send emails to each everyday.  Now i lost my brother.  I don't know what else to say.  I miss Phil. God bless you and your family.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi A great loss to the hobbyhewill be missed, always took time to answer questions and help if he could.my thoughts are with his family

regards pete

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

It's a shock and loss for everybody ...My condolences to his family ...
    Heated debates about climate changes contribute to global warming!!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Man, that's really sad news....Phil did most of my electronic conversions. He was hesitant in starting a full business out of working RC stuff, but I told him, that once the word got out and some of his work was seen, he'd be busy. We will all miss him. My condolences to the family. Last photos I have are those he sent me while hiking in the mountains with his daughter. Will any more info be forthcoming?

Bil
    HL M-26, M-46, M-41B, T-34/85, IDF M-51 (2)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Sad news. Nice guy. He promoted a good attitude for helping other people in our hobby.

Hey Bob Held, let's think of an appropriate way for tankers to pay tribute to him at the November Danville event. Thanks.

-Dana

Mr Dana Lowell
    CO: H*E*A*T
    Scale armor: 1969-
    Member #1814 in MVPA: 1977-
    Volunteer at AAF Tank Museum: 2003-

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

My thoughts go out to his family.  After buying a not working right tank on the internet, I went to Phil for my first real tank.  Phil went out of his way to get the tank here before Christmas.  I never meet Phil in person, but reading all his posts on this board to help all of us and seeing the respect and admiration that he was shown on this board I know we have lost a very good person.  I know that it was not my place to do this, but there was nothing yet on RCGroups so I posted a note directing people here.  To paraphrase Hal Moore "Heaven can only be a better place now that Phil is there."  jot

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Very sad news indeed.
    My thoughts also go out to his family and freinds.
    His influence on this hobby has reached across the pond over here in Oz and his MASSIVEcontribution to this hobby will be remembered.

R.I.P

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Oh man...what a loss of such a nice guy and fellow tanker. Trying not to start balling while I type, just exchanged emails with him the last couple of days and even ordered some springs for my kv-2.....everything seemd just fine! What a loss to his friends and family and the greater rc tanking community. God bless brother, we'llmiss you......

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have already posted once, but I just am having a hard time dealing with this. There is an old saying you can't please all the people all the time. Well Phil could and he did. I miss him.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Amen....I'm still in shock....having a tough time dealing with this to..... Even though I never met him in the flesh I have spoke to him on the phone/emails so much I felt like we were pretty tight just on that alone(hell I just emailed him earlier today!).... THIS SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

It's shocking news to me, he was a great guy and fun to battle with. He really did contribute to our hobby. I'll miss him. My condolences to his family.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I am sitting here reading through this post and thinking about how Pghil would call me. When I'd answeer the phone he would yell, "Hey Devildog!" We had many conversations over the years about the friendships found becasue of this wonderful hobby. He was a friend to all of us and one of the vendors that stood out fromt he rest. His support was second to none and I too am having a very hard time with the loss of such a good man.
    Phil cared deeply for all of his friends and his family. I am thinking baout trying to set up a donation from his supporters to help out his family in this tough time. Perhaps I can add his paypal info so that we can donate somethign to help them out? If anyone is for this, let me know.
    I am in touch with Phil's wife and she is in a bad way at the moment. I do not have all the details of what transpired, but I do know that Phil had suffered from multiple hreart attacks a few years back and last year his health was shaky. He was doing much better recently, thoguh. When we spoke I always asked how he was feeling, and he said that he was working out daily and taking his meds and things were looking good. His heart was only 30% eficient when he had the attacks and doctors had told him that with the medication and workout routine, it should imprtove. In time he expected that he may ned a transplant, but there was no reason to think it would be immediately, He passed in his sleep... I will keep you updated with any new information. For now...let's remember the good times we shared while he was with us.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Man I just got off the phone with Mike Krager an hour ago told me about Phil wow don't no what to say been ordering from RC Tankwars for years and emailing back and fourth with Phil about stuff on tanks just got some gearboxes from him last month for a M1A1 conversion he will be missed .

Jimmy

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Very sad news, indeed. My sincere condolences to his family.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

WOW this is a shock, Stince told me at work i couldn't believe it
    Phil has helped everyone of us in one way or another he was the man to go to with any question about RC Tanks
    Phil will be missed by all of us i think we all have to do something special in memory of all that he has done for us and this hobby, be it that September be dedicated
    to Phil Pflueger's RC Tank Wars Tank Month or if someone thinks of a better name then we all vote on it
    something to pay tribute to someone who helped everyone i hope we can find someway of making this happen any ideas? Maybe even a battle dedcated to him in September where we all give a certain amount to the Heart and Stroke Foundation in our area lets see what we come up with

My condolences to his family and Friends

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks for the updates Joe...it really helps. I'm glad he was in no pain when he passed....He definatley made a great impression on a great many people.......

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Stince, Phil would have loved that, man. Something like that would be very nice. As I said, i will be in contact with his wife soon and I will talk to her in the coming days. For right now, she neds time to mourn this great loss. Thank you all very much for the repsonses.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

It's so hard to belive, I too will keep fond memories of Phil and our skull sessions, our tank battles, our working together or my helping out when he was swamped.

And my hat's off to you guys and the awesome legacy he leaves us with.

To his family he was truly a brother and my life is better for having him in it.

And to Phil, I hope you see this, brother that is one hell of a way to get out of a rematch with Ferdinand...rest in peace buddy ..you are sorely missed.

bullyhys

DBC/DBQ 39th Terran Lancers, Dinochrome Brigade
    \"Stand and be Judged\"

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

This is truly a shock.   My friendship with Phil started over 2 years ago as we talked about doing the custom build on my  M48. That started our weekly communication.    Our conversations went beyond that in a short time to family, his health and his faith.  We went beyond vendor and customer to friendship.   Many times I would call him just to check up on him.    It's ironic that last week I finally completed that M48, our first of the many projects he and I would work on.  I will miss our conversations, I will miss his advice, mainly I will miss his friendship.   I believe in our second conversation he told me of his faith.   I will end my comments with a passage from John 14:
    1“Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe also in me. My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am.  
    Phil's faith has now been made sight.    Fair winds my friend.........
    Richard
    Multiple Shermans, Pershing, KV-1, King Tiger, Panther,Tiger 1,M1A1, PZW IV, ZTZ 99,Tiran 5, M-48

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I am sadden by his departure as well. Just received my customised HL KT from him a few months ago...and now he is gone. Truly we have lost a very responsible and honorable man who always strived to keep his end of the bargain in the tank hobby business. May the good Lord comfort his family in this time of their bereavement.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I was at work when I heard this sad news, and after spending most of the day in a funk collecting my thoughts I would just like to add this. Phil was a very big influence on so many of us. The respect and admiration he so much deserved as a true gentleman. When I first got involved with tanks over 5 years ago he was one of the first to help me out, and as others have said, emails back and forth making sure everything was ok. This sad day has made me step back and look at what I have in life, as I am sure others have done the same. This is a small tight community here, and this is a very big loss. I have even contemplated stepping away from this "Tank" hobby and focusing just on rc trucks as I have no connection or friendship with anyone within that niche as it just seems it doesn't feel right without him involved someway, but I know Phil would want all of us to continue on and be passionate about it. Words escaped me earlier, and I did not want to break down at work, I spoke with my wife about what happened and how it has effected everyone on here. I can't even imagine what his family is going through, may God bless them.

Phil left this world way to soon, and he will be sorely missed. We all miss you.

Rest in Peace.

Wade
    N.E.A.D Member
    All my tanks are in the project stage

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I'm so sad to read this.

It was 2008 when I bought my first DBC built by him, bringing for the first time in Italy a Tamiya-compatible IR tank (a HL Panzer III I still own) to battle in front of spectators in a Model Expo event in Milan.

I was a reference point for our hobby, I'm sorry I never had a chance to meet him personally.

Riposa in pace

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey Guys,
    to say that I am shocked - to say nothing... I was in recent e-mail exchange with Phil and have just noticed that post.
    hardly can write aseyes are wet...
    From my side, wud like tosay that Phil'shelp was enourmous to develop our RCTank Battleshere as without his help and material support the hobby would not bespread in such speed herealso...

Our sincere condolences to his wife and family.

R.I.P.from Moscow, Russia...
    www.ircto.org

International Remote Control Tanks Organization

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

[]

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Dirtybird....what a fabulous photo.....what a fitting tribute....thanks.
    Bill
    HL M-26, M-46, M-41B, T-34/85, IDF M-51 (2)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast