Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Please Acknowledge...RcTankWars

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Please Acknowledge...RcTankWars

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2012, 09:27 AM
yellowshaker
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Please Acknowledge...RcTankWars

I wanted to inform everyone here of the very sad news I have just recieved. While driving home this afternoon I got a phone call from Phil's wife. We have lost a fellow tanker this morning. He was one of the innovators in our hobby. To many, he was the man to talk to for all kinds of custom builds. Phil's builds have graced many batle fields over these past years. He sold many guys their very first rc tank. To me, Phil was abrother I never had.Phil was there for me when I got into the hobby andwalkedme through all of the things I did to my first Tiger. We became fast friends. We always talked about how cool it would be to share a battle field and do custom builds together. We finally had that chance in Danville a couple of years ago. Recently we werre planning to attend the nextApril battle weekend again. This did not fit into God's plan. Please keep Phil and his family in your prayers. I know he has left us and gone to a better place.He will be looking down and smiling whenever there is an rc tank battle happening. It was his passion to bring these things to life. He loved to share these tanks with the children in his area.He brought smiles to many faces with these tanks.
Phil, you always had a way to make everyone smile.you brought so much passion to this hobby and so much joy to all of the tankers. You are my friend, and I miss you. Rest in peace, my brother...

Old 09-26-2012, 09:45 AM
harleridr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Please Acknowledge...RcTankWars

Phil sold me my first three tanks and with his help they are still running perfectly. Many thanks my freind. God bless you and your family. You will be sadly missed.
Harle
Old 09-26-2012, 09:46 AM
B.A.D.A.S.S.Force

Very sad news to read, which I am sorry about on so many levels.

Though I've only had direct contact with Phil once while doing some business with him, it was an enjoyable experience. I am sad to know that if I continue down the road following my hobby ambitions, that I will never get to meet him in person or make new deals with him over at RCTankWars.

My condolences & prayers go out to his family.

~ Craig ~
Old 09-26-2012, 09:46 AM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I am shocked and saddened by this news. We were just emailing a couple of days ago, and he never indicated anything was wrong. My prayers are with his wife and family. A reminder to all of us to keep our priorities straight. No one knows when their time is coming. Phil was an example of man that lived and loved life. His helpful nature and smile will be forever etched on me.

He was a wonderful contributor to this hobby, and I am so thankful I got to meet him in person in Danville. His motivations were honest and his work sincere. We have lost a great one. I want to say so much more, but words escape me at the moment, as I am in shock.

Rest in Peace my Friend
Old 09-26-2012, 09:59 AM
Triton-50

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dear Yellowshaker

Please send our most heartfelt sympathies to Phil's family.
his reputation reached this side of the Pond too, he will be very much missed! 

Rest in peace Phil

Triton aka Stewart and Ace Rimmer aka Mark
Old 09-26-2012, 10:03 AM
sevoblast

Received 54 Likes on 40 Posts

God speed, Phil. Rest in peace.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	If10444.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	330.8 KB
ID:	1805150   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lw19055.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	302.9 KB
ID:	1805151  
Old 09-26-2012, 10:03 AM
mortak

I'm sorry to hear this. We helped build up the club here in San Diego and his enthusiasm and joy for this hobby will surely be missed. We all will miss you Phil. So much to say, an honest, hardworking, great all around guy. Semper Fi, RIP devil dog!

David
Old 09-26-2012, 10:14 AM
yellowshaker

Here are a couple of pictures of Phil. One when he was a marine and the other of him while on a hiking trip with his daughter a few years back. The KT was his ustom built Elmod tank that he was very proud of.This is all very difficult to take. It is a loss to all of us in the hobby and all who called him a friend.
I will tell his wife that all of you have he and his family in your prayers.

Name:	Tr51847.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	55.2 KB
ID:	1805163   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dz80694.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	104.0 KB
ID:	1805164   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kp35009.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	116.6 KB
ID:	1805165  
Old 09-26-2012, 10:17 AM
girltankette

Rest in peace Phil - I only met you once for a very short time when you visited Danville. Phil touched many and our thoughts and prayers are with your family.

The Tank Museum crew
Old 09-26-2012, 10:24 AM
Rebellion13

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

I really don't know what to add, I just sent out on another post thanking him for all he has done for this hobby. So sad. I am pretty choked up at this moment, so I will end this reply here.... For now.

Wade
Old 09-26-2012, 10:24 AM
EOT

ORIGINAL: yellowshaker

I wanted to inform everyone here of the very sad news I have just recieved. While driving home this afternoon I got a phone call from Phil's wife. We have lost a fellow tanker this morning. He was one of the innovators in our hobby. To many, he was the man to talk to for all kinds of custom builds. Phil's builds have graced many batle fields over these past years. He sold many guys their very first rc tank. To me, Phil was abrother I never had.Phil was there for me when I got into the hobby andwalkedme through all of the things I did to my first Tiger. We became fast friends. We always talked about how cool it would be to share a battle field and do custom builds together. We finally had that chance in Danville a couple of years ago. Recently we werre panning to attend the nextApril battle weekend again. This did not fit into God's plan. Please keep Phil and his family in your prayers. I know he has left us and gone to a better place.He will be looking down and smiling whenever there is an rc tank battle happening. It was his passion to bring these things to life. He loved to share these tanks with the children in his area.He brought smiles to many faces with these tanks.
Phil, you always had a way to make everyone smile.you brought so much passion to this hobby and so much joy to all of the tankers. You are my friend, and I miss you. Rest in peace, my brother...

My feelings are the same Joe, I had talked to him Sunday and our conversations were more than just tanks. He helped me so many different times with the tanks above and beyond just being a supplier. I too have lost a brother.
My thoughts and prayers go out to him and his family, may God care for you Phil.

Mike EOT

P.S. Pic is Phil and Willy at Danville extravaganza in 2011

Name:	Ay75380.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	83.0 KB
ID:	1805171  
Old 09-26-2012, 10:33 AM
FreakyDude

this truly is a sad day for everyone that knew Phil. I did not get to know him as much as others but I did purchase my first upgrade gear box from Phil.
None the less Phil's family and friends are in my prayers tonight.

Old 09-26-2012, 10:51 AM
MAUS45

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

I just read this Joe. I am just shocked. Phil had just responded to a question I had about the TU's he used in his metal Tiger I in the thread "Tiger I Half Metal All Mighty Machine". My heart and prayers go out to Phil's family.
Old 09-26-2012, 10:57 AM
Panther G

God Bless. You will be sadly missed.
Old 09-26-2012, 11:06 AM
bullyhys

Honors to a Fallen commrade, Phil my friend sleep well buddy, you have earned a rest.
To those loved ones left behind our condolences he will me missed.

This is hard to do for me..I've workrd with Phil alot over the past and have nothing but praise for him and am honored to have him as a friend.

Bullyhys...Merle Mohring
Old 09-26-2012, 11:09 AM
dlobmwm3
My Feedback: (2)

Thank you Joe for letting us know. I also met Phil and you at the April event in 2011 just talking and perusing all the tanks on that Saturday. I am truly saddened by his passing. After talking with Phil for the day when I met him, he was so genuine and helpful to my son and I. Thank you Phil for serving our country and being an advocate for preserving military history by bringing so much interest and passion to the hobby. Your legacy will remain to those you have met.
Old 09-26-2012, 11:32 AM
darkith

Man, that's sad news indeed. Phil was such a genuinely nice guy. Always straightforward to talk to or deal with. And he was always so enthusiastic about tanks, and coming up with ideas to share or involve others in his passion.

Truly a great loss.

David
Old 09-26-2012, 11:35 AM
mustclime

I am Shocked......bought my first 2 dbu's from him....great guy, this is a very sad day. Best wishes to those he left behind.
Old 09-26-2012, 11:39 AM
Panther F

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

I just exchanged emails with Phil for the past week and he sent me a Mato Sherman VVSS just a few days ago!!

My God... this is too much to handle right now.

~ Jeff
Old 09-26-2012, 11:57 AM
Green Amphibian

Phil is a brother Marine and a friend that I will sorely miss. My condolences go out to his family and the friends who will miss him. Semper Fi my friend.

Herman
Old 09-26-2012, 11:58 AM
Pah co chu puk

Received 143 Likes on 93 Posts

This is a sad day indeed for all us tankers. 

My thoughts and prayers go out to his family.
Old 09-26-2012, 11:59 AM
sassgrunt

I am really saddened to hear of his passing. He was a very friendly man, and an honest businessman. This world has too few of both. When the Mato Sherman first came out, I read of some of the radio & electronics problems that some people were having with them. I corresponded with Phil about him building me up a full bells-and-whistles tank with the Elmod system he was selling. It took several months for him to complete (I told him only to work on it between other projects) and he kept me informed the whole time. It is a very good tank now, and I will think of him whenever I see it. I never got to meet him in person, but would really have liked doing so. My deepest condolences go out to his family and the people who knew him. -Mike
Old 09-26-2012, 12:14 PM
edoubleaz

Received 65 Likes on 43 Posts

Phil was a rockstar. Everyone new him by his first name and his equipment was on almost every battlefield coast to coast. He was a member of DAK, SCAT, and his own ATAC and we will surely miss his presence. I found a few photos of events where he was able to share his knowledge and experience with the DBRC/Henglong/Mato crowd and get people into this hobby. No better complement can be said than he was one reason this hobby has grown so much.

DSC_0724 by edoubleaz, on Flickr

DSC_1484 by edoubleaz, on Flickr

DSC_0853 by edoubleaz, on Flickr

DSC_0183 by edoubleaz, on Flickr

DSC_1481 by edoubleaz, on Flickr

DSC_0713 by edoubleaz, on Flickr
Old 09-26-2012, 12:24 PM
wsn123

My condolences to his family. Rest in peace
Old 09-26-2012, 12:32 PM
Scrooem

...wow...prayers and peace to Phil's family. I too have purchased DBU's and technicial support given without hesitation.....a loss to the amature tankers world
restpeacefully Phil, thank you for all of your effort and support, even to us newbies.....
frank

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.