Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

In Memory of Phil Pflueger

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

In Memory of Phil Pflueger

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2012, 10:21 PM
thecommander

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: In Memory of Phil Pflueger

I know I speak for the entire NEAD Club when I say how much Phil will be missed. A great void has appeared in our lives, on this forum and in the RC tank hobby as a whole, without Phil Pflueger. Our heart felt condolences are extended to his beloved family on both coasts. Rest in peace brother Phil.

I have know Phil for several years. He and I would usually talk via phone very late at night. Sometimes for hours...more than once unitl 2AM for me on the east coast. He and I often dreamed of how many people could now afford to get into what is normally and expensive hobby for a reasonable price via the DBU. We spoke of his health issues but never dwelled on them much. Prefering to inspire each other about what this hobby could be... instead of crying in our beer. I was very proud to bring the first of Phils DBUs to Danville about 3 years ago. He was so excited that it worked perfectly at Danville and the KV1 and Walker (Shenlonco-Steve's tank) each aced their first day there. I sent him pix and video of them in action (pix below) and the positive feedback of the Danville gang for his products. I prodded him for two years and he finally made it to the AAF Tank Mus. Extravaganza in April 2011. He had a fantastic time and I know it was a highpoint in his career. He was very busy and worked miracales on many tanks that weekend. I know he was thrilled to have his nephew, Jonah, and family there to share in his favorite hobby. Phil was overjoyed to coach Jonah in battle with the KV1 and loved the demostrations. For many NEAD members like Joe (Yellowshaker) it was their only time meeting him face to face. To battle side by side with him and then break bread with him was something that many of us will first think of when reminicing about Phil. He swore he would be back for the next Extravaganza. I was heartbroken when he told me he couldn't make it this past April for the 2012 event. Now you guys understand better why I preach... DO NOT put off coming to Danville. I'm glad Phil made it.

We have many guys on the "Leading Edge" of this RC tank hobby...Phil was at the point. I know that the RC tank hobby is much more fufilling and rewarding because of all the hard work, personal attention, selfless dedication and boundless generosity of Phil.

Thanks for the bible verse Texchap (Rich is a pastor in VA). I know one of the Father's Mansions that was prepared for Phil.... is filled with RC tanks and fond memories of family and friends.

PS Phil is in the center of the back row in our group shot from the 2011 Extravaganza. He is the big guy with the broad smile and the goatee.

Robert Held, NEAD CO
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl28340.jpg
Views:	323
Size:	117.4 KB
ID:	1805664   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ni23207.jpg
Views:	338
Size:	107.0 KB
ID:	1805665   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf99817.jpg
Views:	354
Size:	116.8 KB
ID:	1805666   Click image for larger version

Name:	To44470.jpg
Views:	344
Size:	270.2 KB
ID:	1805667   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu60174.jpg
Views:	317
Size:	263.8 KB
ID:	1805668   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ez82556.jpg
Views:	327
Size:	58.3 KB
ID:	1805669  
Old 09-27-2012, 11:59 PM
Airbrushler

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

i also would like to say what i said in the other posting this is a devastating shock, i couldn't believe it
Phil has helped everyone of us in one way or another he was the man to go to with any question about RC Tanks

Phil will be missed by all of us i think we all have to do something special in memory of all that he has done for us and this hobby, be it that September be dedicated
to Phil Pflueger's RC Tank Wars Tank Month or if someone thinks of a better name then we all vote on it
something to pay tribute to someone who helped everyone i hope we can find someway of making this happen any ideas? Maybe even a battle dedcated to him in September where we all give a certain amount to the Heart and Stroke Foundation in our area lets see what we come up with i think Phil would want us to do something cool having to do with Tanks i had another idea that we come up with a flag saying Phil Pflueger's RCTankWars with either Phil's picture, his logo or a picture of a Tank on it and to have it put up at every battle in memory of him
all across the globe to each RC Tank Club

My condolences to his family and Friends

Airbrushler/
Greg
Old 09-28-2012, 01:01 AM
HAL_HUSKER

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

I still cannot believe that Phil is not with us. It just seems that I will write to him and he will reply... Big Loss, that will not be recovered... never...

When we started our hobby here, there was no alternative for those who had HL tanks. And we had only one Tam Tiger + 5 HL rc tanks.
You can imagine how we breathed out when we learnt about RCTW (as we have called it and still call it like this, notDBC-1).

Phil did a great job for us here and he was doing untilhis last day. The last order(last parcel) is still in the air and will come soon.Eyes are becoming wet when I read the mails from him and our discussions.
He always was supportive and offered constructiveand reasonable solutions.He was delightedwhenother even not known people gottheir success.

What a remark on our TVu-TUBEchannel: "...Man that was a great fight between the Tamiya KV-1 and Heng long M-26 with the DBU/DBC. It is very cool to see a system I build not only competing but taking out a Tamiya. Just goes to show that the DBC/DBU makes a Heng long very competive with Tamiya and very good patience and tactics buy the M-26 Pershing driver as well..." This is awesome, very awesome...

Frankly I will miss him a lot. Very good open Man, very honest and always supportive Partner.

Will never be forgotten and Remebered in Peace.

My sincere condolences to the family.

Hal Husker

Founder TO"Tank Club Moscow"
Russia

Old 09-28-2012, 05:44 AM
nyleatherneck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Semper Fi Marine, God speed. Your advice and help was invaluable, we will miss you.
Carl
Old 09-28-2012, 07:14 AM
SGTMAJMVJ

I did not know Phil personally. He was in the Marines. So he is a brother.

He is guarding the gates of Heaven now for sure.

Semper Fi!
Old 09-28-2012, 07:26 AM
sturmgescheutz

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi guys,

unfortunately, I got the news about Phil's death.

For years, he has worked with me, I am very shocked.

My thoughts are with him and his family.

Guido from Henntec

Old 09-28-2012, 07:40 AM
Turbobearcat

I am in tears right now, I remember talking to Phil on the phone a few times, a really good guy to deal with and I know bought half of my tanks from.

I am sorry to hear of his passing and that loss to everybody here but his work and his business will be remembered very well.

God Bless you Phil.
Old 09-28-2012, 08:12 AM
Baron Fel

Every night in our rack we had to recite this to our drill sgt.:

The Tankers Prayer

I pray Thee, Heavenly Father,
Please hear this tanker's prayer
And send an angel to me
For my tank and crew to care.

Be with us for we need
And lend a helping hand,
And carry safely our machine
Across this barren land.

Please keep our tank from running dry
When we face the foe in fight,
And place our gunner's cross hairs
On the tank that comes in sight.

'Keep our wedge nuts on and tightened
And the tension in our tracks
And be the eyes for our guards at night
When we are in the sack.'

Please keep our radios in shape
And our comms working right.
Be with us when we kneel and pray,
Ride with us day and night.

Please keep our ammo coming,
Help us ring out freedom's bell.
But above all, Heavenly Father,
See us do our duty well.

And if we fall in combat,
In the mist of morning grey,
We ask Thee, Heavenly Father,
Take the pain and sorrow away.

A good friend and a big loss to this hobby.

Tony

Old 09-28-2012, 08:42 AM
karel47

although i never had contact with Phil i know its a great loss such a guy dedicated to rc tanks for his customers

My condolenses to his family and his nearest friends

he will be mist but not forgotten

amen
Old 09-28-2012, 09:12 AM
swathdiver

Completely shocked! We just checked in with each other a few days ago! What happened?

Our friend was saved by Grace through repentance towards God and faith in Jesus Christ. He's passed into eternity in sweet fellowship with our Lord and Savior. Phil has gone home to Heaven.

Prayer to God to comfort his loved ones and those friends suffering from his loss.
Old 09-28-2012, 04:14 PM
Saxondog

Very well said,God bless Phil in his new glory. He is waiting for us to follow,once again leading the way,and helping others to follow by his example.
Old 09-28-2012, 07:21 PM
texchap

http://www.youtube.com/user/RCTankWa...ture=g-all-lik

Phil's tank page.....
Old 09-28-2012, 11:28 PM
steenv

Rest in piece Phil

A fellow tanker
Steen
Old 09-29-2012, 06:22 AM
tgr6669
My Feedback: (1)

My condolensces to his family , This thread is a good reminder of what a great impact Phil had on this hobby and the people that he even had the slightest contact with . I know for myself , that without Phil and RcTankwars, I would not be enjoying battling . I baught my 1st Dbu from him and have been battling ever since . His patience and understanding really helped . Yep , He will be missed .
Old 09-29-2012, 10:53 AM
kettenkopf

It was a priviledge to have known Phil. It is not exaggeration to say he was a pillar of our community and leaves a huge void. Always friendly and willing to answer questions and follow up with complete explanations/ photos whatever it took like no other supplier I've known, for sure. Of course he was being the tank enthusiast and not just a vendor. A couple weeks ago he took time to measure parts for me to help with a project. No more of that quality of attention to customers. I relied on him to be the supplier I could send new guys to, knowing he would do right by them unfailingly. I was handing out his cards to interested guys at a model show on the U.S.S. just last weekend not aware that he was actually in ill health. Now I really regret not visiting him when I was in San Diego a few months ago.

He will be missed, but maybe if we all lend help where we can with our fellow modelers just a bit more, we can honor his spirit and his dedication to the hobby.

Rich Upton

X.O. Bay Area Tankers

Old 09-29-2012, 08:21 PM
no12skyline

As much as it is a loss to the RC tanking community, I rather think that he's been called to God for a higher purpose.

RIP and GodSpeed
Old 09-29-2012, 08:58 PM
mustclime

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Let me just say that when I am gone, it will not effect nearly as many people as it has with Phil's passing. Not that it is any standard but when someones passing effects as many people as Phil's has, it says something about the man...at least to me......My best wishs to those he left behined.
Old 09-30-2012, 05:01 AM
CCC2012
Banned

REST IN PEACE PHIL....I BOUGHT MY M16 HALFTRACK FROM HIM....DAMN....
Old 09-30-2012, 10:08 AM
EOT

On behalf of the Detroit tank Command club we wish too express our condolences, thoughts and  prayers to Phil's family. With him there are at least 5 members that wouldn't be in the hobby. We are all shocked and saddened by this sudden loss and he will be greatly missed

Mike                                                                                                                                  EOT
Old 09-30-2012, 12:02 PM
Duca

O My God!!!! I can't belive it!!!  Phil Was AWESOME!  Im So Sorry to here this news. I have been out of the Hobby for a while but always checked in now and then. Phil was the one who really got me into the hobby. I hope SOMEONE will be able to fill hie shoes when it comes to building our tanks...My prayers go out to hie Family....I can not believe this bad news.....I will miss him...............

Old 09-30-2012, 05:49 PM
yellowshaker
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Phil recently sent me this song to modify for an elmod tank. I think of him every time I listen to it...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Bdl8pJ8RqTQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 09-30-2012, 09:52 PM
thecommander

Thanks Joe,

The beloved Panzerlied is a tanker favorite... I am planning a memorial in honor of Phil at the next NEAD event at at the November Battleweekend at Danville that NEAD will also be hosting. I will keep you updated as well. I will post here on RCU on our NEAD forum on Yahoo. I have already contacted Karen. Our prayers will continue for his family.

Bob

Old 10-01-2012, 06:26 AM
wayne k

i'm sorry to hear of phil's passing.i never met him in person, however i bought a tank and many upgrades for my other tank from him. he took the time to answer all my questions and after speaking with him for 5 minuits you felt you were talking to a friend. i think i spoke to him about 10 times,i never meant to keep him long,i knew he had things to do, but a conversation with him had it's own life. he would relate a story and wanted to hear what you had to say. a really good guy.
Old 10-01-2012, 10:05 AM
HAL_HUSKER

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Condolences from Russian RC Tankers... http://www.d-i-m.su/forum/showthread.php?t=2634
Old 10-01-2012, 12:35 PM
Patski

wow..i'm kinda shocked right now...Phil always ansered my messages for help without asking anything in return...he helped me choose my first tank and kinda launched me in the tankssection of RC...I will miss his advices greatly...Rest In Peace Phil...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.