Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

In Memory of Phil Pflueger

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

In Memory of Phil Pflueger

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2013, 05:22 PM
Airbrushler

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Default RE: In Memory of Phil Pflueger

i see you added a bit more to it Hal Husker
Phil would love this tank
looks Fantastic
Old 06-02-2013, 08:04 AM
B.A.D.A.S.S.Force

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can't believe I somehow missed your updated image of the tank being posted back in mid May , so thank you for the extradedication honoring Phil that you have added to your Sherman Alexey, it's the way many people on various forums also might have remembered him very fondly, as "blitzkrieg65" ... & it looks great.

I still miss seeing new posts on the forums coming from him using that memorable user ID!

~ Craig ~

Old 06-03-2013, 10:25 AM
HAL_HUSKER

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

ORIGINAL: B.A.D.A.S.S.Force

I can't believe I somehow missed your updated image of the tank being posted back in mid May , so thank you for the extradedication honoring Phil that you have added to your Sherman Alexey, it's the way many people on various forums also might have remembered him very fondly, as "blitzkrieg65" ... & it looks great.

I still miss seeing new posts on the forums coming from him using that memorable user ID!

~ Craig ~
this was the right point and thanks for mentioning this in our conversation...
yeah me too... missing him.

Old 07-24-2013, 04:00 PM
T Skaz

I am new to this forum and RC tanks. How old was Phil and what did he die from? Is that him in the picture in Marine Dress? Sounds like he was a great guy. With great character. Skaz
Old 09-05-2013, 07:48 PM
atnhstywen

as all of you know, I received the terrible news this afternoon that we have lost a friend,
Old 09-30-2013, 06:02 AM
yellowshaker
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Phil had been sick for some time with his heart. He passed away from a massive heart attack a year ago. I still miss my friend.
Old 11-07-2013, 10:54 AM
B.A.D.A.S.S.Force

You are missed by so many Phil ...

Please use anaglyph red/cyan glasses to properly view the below 3D image I've created in honor of Phil.

~ Craig ~
Old 11-11-2013, 07:01 AM
B.A.D.A.S.S.Force

After creating & posting the 3D image above several days ago, then looking & thinking about how I spelled Phil's name, I have looked into it a bit more, & have actually seen Phil's name spelled two different ways, both as Philip & as Phillip.

Since no comment has been posted in regards to the above 3D image honoring Phil, & not really any comments for the other couple 3D images I've posted in other threads either, I'm left to guess that no one frequenting this forum seems to own a pair of 3D glasses to view them & comment on them, or there just isn't any real interest at all in viewing anaglyph 3D images here on this forum. I was just trying to offer something a little different than the typical photos, & though it's OK if no one is really interested in viewing 3D images, out of respect I would definitely want to have the 3D image I post here in his thread in honor of Phil, have the proper spelling of his name.

So if anyone can reply here or PM me, & give me a definitive, absolutely correct spelling of Phil's name as Philip (as I currently have it) or Phillip, having 1 or 2 "L"s, it is greatly appreciated! Thank you.

~ Craig ~
Old 11-13-2013, 05:20 PM
thecommander

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Philip is the correct as far as I recall. No matter what..... you appreciated him and your graphic work did not go unnoticed by me Craig. I'm sure Phil would be pleased that we still think of him. It is a shame that no one could fill his shoes in the RC tank hobby. We had a big loss in our friend Phil and countless tankers have lost since they never got to meet him.
Old 11-14-2013, 12:26 PM
B.A.D.A.S.S.Force

I was thinking about taking some photos Phil & others posted with his tanks, & creating them in 3D at some point too, but we'll see.

And thanks Bob, hope we are correct about the spelling, this way the current image can remain. I will add that with the few phone conversations I had with Phil, & the short amount of time I knew of him & was able to follow him here & on other tank forums, he made a lasting impression ... it's very unfortunate I never will get the opportunity to meet him in person one day. I hope others can get some glasses & view the 3D image too.

~ Craig ~
Old 12-11-2013, 05:59 AM
HAL_HUSKER

Since Phil did a lot of good things for us, to make RC TankBattles happen a special page to him was dediacted on our web-portal - http://www.d-i-m.su/forum/showthread.php?t=3454
Old 10-21-2014, 03:35 PM
yellowshaker

Phil, I been thinking about you a lot lately, brother. I miss my friend still. Gonna build something you would really like soon.
Old 10-22-2014, 08:50 AM
MAUS45

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

Yes, Phil is still missed. Miss you to Joey!!! Hope you are doing well?
Old 11-11-2015, 09:14 PM
yellowshaker

Phil, been thinking about you today, brother. Happy Veteran's Day to you, and thank you and all the service members for everything. God Bless, Devil dog!

Last edited by yellowshaker; 11-11-2015 at 09:18 PM.
Old 11-12-2015, 02:45 PM
Ex_Pat_Tanker

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts

o7 my old friend, you got many of us who were otherwise put off by the cost of Tamiya electronics, and scared off by the thought of trying to solder a homebrew kit, into this hobby.

Still thinking of you.
Old 09-28-2016, 01:46 AM
Panther F

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

Yesterday looking through a few Danville videos I saw an image of Phil and just realized it's been 4 years this month since his passing. I never met the man but did speak with him over the phone days before and found a very interesting and very energetic tanker.

So for those of you that were lucky enough to have met him know what I'm talking about and seeing how things are today how much of that void is still being felt.

R.I.P. Phil Pflueger

Jeff
Old 10-02-2016, 10:25 AM
yellowshaker

Well said, Jeff. I miss talking to him and still find myself picking up the phone to give him a call. No one could fill his shoes in this hobby. He brought something that was really special. And he was genuine in everything he said and did. Miss my brother.
Old 10-04-2016, 04:23 AM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yes, Phil was passionate about this hobby. He was here to have fun. I met him , once, in person at Danville, and his enthusiasm for these tanks was unquestionable. He was battling hard and had an exuberant attitude. You would have never known he had a heart condition. Hard to believe 4 years have passed.
Old 10-08-2016, 08:52 AM
RichJohnson

Received 374 Likes on 238 Posts

I never met him, having skirted this hobby a couple times over the last decade before I really jumped in.
Being in San Diego I am pretty close I guess, to where he lived. Since I am now the front man for our new battle group, I encounter people that met him in the past and ask if he is in our club. This has happened a few times so far. Nothing remains of the old clubs that were in the San Diego area. One regular that come to our battles knew him. Occasionally some stragglers from the past clubs show up.
I wish I could have met the man. I suspect we would have hit it off really well.
Old 10-08-2016, 09:24 PM
TheBennyB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I only met the man once (same weekend as Dan at Danville) and he still leaves an impression on me!
Old 02-28-2017, 12:21 AM
HAL_HUSKER

Hey, Guys, we are finishing our HDQ office.

Just a gesture to commemorate Phil's help and hand to us. To say once again without Phil rctanks wars in Russia would be hardly started.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9931.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	240.2 KB
ID:	2203339  
Old 02-28-2017, 09:44 AM
Airbrushler

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

That's Awesome Hal-Husker
Old 02-28-2017, 10:35 AM
yellowshaker

Beautiful tribute for him.
Old 03-02-2017, 11:00 AM
MAUS45

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

Really nice gesture Hal_Husker!!!
Old 03-03-2017, 03:22 AM
HAL_HUSKER

You know guys this is just nothing!
We remember Phil, his passion and good will!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.