Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Danville September Battle Weekend Pics & Video

Steve,

You did a wonderful job with all the pictures!!! Makes me just want to pack up 3 wks early and go to the museum. What camera are you using as I noticed very little camera shake in the video. Do you have it on some kind of stabilizer?
    Tam Panther G, Tam KV-2, T-34/76 1943 Daryl Turner Edition (WSN/Tamiya), T-34/76 1942 Daryl Turner Edition (WSN/Tamiya)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Steve,

You did a wonderful job with all the pictures!!! Makes me just want to pack up 3 wks early and go to the museum. What camera are you using as I noticed very little camera shake in the video. Do you have it on some kind of stabilizer?
    Tam Panther G, Tam KV-2, T-34/76 1943 Daryl Turner Edition (WSN/Tamiya), T-34/76 1942 Daryl Turner Edition (WSN/Tamiya)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

dlobmwm3,
    Yes my new Canon video camera has active image stabilization, which I use at times, between that and You Tube stabilizingthe videoit turns out to be pretty stable. I'm ready to go back again.

Herman,
    November is right around the corner, I'll see you there!
    Steve

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Steve,

Which Canon is it?

//Danny

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Danny,
    Thanks for the compliment about the pictures.I try hard to be steady when I am shooting video,but if you saw my raw footage you would see that at times I fail miserably.
    My camera is the Canon Vixia HF-S21 it has been superceded by another model with the same features more or less, but with less on board memory, mine has 64GB and the newer model only has 32GB which seems like enough, until you travel to Europe and visit the Fleet Air Arm Museum and Bovington, Saumur and Munstertank museums and numerous landmarksin one ten day period and shoot video and photos every day. Luckily the Canon camcordershave dual memory card slots so you can easily add up to another 32GB per slotto what is already on board.
    Most of thehigher endCanon models have the active stabilization on them now.
    The stills turned out alright for pulling frames from the video they are not as good as shooting stills, but it is the only way to get the barrel flash and the apple lighting upin the still. Although it can be done,I forget now who showed me,but it was either one of Bob's daughters or Buckeye's daughter did manage to capturethe barrel flash ofsomeones tank firing while shooting stills (sorry don't remember who exactly). That is very good timing, I know I'm not that lucky so I have to shoot video.
    Steve

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12