Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Leopard2a6 no worky w/ DX6i

Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Leopard2a6 no worky w/ DX6i

Old 10-20-2012, 10:58 AM
Despotes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Leopard2a6 no worky w/ DX6i

Isuccessfully bound my DX6i to the AR6000 receiver. Light is solid.
When Itried to set the range of the sticks per instructions "Push Set button for 1 second" the LED light flashes as suggested, but when the next step says to move the sticks the LED simply remains solid through all the sticks adjustments. The LED is suppose to blink in a pattern as written in the instructions each time I move a stick through it's range, but the LED is not indicating that it's accepting the input.

The lights on the tank work. The HVU light is on and making a low electrical noise.
I have the DMD "Throttle" channel connected to "Throttle" on the receiver. DMD "Steering" connected to "Aileron"
DMD "Gun" connected to "Elevator" and DMD "Turret" connected to "Rudder".

None of the channels are working.

Is the DMD control unit defective or is something messed with w/ my transmitter?

Update: Figured it out. Ihad the connectors in the RX backwards. They had tabs and only installed one way-until Isnipped the tabs off and reversed them.
Now Ineed to get it to fire.

Old 10-20-2012, 01:04 PM
EOT

Default RE: Leopard2a6 no worky w/ DX6i

When you set up the DMD/Mfu unit set the travel for cannon fire / MGat 100% and after set up set the cannon/ MG travel to 125% all the Tamiya's are like this for the DX6i

Mike EOT
Old 10-20-2012, 01:30 PM
tomhugill

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Hey mike, I know what you mean because I do it on my tamiyas with a dx5e but for some who's never done it this will sound very confusing! I had to swap my channels around to get movement on right stick, by default it operates with throttle on left stick and steering on roght
Old 10-20-2012, 01:48 PM
Despotes

Thanks for the advice.
I got the machine gun to fire after giving up on the main gun. The main cannon fired a few times, but the recoil is messed up. The recoil motor kept running and running 'til I shut it all down.
 I pushed/pulled on the barrel to feel the amount of resistance it has. It is quite stiff. Is it suppose to be?
Old 10-20-2012, 02:44 PM
bowlman

Received 81 Likes on 67 Posts

Here you go a link I saved for setting up the DX6i read down the page you will find a set up from dazman and grompix read every thing I have a DX6i that I run a KT and a Panther from works fine .

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_73...tm.htm#7301841

Jimmy
Old 10-20-2012, 03:01 PM
Jeff489
My Feedback: (12)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

How old is your DX6i?  Is it DSMx or DSM2?
Old 10-20-2012, 03:23 PM
Despotes

DSM2

It seems the recoil unit is totally bound up somehow. Also, I can't get it to fire now.
 The machine gun fires only within a tight window of settings. Frustrating.

Thanks for the link.  I'm not sure how the settings would work with my throttle preference on the left.
 Why can't the guns be assigned to a switch? Flaps?

Old 10-20-2012, 05:47 PM
Jeff489
My Feedback: (12)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

DSM2 radios work fine with AR6000s, so you should be good there.  Keep working at it, Spektrums work just fine.  We use them on our Leos.

Old 10-20-2012, 07:09 PM
no12skyline

If you want a quick and nasty way of ensuring that your guns fire, during the set up process, move your elevator and aileron channels to half of their full travel. That fools the DMD into setting that as the extent. Once you're done with the setting up, pushing the stick to the actual physical limit will then give you your guns. You do have take note to use half-travel to traverse your turret though.
Old 10-21-2012, 01:43 PM
Despotes

I disassembled the recoil servo which bound up because the barrel was obstructed by a drop of dried glue in the barrel channel.
 It's nice and smooth after scraping it out and works real nice.
 The main gun shoots/recoils now that I re ran the set up process and didn't move the elevator lever all the way to the top.