Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Battle Armor webpage updated

I spent some time this weekend updating my web page and putting in a tutorial section.

Also with Phil's passing there is no one supporting RTR DBC electronics anymore. Out of respect and friendship for Phil, I never competed against him for the sale of RTR DBC2's. But there is a void there now. THe RTR DBC3 that I sell does everytihg the DBC2 does except I had to sacrices the servo recoil for the interface to the Benedini.

However the DBC can stand alone on its own without a Benedini and is now Factory assembled in Canada. I have devoted some space on the webpage hi-lighting this fact. Also because it can utilize the Benedini this starter sytem is an investment into something bigger if you want it to be.

Battle Armor

Cheers

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Battle Armor webpage updated

I'm studying Constitutional Law in the library and procrastinating.

But, With Phil's passing, there is a large void left in the North American tank vendor arena for the Heng Long/custom products that are available. I know stocking material for an internet related business where volume is low and margins challenging might be the last thing someone would want to do - but there sure is a need for that service.

I truly hope you or someone like you with integrity and passion would step forward and supply those services. Although the internet is a fickle place, from the short time that I have been involved in tanking, I have an appreciation for your commentary and help and believe this community would support you or someone of your nature in providing such services and products.

Otherwise, we might have to all band together and create a 1970's style CO-OP (are there any of those left?).

tjs
    King Tiger, KV-1, Tiger 1, Pershing

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I agree with the void that nedds to be filled after Phil's passing. It would be great if someone like you Dan would consider such a challenge. Again my sympathy goes to Phil's family. He was a wonderful person.

Be well,

David

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Guys, I am working on getting somethign going. I have been in contact with a few companies and I am trying to work things out with them to start up over here. I haven't said anything, but perhaps this is the right time to do so. Phil and I were very good friends and he always tried to give me a push to start doing the same thign he was. He used to joke with me and say I can have rctankwars East Coast. I never di, of course, but now that we have lost Phil, I also feel the hobby needs someone to try to fill the void. I don't know too much at the moment. I will say that I have become the distributor for the USA for one company, hoever, nothing else is written in stone at the moment...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Joe,

Good for you! Make sure you post it here when you get a website up and running. I know you and Phil were close and your sense of fairness and honesty are without reproach as was his. I give you my support in this endeavor for whatever it is worth.

Herman
    The older I get, the better I was.

LVT 4, USMC M4 105mm, Stug III, Hetzer, DD Sherman building.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Joe

You know my thoughts on this already. You have demonstrated a passion, and are a natural to help fill the void that Phil's passing has created. I have no illusion or time to do more then I already am doing in this hobby right now. Remember how Phil started. Slow and steady with his first priority being customer service. I have been asked many times to do more, but I just can't. I think there is some market there for you to check out. A lot of people are intimidated by the stuff you take for granted.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thank you guys. I appreciate the support. Slow and steady is the way to go. Customer service has to be priority to have any success in a business venture. Phil had a customer base and people's trust. He always did the right thing and that is why is he always going to be remembered in this hobby. It's who he was that made the difference. Whatever happens, I will try to the best of my ability....

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Good on you Joe......
    Richard
    Multiple Shermans, Pershing, KV-1, King Tiger, Panther,Tiger 1,M1A1, PZW IV, ZTZ 99,Tiran 5, M-48

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Joe, I will add my 2c. I truly and I mean truly believe that you would have nothing less then the customer first attitude, and you also have the drive and passion to make it a success. Now I have this feeling that the gentlemen from elmod who said they were looking at another supplier in the works, were talking about you. And this would be great news if it were true. And if I could give advice, and as others stated take it slow, but I will say this, you already have a following. And your friend here (me) lol would not hesitate to purchase from you.

Cheers
    Wade
    N.E.A.D Member
    All my tanks are in the project stage