Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Do any of you have positive reviews for MatoMart?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Do any of you have positive reviews for MatoMart?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2018, 08:12 AM
Cruiser133

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You didn't return it with a signature required? Sorry you are going through this. I will definitely not buy anything from them.
Old 04-07-2018, 05:35 PM
Martellus

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ive bought 3 or so tanks from them no issues so far, but no recent purchases either
Old 04-07-2018, 07:50 PM
RCfans2016

Originally Posted by Chow_Hound
I've only had a couple dealings with Matomart but they were very good about Customer service. Sent me a replacement spring after Ilost one for the metal sherman VVSS suspension free of charge.

Agree good customer service! I have had positive feedback for Mato mart. They are good people to deal with. 1 vote for positive on Mato mart
Old 04-08-2018, 12:44 PM
Bagheera

Over the years (since 06) I've purchased about 22 tanks and lots of parts. Now I have 26 tanks.
Matomart is great to deal with, no problems. What do you think is better working / building or playing with the tanks.

Johnny
HL Tiger lx2,Pzr.lll x2, Pzr.lV x2, KT x2, Stug.lll, Jadg / Panther G, M26 x2, Sherman x2, Leopard 2A6M Can, Chally 2, T90, KV1, M1 Abrams. Tam Sherman, Jagdpanther, M1 Abrams. Mato M10, Stug.lll, Sturmtiger. thats all so far but need more tanks from Matimart
Old 04-10-2018, 05:52 PM
SVTCobra
My Feedback: (10)

Matomart refused to answer any further to Better Buisness Bureau and refuses to work anything out. My credit card company is now investigating them and I have submitted help from the Media. Stay tuned. And for those that have had no trouble with matomart, I hope you never have an issue because you will find out how you will get treated.
Old 04-14-2018, 06:43 AM
Imex-Erik

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

Just out of curiosity what did you order? Is it something similar to what we carry? I would love to show you the difference between US and foreign support I won't be back until about the 25th or so from our factory but if you can Pm me I'll do what I can for you my friend!
Old 04-14-2018, 02:05 PM
maillemaker

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I ordered spare parts for my Heng Long Sherman and PIII on 3/25/2018 and received them today on 4/15/2018.

Steve
Old 04-14-2018, 09:02 PM
Imex-Erik

Wow three weeks... Well next time hit me up even if you don't see it on the site ok? You never know what I got stashed around!
Old 04-15-2018, 05:42 AM
maillemaker

Wow three weeks... Well next time hit me up even if you don't see it on the site ok? You never know what I got stashed around!
I needed the runner with all the bits and bobs that attach to the turret, and I did not see that item on your web page:

Heng Long Sherman 105mm Parts

Steve
Old 04-16-2018, 06:33 AM
Shorty54

I ordered March 12 and received April 9.

Shad
Old 04-16-2018, 07:17 AM
Imex-Erik

Originally Posted by maillemaker
I needed the runner with all the bits and bobs that attach to the turret, and I did not see that item on your web page:

Heng Long Sherman 105mm Parts

Steve
Yea no go on HL parts, sorry Won't carry or order that stuff anymore.
Old 04-16-2018, 03:05 PM
SVTCobra

Ok guys, this is how it started. This is what I bought off MatoMart''s website. If you read the description, it clearly indicates it is Infrared with battle recoil system pre-installed. When that item didn't arrive, I asked Steve why I wasn't sent what was on their site. He replied in an email that basically their is no such item in Infrared and I should order the right thing.... As everyone can see, his website showed an Infrared henschel kingtiger. Then he got mad when I filed a PayPal dispute, so mad, he cut all ties and communication with me. The picture I posted proves they had this fictional item on their site and I thought this is what I was buying.

It clearly says it is an Infrared tank , nowhere does it say airsoft.
Old 04-16-2018, 11:32 PM
Strathcona

I have no issues with Matomart.
Old 04-17-2018, 01:02 AM
Imex-Erik

Just a back story on that tank.... Mato actually stole that from Torro while they were trying to partner up for that. I believe there was also a third party but it has been a while since I heard the story.
Old 04-17-2018, 05:24 AM
maillemaker

It's a Heng Long tank and Heng Long has not made infrared tanks for some time as I understand it. It looks to me like an error was made in the description. The proper way for Mato to handle it would have been to send a shipping label for you to print out and send it back.

Steve
Old 04-18-2018, 10:45 AM
SVTCobra

Exactly, Steve. They should have. And none of this would have happened. But he wouldn't listen to me or accept their posted item saying that.. So it ended up going to a PayPal dispute. MatoMart passed the buck and told me it was an issue between me and the other guy. Whole thing is a big mess. My credit card charge with PayPal was by MatoToys, even though I bought it off MatoMart''s website. This problem occurred with both names Mart and Toys.

Last edited by SVTCobra; 04-19-2018 at 02:11 AM. Reason: Clarification
Old 04-20-2018, 06:14 PM
gp100

I was going to buy a few things from them, but quickly decided against it..

They seem to have numerous complaints with the BBB.. So I think I'll just avoid the potential hassles..

I already got burned once.. I don't need another company putting the screws to me..
Old 04-21-2018, 10:31 AM
RCfans2016

Originally Posted by gp100
I was going to buy a few things from them, but quickly decided against it..

They seem to have numerous complaints with the BBB.. So I think I'll just avoid the potential hassles..

I already got burned once.. I don't need another company putting the screws to me..

Where did you see mato mart has numerous complaints with the BBB? I found none from BBB website since their BBB File Opened: 18-04-2011. Just curious....

https://www.bbb.org/kitchener/busine...rie-on-1233438
Old 04-21-2018, 04:27 PM
gp100

Hi RCfans,

I found a link there a few weeks ago, but that link no longer works for some reason.. I have no clue why.. There were 5 complaints I saw.. 3 were closed with resolution, and 2 were still open, so I don't know.. But that, and the threads here were enough to sway me from buying anything.. I have no clue whether or not they are good or not., But I am leery of it enough to think twice about it.. I just didn't want to take the risk.. It wasn't worth it to me.. I will post the link here, and if you read the link address in your browser bar, after you go to the site, you'll see it does in fact go to Mato-Toys International..

It was there, now it's gone.. If you can get it to work, please let me know.. Thanks.

All it says now is, " 404, we can't find the page you're looking for. It may have moved or no longer exist. "

Now, if that is a different company name than the mato we are talking about here, then I apologize if that is not the right company.. But it looked right to me..

Link Here:

https://www.bbb.org/kitchener/busine...and-complaints

Last edited by gp100; 04-21-2018 at 10:13 PM.
Old 04-22-2018, 09:45 AM
RCfans2016

Hi gp100

I'm actually not too familiar with BBB. I have never contacted them to check the reputation of a business. I was curious then I went to BBB website to search. to see what its all about. When i typed mato, the only thing that comes up is a company called mato toys international. I tried typing mato mart but no record came up. I believe matomart is the company mato toys international. they are the same company. What I did find interesting on BBB website was this- Best buy has 405 customer complaints, 72 negative reviews VS 2 positive reviews. Even costco has 69 customer complaints and the review rating is only 50%. I don’t know what would effect to a business if it has lower rating on BBB. But i Do know people absolutely still go best buy and costco.

I originally thought this thread is an advertising created by mato mart. Because it actually makes mato mart look good. My buddy said 80% of his tank club members buy from mato mart…. A lot of positive feedback mixed with some negative feedback to make it look real….. just my opinion not trying to offend anyone! My experience with mato mart has been good.

I actually don’t 100% trust the “ reviews" I see on the internet. The best way to protect yourself is pay by Paypal with your credit card. You will then have double protections. When you had problem with Paypal, you could have your credit card provider file against Paypal just in case. Paypal has never disappoint me. And i always be patience and polite with the businesses where i shop from. My way to treat them would make them hard to rip me off. We shopping for fun and happiness. No need to be rude even if something has happened. Be reasonable and gentle would make the people who you deal with hard to against you. The last point is shop on line instead of buying locally unless you go for some good brand products. For whatever payment methods when you sign on the receipt you may loose control of the money. No middle man would stand up for you. Online shopping is safer. Enjoy the forum.
Old 04-22-2018, 02:57 PM
gp100

Hi RCFANS,

Oh, I agree with you.. Online reviews can be tainted.. So it's best to not listen to them 100% at times.. It kinda depends on the reviews, and where they came from..

And yep. I agree. You'll find BBB complaints on many retailers out there.. Typically, the bigger they are, the more complaints they get.. Like Walmart for example..

I'm sure there are people who have bought from mato with no issue at all. Of that, I truly have no doubt.. I just didn't think it was worth the risk to me on $200 worth of purchase.. Honestly, I bought one tank, and will never buy another due to a bad experience I had.. Wasn't mato though.. So, for me, I'm just limiting my loses and watching out now.. I found out the hard way, that some companies are big on promise, short on delivery of it.. Hence, I think, "screw me once, shame on you.. Screw me twice, shame on me." Hence why I no longer purchase tank related stuff through Amazon.. I use only my credit card to order direct from companies. And if they try to pull anything, I can dispute the charge with my CC company..

I'm not a big fan of PayPal either.. I've heard horror stories about them.. So, I won't deal with them.. Just my way of again, protecting myself.. Some people swear by them, others swear at them.. I just choose to limit my exposure, and take steps to protect my assets..

I also have my own website. Where I get between 45,000 to 55,000 hits a month.. I don't give the site info out, because it's a conflict that starts numerous arguments on many forums, and I don't need that.. So I quit doing it.. But needless to say, I have what I call the "list of shame." If you wind up on that list, people see it.. And it has been known to put some hobby shops and vendors out of business.. Some even in my own state.. If they wind up on that list, they earned it by doing something to wind up on it.. I don't like it when I get burned.. And I take a dim view of it.. I don't like others to get burned either by bad vendors.. So that list has hurt many vendors.. With that many people reading each month, chances are, you lost a few customers over it..

Even on Amazon, I have a presence.. I've put several Chinese vendors out of commission that were selling cheap knock offs of stuff..

Your right that no middle man will stand up for you in most cases.. So you have to watch out for yourself.. That's another reason vendors need to be careful who they burn.. Because you never know as a vendor or company, when screwing that one person, could come back to bite you in the ass.. Word of mouth is your best cheap advertising.. It can make you, or break you in business.. When you do one person wrong, thousands hear about it.. And how many of them will think twice before buying? Given my experience.. Plenty..

With places like Costco, they are big enough, that if they lose a few customers due to the BBB, they could care less. They can absorb it. They are big enough to take it.. But small vendors that cannot absorb that bloody nose, really need to watch how they treat consumers.. Because your working in a very tight market with razor thin profit margins anyway in the RC hobbies.. There isn't much meat on the bones as it is.. And there's always somebody out there willing to make a profit, out of your misery when you go out of business.. Bigger profit to them.. So, smaller vendors need to be careful..

Which leads me back to MatoMart.. I have no knowledge of them one way or the other.. I would say if your customer experience with them has been good in the past, then that's a good thing.. Continue to buy from them with confidence.. I can't say good or bad about them from my own personal experience.. I just know what I've read here, and elsewhere.. I just didn't feel it was worth my risk to take a chance on an expensive item..

On the flip side, I have dealt with a few overseas vendors that came highly recommended here on the board.. And my experience with them was fantastic. And they got the 5-Gold Stars as being excellent to deal with.. Their customer service, was impeccable.. However, they are also well known to this group as well.. So they need no praise by me.. They have done much to earn the respect of the people who purchase from them..

Now, when it comes to E-Bay? Yeah.. I won't even go there.. Mixed bag.. And Amazon? Well, let's just say when you deal with Amazon, it should be looked at as E-Bay version 2.0.. Always proceed with caution..

Last edited by gp100; 04-22-2018 at 05:57 PM.