Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Do any of you have positive reviews for MatoMart?

Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Do any of you have positive reviews for MatoMart?

Old 10-27-2012, 04:57 AM
jlee104

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do any of you have positive reviews for MatoMart?

Looking back at my other thread (Panther G or M26), I saw a couple comments saying Matomart was one of the worse sources. I'm wondering if this is true or if there are other stories to prove me otherwise.

EDIT: It seems that Canada has had a generally positive experience with Mato, what about the US?
Old 10-27-2012, 05:06 AM
mustclime

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Do any of you have positive reviews for MatoMart?

You will not hear anything good from me.....theyjurked me around with a boat I bought that didn't work.....crappy way to treat someone that bought 2 tanks from them.
Old 10-27-2012, 05:07 AM
jlee104

ORIGINAL: mustclime

You will not hear anything good from me.....theyjurked me around with a boat I bought that didn't work.....crappy way to treat someone that bought 2 tanks from them.
How were the two tanks?

Old 10-27-2012, 05:19 AM
Glen B

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Purchases

From July 2010 to present;

8 - Tanks

5 - 3:1 Gearboxes

Numerous smaller items like Flashes, Spare Tracks, etc.

Delivery was quick, all items received without shipping damage.

Defects

One 3:1 gearbox set was defective (shaft on one was out of alignment); this was quickly replaced and the replacement gearbox was good.

First Panther G had internal damage in the form of broken "posts" that the various screws engage to hold things together; I assumed over-torqued during initial assembly. The tank functioned and these could not be seen without total dissassambly. Since I upgrade and refinish all my tanks, I repaired this during the build process, but it would not have been good for a casual user.

All the other 7 tanks did not have any defects and functioned well in their original form. Now those fitted with 3:1 gearboxes and SLU's function extremely well, including the first one with the internal damage from intial assembly
Old 10-27-2012, 05:27 AM
mustclime

They were heng longs......pretty much gutted them and started over. I like to IR battle, thats the main reason I got into this. You have a better chance with tamiya's so my main battle tank is a tamiya m26.
Old 10-27-2012, 05:44 AM
jlee104

mustclime - I currently do not have the budget for a Tamiya. I would if I could though.

Glen B - Sounds like Matomart is more reliable than some think.

ORIGINAL: Glen B

Purchases

8 - Tanks

Defects

One 3:1 gearbox set was defective (shaft on one was out of alignment); this was quickly replaced and the replacement gearbox was good.

First Panther G had internal damage in the form of broken "posts" that the various screws engage to hold things together; I assumed over-torqued during initial assembly. The tank functioned and these could not be seen without total dissassambly. Since I upgrade and refinish all my tanks, I repaired this during the build process, but it would not have been good for a casual user.

All the other 7 tanks did not have any defects and functioned well in their original form. Now those fitted with 3:1 gearboxes and SLU's function extremely well, including the first one with the internal damage from intial assembly
Old 10-27-2012, 06:14 AM
Glen B

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: jlee104

Well, my actual experiences have been good.

Approximately 80% of our club operates upgraded Heng Longs and purchases from Mato and I don't hear of many problems with the purchases. I don't know if there is a difference in this regard if the products are purchased in the U.S. or Canada.

Here are some HL's I have upgraded and refinished;
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt56846.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	50.7 KB
ID:	1815207   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv65087.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	21.1 KB
ID:	1815208   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx72049.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	40.0 KB
ID:	1815209   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge94696.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	322.2 KB
ID:	1815210   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv65514.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	492.3 KB
ID:	1815211  
Old 10-27-2012, 06:38 AM
tomtank

Very bad experience, no more buy directly from them. I will buy from them thru evile bay if i have to, so i can get full refund if anything wrong.
Old 10-27-2012, 07:36 AM
yellowshaker
My Feedback: (1)

Mike will be in touch and we can hook you up.

Old 10-27-2012, 07:53 AM
FreakyDude

well I have had positive feedback for Matomart but I won't order from them anymore.
I kind of compete with them now with my web store
www.shop.immortalhobbies.com

Old 10-27-2012, 08:11 AM
Strato50

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

ORIGINAL: jlee104

mustclime - I currently do not have the budget for a Tamiya. I would if I could though. [img][/img]

ORIGINAL: Glen B

Purchases

8 - Tanks

Defects

First Panther G had internal damage in the form of broken ''posts'' that the various screws engage to hold things together; I assumed over-torqued during initial assembly. The tank functioned and these could not be seen without total dissassambly. Since I upgrade and refinish all my tanks, I repaired this during the build process, but it would not have been good for a casual user.

They are! I get same-day replies about parts and items for sale. Ive bought a complete tank & plenty of upgrades over the last 2 years. Gearbox parts like drive shafts, etc, that most places cannot source.

Very quick shipping (for us canadians!) and knowledgeable. I really haven't had a negative experience.
Old 10-27-2012, 08:12 AM
mustclime

Hey, I know what you mean( I have only been into this for a year).....just remember you need to add all the numbers up when buying a hl tank.....the gear boxes really are just toy grade, they will eat them selves in battle. Braking them in will help but they arewhat they are.....so imo add gearboxes to the cost. when you will need to decide on a battle system as the hl system will not work with the tamiya system.....so add that in...the stock batteries are to weak, you need to get at least a 3300mabattery...so add that tothe price. I was able to battle a hl kingtiger for about $330 but when put against a sorted tamiya panther or purshingI was toast......
Old 10-27-2012, 08:52 AM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Mato has been my preferred choice over the years.

They are however a large online retailer, and because of this you loose some of the personalized service. As with any large distributor you will hear stories of "problems" Mass marketing less time for customer service than a Mom & Pop operation, and that is bound to happen.

They have a lot of satisfied customers and some not so satisfied. Compare them to any other large toy distributer and they will come out on top.

Because these things are so big and the cost to ship back and forth creates a financial burden on both parties, when a problem does arise it can lead to trouble. From my point of view there is nothing in these tanks that is rocket science. As a tank hobbyist you will have one stripped down to parts within a year, and be able to fix anything.

As soon as you progress past the "Toy tank" phase, you will be installing new gearboxes, new electronics and doing a host of other things as well.

I appreciate that you do not want to spend the money on Tamiya, and for that reason I encourage you to get your feet wet with a Heng Long. It is a great way to learn a lot about these tanks and the electronics that go in them, that will set you up for the future..

Mato is now focusing on bringing metal tanks to the market place, at a price comparable to the Tamiya tanks,. These are offered very differently then the plastic Heng Longs, and for me this will be my path in this hobby going forward, Full metal tanks with customized electronics, that are solidly built, and sound better then any others. For me a metal tank a year, with all the upgrades, and electronics is the perfect "yearly spend" on this hobby,
Old 10-27-2012, 09:17 AM
Panther F

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

Well said Dan and something to keep in mind when buying on-line. Phil spolied us with his personalized service and care, so I really doubt a large retailer can match that.

If ever one is to buy from them they must keep in mind that they HAVE to work on these.

Otherwise, buy a kit or a used RTR.

~ Jeff
Old 10-27-2012, 11:19 AM
Chow_Hound

I've only had a couple dealings with Matomart but they were very good about Customer service. Sent me a replacement spring after Ilost one for the metal sherman VVSS suspension free of charge.

Old 10-27-2012, 11:41 AM
rgallant

I have to agree good service, my KT was missing the antenna and battery was no good out of the box both replaced with no problems.

Panzer IV no issues at all.
Old 10-27-2012, 04:13 PM
Airbrushler

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

i bought three tanks from Matomart my Pershing my KV-1 and my Panther never had any problems
now Canada Post that's a different story when they leave it on the porch and concider that delivered....grrrr
you never know it might come broken cause of who was delivering it not matomarts fault
Old 10-27-2012, 04:40 PM
DirtyBird69

one vote against(as explained in an earlier thread)........... [:@]
Old 10-27-2012, 05:30 PM
EOT

I've bought a couple tanks and several order of parts from Mato mart and never had any problems with the tanks, parts or their service. The thing to remember jlee is HL are designed for kids to play with and they are toys and some of the components are toy grade. That doesn't mean they can't be great models. I have a HL and Tamiya Jagdpanther and side by side there hard to tell apart.  1 vote for positive on Mato mart

Mike                                                                                             EOT
Old 04-04-2018, 12:51 PM
SVTCobra
My Feedback: (10)

Default Beware of Mato

Feb/2018 I bought a tank that was clearly described as Infrared with recoil. I took a screenshot. They sent a different item. Got a nasty email from a guy named Steve. Denying that product and saying I'm cinfconf. I sent screenshot and all communication stopped. I sent back tank. They even changed the website description to a different description, which shows they know they messed up. They refuse to refund or exchange. I'm out $234.15. they even have the product I sent back. Horribly dishonest Buisness!
Old 04-04-2018, 12:56 PM
dgsselkirk

Received 42 Likes on 19 Posts

How did you pay? CC or Paypal? Use either to get your money back...
Old 04-04-2018, 02:48 PM
SVTCobra

Originally Posted by dgsselkirk
How did you pay? CC or Paypal? Use either to get your money back...
MatoMart is manipulating a grey area in PayPal returns. They use a P.O box address which has no phone number or email. Returns are collected every so often by a guy in another part of the province. PayPal has restrictions on time limits for reimbursement. 14 days past and it hadn't been picked up yet at the P.O box... So PayPal closed my resolution and gave MatoMart the money back. I've filed numerous complaints from PayPal to Canada Post. Both pass the buck and deny fault on their part. Credit Card started an investigation but they get no response from MatoMart. Canada Post started an investigation and they won't return calls or emails to Canada Post. MatoMart has deleted my account on their website. Better Buisness Bureau is investigating also. I was told that this Buisness is based and owned by a person living in China. Makes it hard to enforce outside that country. But they are investigating. They do agree I've been the victim of a bad employee or shifty dishonest company.
Old 04-04-2018, 04:14 PM
RichJohnson

Received 374 Likes on 238 Posts

Ive heard others mention the name Steve too.
yes they are shifty to all hell. And ive made it clear how i feel about mato current tanks.
Years ago i bought my first HL sherman from them and it went smooth. I buy parts from them often as the cost is small and not risky, but i would not buy a tank fom them again, they did actually solve one big tank problem once for me, it took beating them over the head but they solved it.
the problem with using paypal is they are not really on your side. If you used your CC with paypal you dont care canel the payment there because thatnwill end you with paypal.
You might try to keep on top of paypal and point out the fact that you sent the tank back and have proof its in the PO and you deserve your money back since it was a bait and switch to start with,
If you just use a CC you can just cancel the transaction, most CC companies will protect you under fraud protection.
Sorry to hear you are going through this.
Old 04-06-2018, 03:51 PM
SVTCobra

Originally Posted by RichJohnson
Ive heard others mention the name Steve too.
yes they are shifty to all hell. And ive made it clear how i feel about mato current tanks.
Years ago i bought my first HL sherman from them and it went smooth. I buy parts from them often as the cost is small and not risky, but i would not buy a tank fom them again, they did actually solve one big tank problem once for me, it took beating them over the head but they solved it.
the problem with using paypal is they are not really on your side. If you used your CC with paypal you dont care canel the payment there because thatnwill end you with paypal.
You might try to keep on top of paypal and point out the fact that you sent the tank back and have proof its in the PO and you deserve your money back since it was a bait and switch to start with,
If you just use a CC you can just cancel the transaction, most CC companies will protect you under fraud protection.
Sorry to hear you are going through this.
Update- MatoMart replied to Better Buisness Bureau stating that because I filed a dispute with PayPal he terminated all business with me. Wants nothing to do with me, BBB or Canada Post and will reply no further to anyone. MatoMart will not confirm nor deny getting my return. Which makes it difficult for Canada Post to reimburse me for a lost package or PayPal to pay me back cause it was delivered. I will have to fight with Canada Post and PayPal now, since MatoMart has stopped all communication. If I can get the proof from Canada Post the return was returned... PayPal says they will reimburse me. If I can get Canada Post to prove it's lost... I get paid by insurance. But they suspect it was delivered. Actually they are pretty sure. They just won't put that on paper, yet.
Old 04-06-2018, 05:37 PM
Spitvalve

The shipping costs of Mato items to me is ridiculous and I live in Canada! A very peculiar company...

Mike.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.