Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

RC Tank Natural Camouflage

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

RC Tank Natural Camouflage

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2012, 04:28 PM
hatakashi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RC Tank Natural Camouflage

I particularly like to put natural vegetation onto my tanks to simulate real life camouflage, the idea started when I tried fake foliage on my 1/16 KT...then progressed forward...

And then it manifested itself in the 1/6 scale...

However it's less successful in 1/4...due to lack of the right vegetation and sadly...time...

Old 11-01-2012, 01:38 PM
hatakashi

Default RE: RC Tank Natural Camouflage

no one else does it too?[X(]
Old 11-01-2012, 07:35 PM
MAUS45

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

I have tried it in the past with my 1/16 scale Tiger I, but it is hard to find natural miniature tree branches and shrubs for that scale. I have a 1/8 scale Tiger II that I would have more potential for this type of camo, but it is not ready yet.
Old 11-01-2012, 09:39 PM
hatakashi

ORIGINAL: MAUS45

I have tried it in the past with my 1/16 scale Tiger I, but it is hard to find natural miniature tree branches and shrubs for that scale. I have a 1/8 scale Tiger II that I would have more potential for this type of camo, but it is not ready yet.
You should try it again!! I am eager to try it again when I next take my tank out
Old 11-02-2012, 04:27 AM
pattoncommander

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Part of the problem is the way the camo is positioned. The "right vegitation" is only part of the whole picture. Natural camo must look natural and cannot just be laid over the vehicle like stacking wood. Live trees/bushes should be placed where they appear to be
in a natural environment and growing. Branches can be placed into grab rings, tow cables, handles, pioneer tools, tow eyes, between stowage boxes or tied onto upright parts so they look like naturally growing vegetation. Care must be taken to keep areas clear and not blocking vision and sighting devices, especially if the camo is going to remain in place while moving. Keep away from mufflers which can cause a fire or kill the vegitation and air flow to the engine. A tree branch or bush laying on its side or just draped over a turret on a vehicle trying to hide will show up visually or on recon photos and give away your position. Camo must be the same as that in which you are setting up a position. Limbs/branches from a Maple tree will not work well sitting in a predominate Pine or Spruce area. Unless you are moving to a location in the same general area, live camo is usually discarded when leaving the area. In large farming areas, both in Europe and Korea, straw was used to represent stacks of hay or straw. It worked pretty well on turrets but it restricted movement and access and increased the danger of fire. A couple MG tracer rounds can ruin your day.
Great looking Tiger. Rearranging the natural camo you have would do a lot for it.